Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot password for Admin

Options
  • 10-03-2013 5:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

So here is the story I forgot the password for my admin account but I know the password for another user on the same pc but that user is not an administrator
    Anyway to recover password without loosing any stuff
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Use the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor to reset (clear) the password.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

Torqay wrote: »
    Use the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor to reset (clear) the password.

Yh but I want to boot it from USb but the instructions on how to load it onto your usb is quite confusing?:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Try Rufus ... or get UBCD, the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor is included and it comes with a script to create a bootable USB stick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

Torqay wrote: »
    Try Rufus ... or get UBCD, the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor is included and it comes with a script to create a bootable USB stick

Thanks for all your help
    I remembered the password now lol
    For future preferences I made the other account admin aswell

Advertisement