Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calgary on a Budget

Options
  • 10-03-2013 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Your in Calgary mate? how ya finding it?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

sorry mate i am not in Calgary yet that's why i just wanted to no were you and what are your first impressions of it?:). i leave in 5 weeks on Tuesday so i await the reply's this thread gets:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

mac n cheese dinners.5 for 5 in safeway.other shopping in superstore.eggs milk bread spuds usual craic.steaks are cheap enough.

if yer absolutely completely broke, google calgary foodbank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

if yer absolutely completely broke, google calgary foodbank

Jesus it's time to come home if your hitting up a food bank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭coulagh1986

So heres a general overview of your expenses. Of course everyone is different.

Hostel for the first few weeks, $200 a week. Wicked or HI are your only options. All the ret of the hostels are for the homeless.
    Rent- For a room share 500-700 a month.
    Utilities- $80
    Food- Canadian Superstore, WalMart, Safeway. Safe way is more expensive.
    Everyone spends money on food differently. If you eat properly- $100 a week easy in my case. Thats not including takke aways or any goodies.
    Fags-11 dollars.
    C-Train Pass- $100 a month
    Phones- Whole list of them. Mobilicity/Koodo/Fido/Wind/ 40-50 a month. All depends
    Thats your essentials- $1200 a month. Add $300 if you smoke.
    Anyone in Canada will understand you will spend a lot of time in TimHortons.
    MickeyDs $10, Subway Meal-$13. Pizza delieverd $25 dollars
    Nightlife- Now the fun starts. Nightlife in the suburabs is pretty much non-existent bar a few good spots. You`ll mostly end up in 17 avenue.

Ye can work out for yourself how much you think youll spend but here the general prices
    Pint- 8 dollars including tip. Jagger Bombs are crazy dear. I don`t know what say a vodka and coke is about 7-8 id say.
    Problem now is a taxi-If you live in Suburabs its $30 easy to get home.
    If you leave by 12:15 you can catch the last C-Train home but as Dean Brody say Canadian Girls are a lot of fun and its hard to leave at times.
    Look say $75 dollars on beer and food a night without Taxi. Another $300 a month if you go out once a week.
    You can and I have spent multiples of $75 dollars on nights out if you go on a proper session. $75 is the minimium

Countering the taxi situation by living close to 17ave is however easier said than done based on a: Availability, b: Price

Off course then add on just general every day spending.

Thats`s my opinion and I`m sure someone else will say there spending half what I spend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

\
    Anyone in Canada will understand you will spend a lot of time in TimHortons.
    I suggest just living on timbits :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭coulagh1986

pmcmahon wrote: »
    I suggest just living on timbits :pac:

or mucho buritto. so goooood..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Jesus it's time to come home if your hitting up a food bank :D

id sooner set me head on fire!

Advertisement