Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 not comgtible with digita camera software

Options
  • 11-03-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

I can't load the software for new Digital Camera - I'm getting a message saying the software does not support the operating system and I should install latest Service Pack to resolve.

I've googled and see there has not been any service pack yet released for Windows 8.

Anyone got any idea how I can get the camera software loaded onto the computer??

Thanks in advance
    Patrick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

patg wrote: »
    I've googled and see there has not been any service pack yet released for Windows 8.

Soon, my friend. Windows Blue has already been released to beta testers. ;)

Seriously, why would you need the camera software? Pull the memory card and stick it into the card reader of your computer. Or go to the camera manufacturer's website and check if they have a newer version.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

patg wrote: »
    I can't load the software for new Digital Camera - I'm getting a message saying the software does not support the operating system and I should install latest Service Pack to resolve.

Anyone got any idea how I can get the camera software loaded onto the computer??

Thanks in advance
    Patrick
    Try right clicking on the software setup file, go to properties>Compatibility and choose vista SP2 or windows 7 SP1, see if it allows the install.

Nick

Advertisement