Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***For sale/trade thread suggestions***

• 10-03-2013 9:26pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello headphones/audio gear members.

I'm going to keep this brief.

We're planning on introducing a "for sale/trade" thread to this forum, the reason being that the kinda stuff we're into is fairly niche in this country and it'll be good for the community to have such a thread.

We're going to need some ground-rules, and it's only fair that we get feedback from the people who use this forum - so have at it.

As a forum user, my idea's are to require an ad be set-up offsite (eg, on ebay, adverts.ie, donedeal) with the "for sale/trade" thread allowing members to alert other forum members of their for sale/trade gear.

Another idea is to restrict usage to established members only, my thinking is to prevent actual retailers/ebay shops from using this place as free advertising, which is a sly move but i'm sure someone's bound to try it.

It'll be a work in progress in any case, but lets try to kick it off on the right foot.

What needs to be made clear to make a "for sale/trade" thread work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I reckon restricting it to ads on Adverts.ie would be a good idea as it would seems to be far better policed than many other similar sites & many users have their Boards ID linked to their Adverts ID so easier to check their reputation if any. Another matter is what sort of brands would be included in the thread. If you search for "headphones" on Adverts the vast majority of ads are for Beats By Dre or similar makes. I'm assuming you'd prefer a thread here to be more about "audiophile" headphones than the style-driven section of the market but should the latter be excluded completely? Just a couple of thoughts.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Good idea. We did something similar in the electronic music forum to alert members to items being sold by other members or just good deals seen over on adverts.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056319696

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Honesty from all the members obvious.

Linked through adverts, fair prices, no low balling. Think this could work really well due to the niche market.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Just a lil bump as I'd like to put this in place in the next couple of weeks.

I'm sure we'll face problems, but they'll be dealt with as they arise :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Please do! It will be an excellent addition as said provided it's monitored and dealt with accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

so, is it possible to link to our own ads on adverts?
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

docentore wrote: »
    so, is it possible to link to our own ads on adverts?
    Thanks.

For now, so long as it's audio related gear - headphones, media players, amps, speakers, parts - you can post a link to your adverts.ie ad in this thread, just add a short description of what your selling and then a link to your ad.

I'll get around to setting up a dedicated thread at some point and will move posts accordingly. With any luck, bearing the spirit of community in mind, no-one's going to take the piss and this thread will actually succeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Hi all,

Recently I've build two cMoysBB here is full story ;)

I'm selling one of them on adverts - link!

We can arrange meet-up in Dublin city-centre for testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

This thread is a great idea. Really hope it works out. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement

Thread is live: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056934798

Any ads already posted in this thread will have to be reposted in the new thread - make sure to read the first post.

Thanks for all the contributions, this thread is now closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement