Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol grip stocks?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Constab2

Not sure on the folding but the pistol grip on a rifle is not restricted only a shotgun if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

It's not restricted unless they think it looks like or resembles an "assault rifle"

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

duckman!! wrote: »

could fall into the Idontlikethelookofthat category on either count

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Yep, these stocks are allowed in Ireland and I've seen a few very similar, but you might have to go down the restricted route, depending on how the Gardai view the stock.

If they think it looks like an assault rifle, then it's restricted. It all depends on what the Super thinks so nobody here can give you a 100% accurate answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

I own the 2 of them but never like going out with them just incase,
    I guess I'll ask my fo and see what he says!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

You would be better off writing a letter to your super with a pic attached of the target stock;), it's not your fo's decision and he may either not like it himself and say no or could be ignorant to the law and say no to cover himself while the super could say yes. He is the only one who can deem you need a restricted licence for it.

Thanks for the info!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

juice1304 wrote: »
    You would be better off writing a letter to your super with a pic attached of the target stock;), it's not your fo's decision and he may either not like it himself and say no or could be ignorant to the law and say no to cover himself while the super could say yes. He is the only one who can deem you need a restricted licence for it.

Yup, so when you send him the pic, make sure to send him the pic of the stock you're getting. Not some other stock. The way the restricted SI is worded, and the Act itself, sending him a different pic might well be thought of as "misleading information" on the application form and could land you in it.

Sparks wrote: »
    Yup, so when you send him the pic, make sure to send him the pic of the stock you're getting. Not some other stock. The way the restricted SI is worded, and the Act itself, sending him a different pic might well be thought of as "misleading information" on the application form and could land you in it.

Right will do, I'll let ye know what happens!!

Advertisement