Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strongest Salt & Vinegar crisps?

Options
  • 10-03-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I love really strong flavoured S&V. Have tried several brands but was wondering if anyone can recommend ones?

So far O'Donnell's are one of the best but would like stronger.

Thanks,
    DR Milly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

DR Milly wrote: »
    I love really strong flavoured S&V. Have tried several brands but was wondering if anyone can recommend ones?

So far O'Donnell's are one of the best but would like stronger.

Thanks,
    DR Milly

Did you try the walkers ridges
    Malt vinegar is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

Not strictly crisps but I remember mini chips used to be really vinagery. Not sure if they're still available though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

macsauce wrote: »
    Not strictly crisps but I remember mini chips used to be really vinagery. Not sure if they're still available though.

Mini chips would sting the gob off you but i dont think they make them any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

shockwave wrote: »
    Mini chips would sting the gob off you but i dont think they make them any more.

They certainly do make them still. They have them in the Spar in Barrack street anyway. They're fecking lovely between a couple of bits of sliced pan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Discos are unreal, do they still sell them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

+1 on the mini chips, they are fab, have seen them in most spar shops in the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

tayto bistro salt & vinegar are my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

put more salt and vinegar on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Manhattan Sore finger are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Jonathan Crisps - Balsamic Vinegar & Sea Salt
    but their Beef & Horseradish are unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

O Riain wrote: »
    Discos are unreal, do they still sell them?

Yeah they still sell them alright. Definitely the strongest salt & vinegar flavour around - they'd scald the mouth off you, especially the crumbs at the bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

They seem to be putting less and less flavour on crisps now, all in the name of reduced fat and salt content.

If i was worried about that I probably wouldn't eat crisps in the first place. Discos used to be face warpingly salty but are pretty bland now. tayto gourmet are sometimes strong enough for my liking.

I find the cheap ass salt and vinegar sticks that you get in the €1 bags in supermarkets and convenience stores are the best for taking skin off the inside of your mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Banshee Bones, your yearly salt RDA in one packet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The King Gold Standard S&V are fab, like eating chips with loads of vinegar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

put more salt and vinegar on

That makes them go soggy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Those 6 packs of golden wonder salt and vinegar i would say.

Advertisement