Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying in ardmore/beaumont rd

Options
  • 10-03-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    im thinking about buying a house in ardmore or beaumont rd area and i was wondering how those areas are, any help?
    Txs,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

mmma wrote: »
    Hi,
    im thinking about buying a house in ardmore or beaumont rd area and i was wondering how those areas are, any help?
    Txs,
    M

A decent enough area, I would say. A couple of good schools around, if you have kids, Artane Castle and the Northside shopping centres nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

very nice area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I grew up in Ardmore - it's a great area and I love it. I rent on the other side of the city for now but when I have the means to buy that's where I'll be buying.

Loads of amenities nearby. In terms of grocery shopping you have Artaine Caslte and Omni for Tesco, Northside for Dunnes and Superquinn and now a Lidl in Butterly's.
    There is a cinema in the Omni and another one in Coolock. St Anne's Park is close by for nice walks, as is the Clontarf sea front. Loads of pubs in the area too - some nicer than others but all are grand and safe.
    Beaumont Hospital is obviously really close by too which is handy for emergencies! For non emergencies, Beaumont Park Clinic is a lovely doctor's surgery. Handy for the airport too.
    St Fiachra's is an excellent primary school and that's located bang smack in the middle of Ardmore/Montrose estate. There's a range of secondary schools nearby too; Mercy Beaumont, Maryfield, Dominican's for girls or David's, Aidan's or Ard Scoil Ris for boys - among others. Then, you also have Mount Temple which is mixed.

Any other questions about the estate or the area, just ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Lived there till 2001, moved out to the sticks biggest mistake I ever made. I would have loved to move back but circumstances decided against it......

Really is a great area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

cosmic wrote: »
    I grew up in Ardmore - it's a great area and I love it.

Same here :)

Would love to move back as well. As others have said, you've everything on your doorstep, plus town is ~15 minutes on the bus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mmma

cosmic wrote: »
    I grew up in Ardmore - it's a great area and I love it. I rent on the other side of the city for now but when I have the means to buy that's where I'll be buying.

Loads of amenities nearby. In terms of grocery shopping you have Artaine Caslte and Omni for Tesco, Northside for Dunnes and Superquinn and now a Lidl in Butterly's.
    There is a cinema in the Omni and another one in Coolock. St Anne's Park is close by for nice walks, as is the Clontarf sea front. Loads of pubs in the area too - some nicer than others but all are grand and safe.
    Beaumont Hospital is obviously really close by too which is handy for emergencies! For non emergencies, Beaumont Park Clinic is a lovely doctor's surgery. Handy for the airport too.
    St Fiachra's is an excellent primary school and that's located bang smack in the middle of Ardmore/Montrose estate. There's a range of secondary schools nearby too; Mercy Beaumont, Maryfield, Dominican's for girls or David's, Aidan's or Ard Scoil Ris for boys - among others. Then, you also have Mount Temple which is mixed.

Any other questions about the estate or the area, just ask!

Thanks a mill, plenty of info, great! Im gonna go for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mmma

mmma wrote: »

Thanks a mill, plenty of info, great! Im gonna go for it...

Thank u everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Also, do consider Elm Mount, so much nicer than Ardmore (only joking - the whole area is great!).

Isn't Ardmore responsible for Brian McFadden (he had an unkind nickname which I won't repeat)??

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Sacksian wrote: »
    Also, do consider Elm Mount, so much nicer than Ardmore (only joking - the whole area is great!).

Isn't Ardmore responsible for Brian McFadden (he had an unkind nickname which I won't repeat)??

Na Brian was from Whitethorn. From the area also, and would recommend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement