Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Bridge bar reopening ?

Options
  • 10-03-2013 4:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the Bridge bar on Westmoreland Street is reopening ?

I passed it last night and it had a new sign over the door but it was closed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jumboman wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Bridge bar on Westmoreland Street is reopening ?

I passed it last night and it had a new sign over the door but it was closed.

Jeeze, I worked the door there from 2001 - 2003.

I haven't heard a thing about it re-opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

is that the place that used to be osullivans?

I thought it was already open. There is a new nightclub called sahara underneath it I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

liffeylite wrote: »
    is that the place that used to be osullivans?

I thought it was already open. There is a new nightclub called sahara underneath it I think

O'Sullivan's is still open, and still called O'Sullivan's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Bridge was under O'Sullivans.

Then I guess you are talking about Sahara nightclub which has been open for a few weeks now.

I am pretty sure it is under O'sullivans. Where Trivia club used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Then I guess you are talking about Sahara nightclub which has been open for a few weeks now.

I am pretty sure it is under O'sullivans. Where Trivia club used to be.

Any idea what hours Sahara opens ? Whenever I pass it its always closed just like play nightclub which never seems to open.

Friday and Saturday nights. 10 pm until 3 am. I would guess play is similar

Friday and Saturday nights. 10 pm until 3 am. I would guess play is similar

Is their an entrance charge ?

Also I could of sweared it was after 10pm when I passed it last Saturday and it was closed.

I am not sure. I just read that on a website somewhere. they were advertising it on a radio station not long ago.

There are a few clubs opened recently. The Avenue up on Parnell square and also a new club underneath Samsara where pink used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭oconnoao

I was in Sahara on a Saturday night a couple of weeks ago - there was no cover charge. I think it could be 11pm opening.

It seemed like a nice place but whether intentional or not, it seemed very gay friendly which some of my friends didn't appreciate and we ended up leaving after a couple of drinks :(

• Advertisement

oconnoao wrote: »
    I was in Sahara on a Saturday night a couple of weeks ago - there was no cover charge. I think it could be 11pm opening.

It seemed like a nice place but whether intentional or not, it seemed very gay friendly which some of my friends didn't appreciate and we ended up leaving after a couple of drinks :(

It must be the use of the colour pink in their logo that makes it "gay friendly"

Can you tell me if it has changed much since it was the bridge ?

have a look at www.publin.ie there are pictures of it.

Advertisement