Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 open zone in standby?

Options
  • 10-03-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Does anyone know if open zones can be displayed during normal standby of the system? I know you will be notified when you try to arm!

Shane

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I haven't come across it & I can't see anything in the menu.
    Looks like another fairly obvious feature omitted.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Yep set wrk to EN50131 to NO

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭ShanE90

Ok ill try that! Cheers! Does than EN ..... Change anything else

Ye you won't need to enter your user code when using the quick codes eg 0#7

KoolKid wrote: »
    I haven't come across it & I can't see anything in the menu.
    Looks like another fairly obvious feature omitted.:confused:

It's against standards to have it show the open zones while unset

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And then where is the setting to display open zones in standby.
    It's against standards to have it show the open zones while unset
    Do you have a link to the section that's in?
    I've never been pulled up on that one. Perhaps they were 2 busy worrying about their 3 amp fuse protecting 1.5 cables.:P

It does in normally . Scrolls through them on the screen .

It does in normally . Scrolls through them on the screen .
    Thanks, I didn't know that.;)
    Any link on the section of the standards about this? Because just looking at the different firmware versions of SPC & its allowed with EN50131 standards selected. Even with conform to Grade 3. Remember this panel is not self certified so I would be amazed if this was overlooked every time.

Here ya go :)
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/269675/244474.jpg
    Thanks.
    Point 3 is a little strange there . Every other point refers to either set or unset but that one doesn't. That could be interpreted as always or as alarm events..
    Off to investigate this one......

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

Hi guys
    I swapped a Hkc 812 for a Hkc 1070 all the rf zones are fine but the 10 wired pirs are all showing open zones. I have wired standard eol with 2 pairs to alarm and tamper and 2 for power. Also since I changed over no LEDs are on the pies either. Any help would be great

• Advertisement

It sounds like the PiRs are not being powered.
    Are the + & - connections correct and can you check the power is there with a multimeter?

KoolKid wrote: »
    It sounds like the PiRs are not being powered.
    Are the + & - connections correct and can you check the power is there with a multimeter?

I will check the power yes I have a multimeter I have them wired to the aux 12 v + and - in d panal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

I will check the power yes I have a multimeter I have them wired to the aux 12 v + and - in d panal

The 10/70 has resettable fuses. If you have any of the cables installed incorrectly this might be causing the issue.

Thanks Altor
    Ya go d problem sorted now. Quick question about d rf keyfob can the button 9 which is used to toggle the lights on the rkp, can it be programmed to control one of the panel o/p such as lights

Thanks Altor
    Ya go d problem sorted now. Quick question about d rf keyfob can the button 9 which is used to toggle the lights on the rkp, can it be programmed to control one of the panel o/p such as lights

Sorry, just noticed this now Sean.

The fob can be used to control the light output on the control panel.
    Key mapping is on the way too so a fob will be able to control different outputs.
    You can also set up the keypad to control the different outputs.

altor wrote: »
    Sorry, just noticed this now Sean.

The fob can be used to control the light output on the control panel.
    Key mapping is on the way too so a fob will be able to control different outputs.
    You can also set up the keypad to control the different outputs.

Thanks again Altor

Today I noticed either the O2 network is down or the signal strength is not great but I cannot communicate with the panal via gsm. This is worrying if an alarm event was to happen should I install a DTV card as a back up ?

Thanks again Altor

Today I noticed either the O2 network is down or the signal strength is not great but I cannot communicate with the panal via gsm. This is worrying if an alarm event was to happen should I install a DTV card as a back up ?

Hi guys will a gsm-m unit work with the sw1070 panal or is there an aerial of some sort I can install as gsm coverage is very poor. I remember before the gsm-m unit was only pulling in 40% max signal strengths that was with an aerial installed

Hi guys will a gsm-m unit work with the sw1070 panal or is there an aerial of some sort I can install as gsm coverage is very poor. I remember before the gsm-m unit was only pulling in 40% max signal strengths that was with an aerial installed

If you are having issues with the signal strength I would try a different service provider. The GSM-M is another option as you can install this in a area with a better signal strength and run a cable back to the control panel.

As It happens I think the signal is ok I'm not at the property for a week but when the system is set or unset of if an alarm activation occurs I get a text, however if I look for stat or log or o/p control it does not respond. All this worked perfect up to 2 weeks ago. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 arinb12

thought i would jump in and ask. How can I attach a light to be toggled on and off with the remote keypad.

I have a mains light that I would like to be able to turn on with the 9 key on the fob. how do I wire this into an output on the control panel (have engineers access)

do i need to buy a relay switch?

• Advertisement
Advertisement