Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Leaving Cert

• 10-03-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi i was just wondering.

My Art Teacher told me that if i was to draw my finished work in Pencil only for the leaving cert that i would be docked a whole grade, Is this true?
    I'm not sure if i should believe it or not, to be honest she isn't the best teacher.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

LukeF96 wrote: »
    Hi i was just wondering.

My Art Teacher told me that if i was to draw my finished work in Pencil only for the leaving cert that i would be docked a whole grade, Is this true?
    I'm not sure if i should believe it or not, to be honest she isn't the best teacher.
    Thanks

What section of the exam are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

What section of the exam are you talking about?
    The Practical Part.

Yeah but like the life drawing? Imaginative composition? craftwork/design?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

The Imaginative Composition and Poster Design.

LukeF96 wrote: »
    The Imaginative Composition and Poster Design.

For those bits yeah I think they have to be coloured. Unless you opt for still life instead of imaginative, pencil is accepted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

The only thing that would be fine in all pencil would be a still life I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SmidgeBall

All though "technically" It's ok you really need to add even a splash of colour as it would be EXTREMELY difficult to score well otherwise, like it would have to pretty much be amazing and the lack of colour would have to suit the piece perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Yes, you need line, tone, colour, texture. It is how the exam is marked.

Advertisement