Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sim City PC €22.50

• 11-03-2013 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Got this from HUKD deals

Ok there is a lot of hate for the always on DRM for the new simcity but at the moment you get a free extra game from EA over it no idea what game its going to be but for 22 euros you cant go wrong

You can get Simcity, direct from EA, with Indian pricing (1499 INR, which is €22.50 today according to Google), paying with UK card and playing in English on any server :)

Please don't whine about server problems for the sake of this deal, it's the cheapest way to get the game out there, so it's a good deal (argue the product separately please!)

Instructions:

If you have an existing Origin account, go to https://www.origin.com/au/account#about-me and change your country of residence to India. Now close and reopen your browser.

Then use this link to get the game and pick the 1499 INR simcity

http://store.origin.com/store/easa/en_IN/home/ThemeID.1220200/ccRef.en_IE/ccSet.in

You will need to give a fake india address and phone number but google will do that for you

It will charge your card and will bring you back to the IE store but the game will be in your account

Guys enjoy even with the over the top DRM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

saw this earlier on HUKD earlier too and bought it, great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im curious to know what happens if a person doesnt have broadband but bought the game from a shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Headshot wrote: »
    Im curious to know what happens if a person doesnt have broadband but bought the game from a shop?

You can't play at all as far as I know.

Chavways wrote: »
    You can't play at all as far as I know.

bloody hell

That is extremely unfair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

bloody hell

That is extremely unfair

Exactly. I can't understand why people continue to buy it knowing that they have to be online to play. If people keep buying it, EA will just do the same thing with future games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Out of interest, does the box state that you need an internet conenction to play the game?.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

ArthurG wrote: »
    Out of interest, does the box state that you need an internet conenction to play the game?.

Would have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Don't try this method, it's apparently not working anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

its expired now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I bought my BF3 in Russia and Premium in Mexico using the same method.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Part of the game logic is done on their Servers so there is no way of playing it offline without a huge rewrite of the games main code.
    ArthurG wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jimbojetdriver

Can still get it for €41 here

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/simulation/simcity-limited-edition/

Just use the voucher code beside the Buy Now button. Probably the best price around at the mo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I bought it in Smyths for 40.49 last weekend you get 10% discount off the 44.99 price if you have a smyths loyalty card

I heard its available offline now

lol delighted

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Part of the game logic is done on their Servers so there is no way of playing it offline without a huge rewrite of the games main code.

This claim by maxis has been largely written off as bullshít in the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

wasnt the game released last week? im yet to receive a call off game stop telling me its in, however, im going to wait a while before buying because of all the problems with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm going to wait for the inevitable succumb to pressure and make it offline enabled.

Cloud processing calculations indeed...nice one EA.

If it was this price and offline, I'd be all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Mr_A

It has been hacked to work offline:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21802508

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LaminatorSGL

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Don't try this method, it's apparently not working anymore
    Does this mean the deal is not running anymore or origin invalidates the purchase?

Advertisement