Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA student looking at Big 4?

Options
  • 10-03-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,
    I am currently retraining with ACCA and am going to finish my
    Fundimentals and be onto the profesionals after this semester.

I am looking to advance in the career, and right now I have not changed jobsyet. I have an offer from a firm that is not really doing accountancy; I willjust be doing some posting of sales etc. for them and it pays enough that Iwill survive with my mortgage.

I am happy to have this offer, but I am a driven person and want to aim forthe top. I would like to get into the Big 4, but a few items I've seen online saythat they don't hire until you qualify?

First, is anyone able to clarify if they do hire students, as well roughly whatthey would pay... I know it always will vary but an idea.

If I have a shot and can survive on the wage, I would rather hold out and gofor the Big 4 after I pass the fundamentals... but I am not so foolish as tolook past an opportunity.

Thanks very much!

Advertisement