Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from the soccer forum

Options
  • 10-03-2013 9:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Enough is enough. I'm not happy with the explanation given by the mod who, yet again, banned me from the soccer forum. If what I posted now passes as personal abuse then the soccer forum truly has gone to the dogs.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You were banned for an accumulation of 6 yellow cards during the current season. The ban automatically follows those yellows, as set out in the charter. The yellow you received today was for referring to another poster as a "pathetic individual". Not only that, but you repeated this later in the same thread and also made reference to the fact you had received a warning putting a "sarcastic" smiley at the end of that post. TBH, I think you are very lucky to have got away with a single yellow for those three posts, and I can see absolutely no reason for overturning the one you did receive. As I said above, the ban automatically follows

I would add that your record in the Soccer Forum is pretty abysmal, with 19 yellows to your name as well as a couple of bans (in addition to those you received for accumulating cards). You have been subject to over 40 mod actions across the site (yellows, reds and bans, including those bans you received under the Soccer forum totting up process). If you want to regain access (which you can apply for after 6 months) I would suggest you have a look at your posting style and steer clear of trouble, as with a record like that I would fully understand if the local mods decided not to re-admit you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Beasty wrote: »
    You were banned for an accumulation of 6 yellow cards during the current season. The ban automatically follows those yellows, as set out in the charter. The yellow you received today was for referring to another poster as a "pathetic individual". Not only that, but you repeated this later in the same thread and also made reference to the fact you had received a warning putting a "sarcastic" smiley at the end of that post. TBH, I think you are very lucky to have got away with a single yellow for those three posts, and I can see absolutely no reason for overturning the one you did receive. As I said above, the ban automatically follows

I would add that your record in the Soccer Forum is pretty abysmal, with 19 yellows to your name as well as a couple of bans (in addition to those you received for accumulating cards). You have been subject to over 40 mod actions across the site (yellows, reds and bans, including those bans you received under the Soccer forum totting up process). If you want to regain access (which you can apply for after 6 months) I would suggest you have a look at your posting style and steer clear of trouble, as with a record like that I would fully understand if the local mods decided not to re-admit you

An accumulation of 6? The mod in question told me it was 7, which is it?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Melion wrote: »
    An accumulation of 6? The mod in question told me it was 7, which is it?
    I can see 6 for this season - that's an automatic ban with an opportunity to apply for re-admission after 6 months

Beasty wrote: »
    I can see 6 for this season - that's an automatic ban with an opportunity to apply for re-admission after 6 months

So the 2 of you are contradicting each other? Makes little sense to me. The mod in question blatantly has an issue with me and it's gone beyond a joke at this stage.

6 or 7, the conesquences are the same. I am upholding the yellow, and therefore the ban automatically follows for the 6 yellows received during the course of the season

You may ask an Admin to review this should you wish

• Advertisement

No input from the mod in question? Surprise surprise.

The mod is not allowed any input unless I invite him to. It's a clear case to me - the yellow was warranted so I have not asked the mod for any input. You have posted nothing to even attempt to defend your post. I presume you accept that referring to another user as a "pathetic individual" is abusive?

It is far from abusive compared to things that get away with no repercussions on that forum. There was a far more abusive post at 23.29 in the Liverpool thread last night, was that punished?

It is far from abusive compared to things that get away with no repercussions on that forum. There was a far more abusive post at 23.29 in the Liverpool thread last night, was that punished?
    That is not relevant to this dispute.

Do you want an Admin to review the yellow card (and resultant ban) or not?

Absolutely, not that there's any point.

And it's very relevant because I have seen things on the soccer forum a lot worse than what I said go unpunished.

• Advertisement

OK, could an Admin please review this decision

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Melion, is your only argument against this ban that you have "seen things on the soccer forum a lot worse than what I said go unpunished", or is there any other basis for you to dispute the ban?

Trojan wrote: »
    Melion, is your only argument against this ban that you have "seen things on the soccer forum a lot worse than what I said go unpunished", or is there any other basis for you to dispute the ban?

I feel that my post wasn't abusive and was in no way worthy of a yellow card. Simple enough really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I feel that my post wasn't abusive and was in no way worthy of a yellow card. Simple enough really.

Ok, thanks.

I think that referring to another poster as a "pathetic individual" is abusive and deserves a yellow card. Ban stands.

(For the record, were the argument that there was other stuff worse, the ban would also still stand. The correct course is to report abusive posts, not use them as justification post-ban.)

Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement