Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed for the basics of FireFox toolbar?

Options
  • 10-03-2013 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

I just downloaded Firefox a couple of hours ago but I cannot seem to get my toolbars the way I had them in IE.

Basically,

1) What I have now is:

a box for entering a (www) web address for half the length of the screen followed directly by a google toolbar/search box (so both boxes one after the other)

2) What I want is:

My google toolbar/search box directly under my www address box where my favorites are located.

This is hard to explain and I'm probably making a balls of it but in order from top to bottom I want (address bar) directly underneath that I want (google toolbar) and directly under that I want (my favourites bar).

There doesn't seem to be a lock/unlock toolbars function like there is with IE.

Anyone able to offer any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Something like this?

89489360.jpg

Right click the tool bar > Customize.

Drag the address bar up next to the tab.

Mind you, this way the address bar will get shorter with every additional to you open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Torqay wrote: »
    Something like this?

89489360.jpg

Right click the tool bar > Customize.

Drag the address bar up next to the tab.

Mind you, this way the address bar will get shorter with every additional to you open.

Cool that worked thanks. How do I go about making them shorter in length like the ones in the picture, my google search box is the entire length of the screen. There are no horizontal arrows at the start/end of either box for the option to shorten/lengthen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Use space holders.

Advertisement