Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fixyourstreet.ie

Options
  • 10-03-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

noticed that the council has signed up to fixyourstreet.ie , a web service which allows people to report things that need their local council's maintenance teams attention. haven't tried it yet but think it's a great idea, just not overly confident of the response of the council to any submitted reports but will be more than happy to be proven wrong on this. oh, and there's the obligatory app as well.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Posted there about a sizable pothole that had opened up near our estate, pothole had been repaired within 48 hours... coincidence? More than probably, but who knows, maybe it was a service working perfectly, and that would be a pleasant surprise. Try it and see if anything happens :)

I've emailed the city council a couple of times about broken things - I have gotten a prompt response and they have been fixed within a couple of days each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I find this a great service that City Council use really well. I phoned about an issue in our area, no action taken,but when I reported it via fixyourstreet it was investigated & repaired. Hope it stays that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Off-topic, but can anyone access the Galway City Council online planning enquiry records (the full map based planning enquiry system)? I haven't been able to get in for weeks. I never had any trouble up until then, even though nothing has changed on my computer.

http://gis.galwaycity.ie/planenq/LAResources/info.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Off-topic, but can anyone access the Galway City Council online planning enquiry records (the full map based planning enquiry system)? I haven't been able to get in for weeks. I never had any trouble up until then, even though nothing has changed on my computer.

I was using it on Friday with no issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

It only works on Internet Explorer, in case you were trying with a different browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Greenview

A useful DERI developed app for viewing on a map, the latest planning applications. http://lab.linkeddata.deri.ie/2010/planning-apps/#_12/352

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Not working at the mo?

www.fixyourstreet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Not working at the mo?

www.fixyourstreet.ie

I emailed them about a couple of reports I submitted that didn't show up immediately and they said that the reports are moderated afterwards and then approved for display and forwarding to the relevant local authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fixer Upper

Zzippy wrote: »
    It only works on Internet Explorer, in case you were trying with a different browser?

I've reported a problem through Chrome and it worked fine for me! Will watch this space and see how it develops..... :D

• Advertisement

I've reported a problem through Chrome and it worked fine for me! Will watch this space and see how it develops..... :D

Zzippy meant Internet Explorer for viewing the City Council Planning Applications

is this just a Dublin thing? see alot of reports for Dublin but none for rest of the country. Submitted a complaint about our local park and the dumping that goes on...so we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

fifib wrote: »
    is this just a Dublin thing? see alot of reports for Dublin but none for rest of the country. Submitted a complaint about our local park and the dumping that goes on...so we'll see!

if you zoom in on Galway in the app and refresh the reports list there's a good few reports in the city. it was developed for South Dublin council but it is nationwide now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Zzippy wrote: »
    The Lite version of the planning enquiry search works fine through Firefox and then you can pull up the planning files the same as you can on Internet Explorer.

Advertisement