Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457- changing sponser and new clamp down

Options
  • 10-03-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Any info appreciated please.
    My partner currently sponsered/457 with a labour hire company. He is hired currently to a very large construction company and they are talking of directly sponsering him directly in autumn rather than though labour hire company.

is it a complicated process to change from one sponser to another? does it require more paperwork?

Also with the clamp down on 457s in the summer will it be harder to change companies or more rules? or should it be ok since he already has a 457?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

My partner changed employers in February while on 457-no problems at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

If he changes before 1 July, he should be okay.

If he changes after then the company who will be his new employer may have to prove things like:
    -the position he will be taking is as described on sponsorship application ie he can't be taken on as a blocklayer if he will just be a general labourer
    -they have made attempts to hire an Australian for the role but were unable to find one
    -they are actively hiring and training Australians in the company as a whole

Also, I believe there is talk of limiting the number of 457 visas which can be allocated to each company although I have no idea on limit numbers etc. So if the new company already have alot of sponsored staff, it may affect their ability to take him on direct.

Open to correction on all of the above, that is just my understanding of the changes.

Advertisement