Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverfest 2013 moving to Market Quarter

• 11-03-2013 1:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear about this?Could be Mardi Gras part 2

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Hurray, more drunks on the streets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Sounds about right for limerick if it's true, lets move the RIVER festival away from the river! That's some good logic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

source wrote: »
    Sounds about right for limerick if it's true, lets move the RIVER festival away from the river! That's some good logic!

Would have to agree with this.

Using the Market Quarter for some Riverfest events would be a great idea, but the biggest events, where possible, should be close to the river imho and if practical those events should be using the river.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Whats wrong with down by The Locke and Granary? y'know, near the river?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I can only guess that the members of the Market Quarter are sponsoring this event in some capacity hence why it is being relocated towards their establishments.

As much as I hate being negative, unfortunately events like this usually end up being infested by the local scum and their wa's, whose sole purpose is to drag the city's name further into the gutter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This is the first I've heard of it.

My first thought was that it could just be moved this year because of the construction being done along the river.
    That board-walk is going to be fantastic when it's done, but it's behind time already.

If Nancy's, Flannery's, The Office, The Library, The Orchard, the Locke, Smyth's, The Icon, Angel Lane, Molly's, Whelan's, the Olde Quarter and the Milk Market itself all got on board the location could work nicely for 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

It's on all over the city. Here's the map:

http://riverfest.ie/map.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

gotasmoke wrote: »

So it's not true then. There certainly seems to be a large variety of events planned. Here's hoping it's a success. On a related note, will the Great Limerick Run route be affected by the works on the quays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

pigtown wrote: »
    So it's not true then. There certainly seems to be a large variety of events planned. Here's hoping it's a success. On a related note, will the Great Limerick Run route be affected by the works on the quays?

Well, if we're led to believe that HMV are a partner then who knows what's true! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

gotasmoke wrote: »

Munster dont play Ulster on May 7th. They played them just before new years. They did however play them May 5th last year.

Also looking at the website they have Limerick playing Mervue in Jackman Park on the Friday...........
    I don't think that maps correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Munster dont play Ulster on May 7th. They played them just before new years. They did however play them May 5th last year.

Also looking at the website they have Limerick playing Mervue in Jackman Park on the Friday...........
    I don't think that maps correct.

Last year's map methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

HMV is sponsoring. With what money exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I hope Whelans bar isnt involved considering the scum they are serving!!War outside it Saturday night

Christ surely they would have the work done for Limericks Biggest festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

thats last years it does say 2012 on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

kilburn wrote: »

oh.... sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

miralize wrote: »
    HMV is sponsoring. With what money exactly?
    No money, just vouchers....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

kilburn wrote: »

The website is for the 2012 festival but the map actually has 3rd - 6th May 2013.
    It's obviously last years map, but for some strange reason they've changed the dates on it instead of putting up a new map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

great to see that the Limerick Coordination office cant even coordinate putting the correct map up well done lads !

Heard the BBQ is taking place in the Market Big Top

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bigpink wrote: »
    Heard the BBQ is taking place in the Market Big Top

Is that the BBQ that's usually by the Locke/Barringtons?

Yes person i asked said that they were trying to move it up there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

The BBQ is happening on Denmark St. Looks like you were right bigpink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Publicity seems very low key this year. Bar a few signs on the roundabouts I've heard nothing on it.

Advertisement