Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rye Bread Sandwhich

Options
  • 10-03-2013 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I purchased Rye Omega 3 Golden Linseed Bread in Tesco and as much as it looks delicious, I was wondering if any foodies could tell me what I could add onto it? I am also into my healthy eating, I am just not experimental so god knows what I will put on it thinking it's nice.

I was thinking of spreading avocado and banana on it? Does that sound nice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Having grown up in a country where this type of bread is the normal every day standard bread, I would eat pretty much anything on rye bread, from sweet things for breakfast like jam, honey etc. to savoury things like cheeses, parma ham, cream cheese & smoked salmon, other smoked fish etc. So I can't see any reason why avocado/banana shouldn't work, go for it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BeatlesFan1992

5unflower wrote: »
    Having grown up in a country where this type of bread is the normal every day standard bread, I would eat pretty much anything on rye bread, from sweet things for breakfast like jam, honey etc. to savoury things like cheeses, parma ham, cream cheese & smoked salmon, other smoked fish etc. So I can't see any reason why avocado/banana shouldn't work, go for it :-)

Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I would think you would need a bit more texture in that sandwich. Remove the banana and add some crispy bacon. mmmm bacon... and some leaves.

Advertisement