Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vancouver Island.

Options
  • 10-03-2013 5:11pm

Is anyone here there? I'm thinking of going there myself to Victoria or Nanaimo or even Port Alberni, or anywhere between. Manufacturing technician would be great, but I'm open to the labour kind of work, bartending/building/etc.

Any stories from the island?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Im living here at the moment, great place, lots of work now coming into the summer season.
    One of the best climates in Canada and a really relaxed place to live and also a great nightlife.
    Could not recommend it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Hey there, also thinking of moving out to the island, I was debating the idea of going to Canada as my funds aren't as high as I'd hoped, but I'm gonna go for it as I have the IEC visa, running out in April if i don't use it.... I'll be arriving with about 3000 dollars Canadian in my bank to set me up. Open to all kinds of work like the OP, shop, bar, kitchen work etc, JONJO, do you reckon there's a good deal of work to be found? What's transport like on the island for buses etc? Thanks for any info

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Public transport is very good in Victoria. As for Jobs now is the time to come because they are already hiring for the summer season.
    Jobs here are very slack in the winter months but now and in the next two months they will be hiring like crazy because of all the cruise ships and tourists that decent here.
    Need any more info P.M me.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Public transport is very good in Victoria. As for Jobs now is the time to come because they are already hiring for the summer season.
    Jobs here are very slack in the winter months but now and in the next two months they will be hiring like crazy because of all the cruise ships and tourists that decent here.
    Need any more info P.M me.

Thanks alot for the info, sounds good. I hadn't really considered the island before the last few days but the more i look it up the better it looks, it seems like a really cool place. ARe you out there long?

Hmmm, after doing the maths, I wouldn't be able to come until September - November. Might hold on a few months till March 2014 so (have a job, I can put a little more money away from it in the meantime)

• Advertisement
Advertisement