Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad or Samsung tablet/note

Options
  • 10-03-2013 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

My laptop has finally given up on me so am looking to buy either an iPad or Samsung tablet or note. We mostly use laptop for Internet and streaming movies and tv shows. Can anybody recommend which one to get? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

cottager83 wrote: »
    My laptop has finally given up on me so am looking to buy either an iPad or Samsung tablet or note.

Make no mistake, no tablet can really substitute your laptop.

If you mainly watch movies and TV shows, keep in mind that the iPad has a screen ratio of 4:3 and you'll have to live with annoying black bars at the top and bottom, unless you crop the video files. You're better off with a Full HD display.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

Galaxy Tabs are nice and much cheaper than Ipad..depends on your budget..I wouldn't stray away from Samsung or Apple though..some of the cheaper tablets are crap

Advertisement