Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Home Evaluation Guide from revenue.ie

Options
  • 10-03-2013 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

https://lpt.revenue.ie/lpt-web/valuation-guide/index.htm

It's only supposed to be used as a general guide for when you're evaluating your home for property tax. It seems to be accurate enough I think.

That said maybe a little more kindly weighted in favour of the better off. Houses on Taylors Hill and Rockbarton etc look to be 250-300 k. Houses in Highfield,Shantalla,Newcastle,Knocknacarra are 150-200.

Anyways, we can all get calculating now. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Semi-d houses in Knocknacarra are overvalued, in some instances, while detached houses are WAY undervalued in the areas you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

They estimate our house to be in the 150-200K range, take midpoint 175K * .18 percent (.0018) = €315.

I wonder how many years it will take before they tack on a zero to that figure...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

TBH, when I see how little houses very similar to my own are fetching on the market, and how much more Revenue has valued them at, I think I'll be sticking to my own valuation and not using the website. Far too little difference between detached, semi-d and terraced houses, and no recognition of the number of bedrooms, which is the main factor when it comes to valuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Semi-d houses in Knocknacarra are overvalued, in some instances, while detached houses are WAY undervalued in the areas you mention.

Any system that uses averages will have a couple of exceptional values that look just plain wrong. The problem with the average valuations is that the apartments etc that sold cheap in in the area over the past few years will drag down the overall valuation.

That's not to say that the houses that sold for significantly above the valuations will be able to claim the average price, because the sale prices are now available by the nosey parkers property price register.

Given what houses have been selling for it, in general the valuations look about right. I'd say that the PPR will be used to backstop the valuations, so they houses in the TH area will more than likely not get away with claiming the average.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭galwayfellaBETA

Since 2003 FF have been.... and now FG & Labour are 'dead to me'.

Make no mistake people, this money is going to central government and WILL NOT go anywhere near funding local services... this money is been taken from the local economy in order to pay 34BILLION of odious debt to unknown bondholders. Noonan and this bilderberg mates can go ****, I for one am in complete opposition to everything this far-right wing government is about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I would be in the county myself but not much point setting up another thread.
    I'm happy enough with the value on my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think it's horrendously vague. It's bands are ridiculously vague, in fact, estimating properties in Oranmore worth 100,000 as per market norms the last 12 months, as worth 160,000, for example. Not to mention, the baffling indifference to number of rooms per property, amongst other concerns. Thumbs down from me.

Advertisement