Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the subject of the music in ads...

Options
  • 28-05-2000 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

There's a couple I'm curious about...

First, the emerge ad, what are the lyrics in that one line? I've heard a few...

"How am I sure of my sight"
    "I've got my son at my side"

All sorts of stuff...

Second,

The Ford ad, kinda features the KA and the chiq with the huge big smiley eyes, what's the tune? original for the ad or from somewhere else?

And third, the Guinnes ad, with the babe, and yer man and the oysters etc. What's that song? Live life to the power of Guinness? Uhuh, live life to the power of that byrd biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Lucutus:
    And third, the Guinnes ad, with the babe, and yer man and the oysters etc. What's that song? Live life to the power of Guinness? Uhuh, live life to the power of that byrd biggrin.gif

I will gladly donate pints of the good stuff to anyone who can name that tune, I have been searching for yonks. emails to Guiness yielded nary a reply.

I also want to know who did the music in the Guiness ad that is cut between Dublin and somewhere that looks like Havana or the likes.

And the music from the original Hudson Blue cider ad from years ago, camera flying over mountatins, fast thrashing guitars etc.

Don't want much do I? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Is that tune in the Guiness add not a Portishead song??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

"the emerge ad" is leftfields new song
    and i think its
    "i've got my sword at my side"
    not sure tho
    whats that guinness ad with the
    song with the lyrics
    "horse's,horses,gleamin shinin...etc"
    when they're on horses 8)
    i think its sung by the one who sings "Oh lord won't ye by me a mer sade ese benz"
    but i don't know who she is either
    confused? me three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

The E-merge song is leftfield, i saw the video for it the other day on No Disco. The Guinness ad is Patti Smith, that mad wan. If you were ever a fan of the TV series Millenium, there was a much more effective and eerie use of that song in the series finale, i recommend its checked out, one of the best hours of television ever. If your still wondering who she is, she did backing vocals for one of REM's songs a few years back, E-Bow The Letter. And if you still dont know who she is after that, your beyond redemption, or i cant think of anything else she's done.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

All I know is I helped make the e-merge site biggrin.gif How that's relevant, I don't know, but I thought I'd share it with y'all anyway smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

You talk to Fin O'Kane while 'making' the e-merge site then? wink.gif

*he who knows all*

Lucutus of Borg

Got this in email today...

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your E-Mail.

The music is from a band called Leftfield and the song is called 'Swords'
    taken
    from the album Rhythm and Steath.

Please contact us if you have any other problems.

Regards,
    E-Merge Support.

Lucutus of Borg

No idea who you're on about Tony tongue.gif

I work for ebeon, not Eircell smile.gif I don't know anyone in Eircell (just as well, cause I'd tell them what I'd think of their company). Besides, I did the online shop bit and not the e-merge site directly. It's all related though smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What do penguins eat for desert?

Baked Alaska!

Edit it all you like, its embedded in your psyche now muhahahhahahaha

Evil-DeVore.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHO THAT IS IN THE 'OYSTERS' GUINESS AD BEFORE I GO COMPLETELY FU<KING INSANE!!!!!!!! THANK YOU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Ah yes Guinness. Not only does it taste like what the juice from you Grandfathers dirty socks would taste like, but it also drives you Nucking Futs. Your not alone, Caster, i wish i knew who it was also..

It really isn't Portishaed, get the name for us if it is, PROVE YOURSELF DAMNIT!

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lucutus (edited 15-06-2000).]

And the song Pretence?

I've posted to a few Portishead boards with no replies...

C'mon, need the song name!

Lucutus of Borg

Should be on their first album which is simply called "Portishead". That is all I know:?/

It's not, nor is it on the second album. If it is Portishead then they havent released it yet.

I'm not sure that is Portishead in the ad (Pretence, feel free to tell me I'm wrong, and where you found out), music is too grungy and regular beat, singer does not sound like Beth Gibbons.

I dunno..........I'm sure I heard Portishead singing that song......I've no proof though.... Could have been on MTV Unplugged I heard it or some live thingy.

Still without proof.........I could be wrong

Okay then, so who is it?

GUINNESS 'OYSTER AD' Song? ANYONE?

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

C'mon, someone must know !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i dunno, but theres also that other guinness ad song, where the guy is going down the hill on a bike chased by dogs, and a scottish guy sings "i'd rather".
    does this thread seem unusually wide, or is that just my settings or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

I dunno if it's the oyster one but the Jesus And Mary Chain's song "Just Like Honey" is used in one of the guinness ads.

• Advertisement

It's wide cause Pretence posted the word Portishead so many times without putting a space in. Moderator - step in? tongue.gif

PS:
    I've got no idea about the songs smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone for my blatant disregard for the spacebar, leading to an unnescessary width in the page.

My God strike me down and hopefully somehow we can get through this alive biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks for the heads up Kharn...

The search for the name and performer of the "Guinness 'Oyster Ad' Song" continues...

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

And still no nearer an answer.

Whats the Music from the Guinness ad where the young folk are walking out of the sea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Muuaaahhahaahahaaaaaaaa,(evil laugh)
    I know and im not gonna tell ye!!
    Anyone know the song from that other Guinness ad(i think its Guinness anyway) with
    the man and the woman riding around on horses?

Yes, I know the horses ad song.

Tell me the oyster ad one and I'll tell you the horses ad one.

biggrin.gif

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

U tell me first coz i dont trust u. biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

i dont know either,but this post was started on the 28th of may,and has been resurrected somehow, its alive,its alive!! Some kind of record?(dodgy pun not intended)

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kento-Shiro:

Anyone know the song from that other Guinness ad(i think its Guinness anyway) with
    the man and the woman riding around on horses?
    </font>

Patti Smith, 'Horses'.

• Advertisement

There yah go Kento, now tell us the other one... biggrin.gif

Luc

Advertisement