Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up suggestions .. MAC, Benefit .. Etc

• 10-03-2013 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi girls , my sister is going out to the States next week and I'm giving her a list of make up to bring me back .. Prices are so much better for Mac and benefit out there but not so much for the European brands like clinique or clarins. I want to try something new though because it's cheaper! Anyone have suggestions or anything Mac or benefit or anything else worth getting? I use mac and benefit quite a lotbut I don't tend to change it much. So .. What do you use? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LoadofCROC

My Mac must haves are eye shadows and mineralised skin finishes. Best to get products you'll find your self using most or colours you tend using most often. Get your basic colours. I find myself using MAC 'SHROOM' and 'CHARCOAL BROWN' matt shadow most often. Also Mineralised Skin Finish 'SOFT AND GENTLE'. With benefit I use 'HERVANA' and 'HOOLA BRONZER' also there mascara 'THEY'RE REAL'. Get her to see if there is a 'SEPHORA' cosmetic store near her to they have fab makeup ranges and there own brand stuff is reasonably priced, they also have there own range of OPI nail polish which is fab if ur a nail polish junkie like me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Infallable

LoadofCROC wrote: »
    My Mac must haves are eye shadows and mineralised skin finishes. Best to get products you'll find your self using most or colours you tend using most often. Get your basic colours. I find myself using MAC 'SHROOM' and 'CHARCOAL BROWN' matt shadow most often. Also Mineralised Skin Finish 'SOFT AND GENTLE'. With benefit I use 'HERVANA' and 'HOOLA BRONZER' also there mascara 'THEY'RE REAL'. Get her to see if there is a 'SEPHORA' cosmetic store near her to they have fab makeup ranges and there own brand stuff is reasonably priced, they also have there own range of OPI nail polish which is fab if ur a nail polish junkie like me :-)

Didn't even think of nail varnish! I love it !! I've my nails ruined from it I think ..yeah, love 'they're real' .. Hell to get off but totally worth it! Thanks for all your suggestions.. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 on Mac Mineralise Skin finishes. I brought home three of the "Light" ones from New York :D They also have coloured ones that can be used for highlighting.

Benefit's new product Fine One One looks really nice!

Have a look on Sephora's website, they have brands we've never even seen here. See if there's anything you fancy. Their brush sets are also good, look for the ones with "Advanced", "Deluxe", rather than the "Essential". Quality will be better. I have this one http://www.sephora.com/advanced-airbrush-set-P280421?skuId=1302371

The OCC Lip Tars have a cult following, you can get sets in Sephora http://www.sephora.com/obsessive-compulsive-cosmetics

Tatre is another popular brand in Sephora. I've heard good things about their blusher http://www.sephora.com/tarte#!ref[]=900015&pageSize=60&sortBy=-1&brandId=5648

If you're into nail polish, OPI and Essie are very cheap over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Redken etc can be cheaper in the drugstores. I love stocking up on brands we can't get here like Milani and Cover Girl - Cg do some great mascaras etc.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask is great as well - you can get that in the drugstores.

Advertisement