Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old pictures of UCC student centre

Options
  • 10-03-2013 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone have old pictures of the UCC Student centre. Primarily ones before they did the extension about 6 or 7 years ago.

Would be before the glass facia and extra bit was built and the pergola was still there. I think the fancy ground circle outside it and the Honan Chapel wouldn't have been there either.

Can't find anything on the net.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Honan chapel has been around since November 1916. As for pictures your best bet is to ask in the library and there should be something in the UCC archives.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Just wondering does anyone have old pictures of the UCC Student centre. Primarily ones before they did the extension about 6 or 7 years ago.

Would be before the glass facia and extra bit was built and the pergola was still there. I think the fancy ground circle outside it and the Honan Chapel wouldn't have been there either.

Can't find anything on the net.
    There is a large picture behind the bar of the student centre. Give it a go!
    Well, that was 2 years ago when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

calnand wrote: »
    Honan chapel has been around since November 1916. As for pictures your best bet is to ask in the library and there should be something in the UCC archives.

:D Didn't mean the Honan Chapel wasn't there, just the circle in front of it.

Will check in the library and student centre. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I have a brochure of when I started College like "student handbook" or something with a pic on the front... there were external steps on aras na macleinn leading to the 1st floor...

brochure is buried in attic though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

vector wrote: »
    I have a brochure of when I started College like "student handbook" or something with a pic on the front... there were external steps on aras na macleinn leading to the 1st floor...

brochure is buried in attic though :(

It's weird how memory works. I thought i had a good recollection of how it looked with the Old sculpture and smoking bike she'd type area, along with the old science building? that was just by the Honan Chapel. But I had completely forgotten about the steps until you mentioned it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

there was an oak tree by the honan that was chopped since too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

People weren't happy with that tree going as far as I remember. Think it was deemed dangerous anyway. Thought this would be easy enough to find, but it's like it had been purged from all existence. Just spent 10 minutes Google images of everything from various societies - lot of society pics taken on those steps - to ronan o gara's wedding which I remembered stumbling upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Try ringing the audio-visual department, UCC. They have a photographer who might have what you want.

Advertisement