Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop up shops, or short term retail leases

Options
  • 10-03-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I have an idea for a business that's quite disruptive in nature (ie very experimental!). It would depend upon having a decent retail outlet. By decent, I mean in terms of passing traffic, in Dublin. Other than this (and a small budget) the needs would be very flexible, so the layout, fittings, floor space etc don't have to be any particular way or to any particular standard.

I'm wondering does anyone know if there is much activity still around pop up shops, or retail units being leased with very low commitment leases?

Ideally I could do a 3-6 month test run and take it from there.

If anyone has any experience in this, or knows of any landlords looking to fill a commercial space I'd love to hear from you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Cianos wrote: »
    Hey,
    I have an idea for a business that's quite disruptive in nature (ie very experimental!). It would depend upon having a decent retail outlet. By decent, I mean in terms of passing traffic, in Dublin. Other than this (and a small budget) the needs would be very flexible, so the layout, fittings, floor space etc don't have to be any particular way or to any particular standard.

I'm wondering does anyone know if there is much activity still around pop up shops, or retail units being leased with very low commitment leases?

Ideally I could do a 3-6 month test run and take it from there.

If anyone has any experience in this, or knows of any landlords looking to fill a commercial space I'd love to hear from you!

Depends on what time of you you want, maybe look at where Pop-up shops appear for Christmas, they might be empty now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Depends on what time of you you want, maybe look at where Pop-up shops appear for Christmas, they might be empty now...

It's not season dependent, so a unit that would otherwise only be open around Christmas time could work well for the landlord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

loads of short term licences available - simply get a good commercial agent to represent you. Not that expensive and can save you money in the short term.

They'll also know what is available on the quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

sandin wrote: »
    loads of short term licences available - simply get a good commercial agent to represent you. Not that expensive and can save you money in the short term.

They'll also know what is available on the quiet.

Thanks for the tip. Do you have any recommendations for an agent?

Advertisement