Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

After exactly 119 hours...the credits have rolled on the Village Quests! Loved the 'final' cutscene.

It's far from over for me!!! The fun continues.........

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well pink rathian is in my ****list.

I went in to moga woods to out down pink rathian in my volvadin suit. It ended in me dead 6 fecking times. Then harvesting honey, blue mushrooms and herbs to get more potions! I almost launched 3ds in the wall... ( format would have been controller it would have flown, xbox360 knows how it is...)
    His swing attack gets almost half of my hp... I really need new gear ffs. Looks like the wroggi + set looks savage bundle. Great skills and armour. Will need to get that set so!

P.s. Pink rathian is a proper dick!!! Grrrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Well pink rathian is in my ****list.

I went in to moga woods to out down pink rathian in my volvadin suit. It ended in me dead 6 fecking times. Then harvesting honey, blue mushrooms and herbs to get more potions! I almost launched 3ds in the wall... ( format would have been controller it would have flown, xbox360 knows how it is...)
    His swing attack gets almost half of my hp... I really need new gear ffs. Looks like the wroggi + set looks savage bundle. Great skills and armour. Will need to get that set so!

P.s. Pink rathian is a proper dick!!! Grrrrrr!

Pink Rathian is a major pain, but don't give up. If you're looking for an upgrade in gear, Volvidon S is what I used up to now, only looking at swapping again now that I'm in G-Rank, but I might just upgrade the defense as Attack Up (L) and Evasion + 2 are pretty nice.

EDIT: And Tremor Res makes Diablos and Uragaan easy.

Well, had good night of hunting. Had to do few resources runs and then captured a good few High level wroggies. Crafted almost full set tonight. Missing 3 bracers+ to craft legs and I am golden. This set will kick ass against Damn high level rathian and pink bastard rathian.

Will have to get 3 more bracers tomorrow. Now need to hit the bed.

Edit: sorry if my post make no sense. Damn android spell checker is dumb as Jaggi!

@ShadowHearth - I finished the village quests using the HR Jaggi set only. Just brought the maximum amount of antidotes each time... Building a HR Wroggi set is a good move though...if you feel it'll make things easier in achieving your goals.

Also...I want you to remember me saying this to you: "Hey ShadowHearth...wait until you get to the 9* Village Quest 'Heaven And Earth'!!!..." Ha ha

@Mr E - Welcome to the hunt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

FLOODY777 wrote: »

Also...I want you to remember me saying this to you: "Hey ShadowHearth...wait until you get to the 9* Village Quest 'Heaven And Earth'!!!..." Ha ha

I had to check my village to see what quest that was.

I already posted about beating it:
    Jaggi is really starting to age

I just "beat" the village quests, but to unlock the last boss I had to do a 8 or 9 star difficulty quest where I had to hunt two fire wyverns at the same time. I grabbed my best bowgun and put on my LR Jaggi Gunner set (my ONLY gunner set), and I shot those monsters DOWN.

Sure I died twice because fireballs at that level were an insta-kill against me, but I still passed the quest. Don't underestimate the usefulness of Jaggi gear! As long as you're not getting hit dead-on by fireballs, Jaggi gear has great skills.

Clearly I was running the top tier skillset of "Attack up Large", "Highly Flammable" and "Oh dear god stop hurting me"

Edit instead of doublepost: I am having serious money troubles though. If I don't grow nulberries, I go broke. If I don't grow honey I run out of mega potions and catalysts (immunisers, Dash juices, and buff drugs) and I can't go on quests with my preferred compliment of items.

I'm gonna run some arenas to let my farm advance, but being at the point in the game where you can easily pay 50k for one piece of gear, and can only get 20k for 10 days of hard farm labour is rough.

Second edit: Jaysus. If someone wants to try the most challenging thing I've encountered yet, attempt the Stygian Zinogre G-Rank arena using the Heavy Bowgun they give you. Massive deviation. Clips of only 1 shot per good bullet, meaning it looks like you have to crouchfire versus an enemy that kills you the second you stop moving.

I'm going to try it again because even arena failure advances your farm forward, but I'm honestly not sure this is even possible....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Edit instead of doublepost: I am having serious money troubles though. If I don't grow nulberries, I go broke. If I don't grow honey I run out of mega potions and catalysts (immunisers, Dash juices, and buff drugs) and I can't go on quests with my preferred compliment of items.

I'm gonna run some arenas to let my farm advance, but being at the point in the game where you can easily pay 50k for one piece of gear, and can only get 20k for 10 days of hard farm labour is rough.
    Go on a
    Goldbeard Ceadeus
    quest and sell all the rewards, should get you a decent amount of money.

EDIT: Also, the Kelbi Horn quest is great for advancing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Does the Nintendo 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate pre-saved have less features than if you were to buy a 3DS and Monster Hunter Seperately?

Been a big fan and playing since the first one, but haven't touched on it since Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, but possibility of online makes it alot more appealing for me to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

the 3DS lets you buy retail games off the eShop and download them to the SD. The Bundled games that ship with the 3DS are those eShop versions. You can move saves back and forth from Cart versions to Download versions using a tool, which suggests they should be functionally identical to the cart, though loading times may vary. I'm playing the download version and no one has mentioned anything so far that I haven't been able to do myself. Except maybe beat a Rathian - but I'm working on my armour for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Cool so there is no difference? Was thinking of getting the Monster Hunter 3DS Bundle rather than seperate.

Is it also correct if you are playing a 3DS Version of the game you can play with WII U Monster Hunter players also?

• Advertisement

Go on a
    Goldbeard Ceadeus
    quest and sell all the rewards, should get you a decent amount of money.

EDIT: Also, the Kelbi Horn quest is great for advancing time.

I'll try
    Goldy
    . I only did the Kelbi horn quest at the beginning to get the fishing numbers to try (and fail) to confirm my charm table. I think it's all the loading times that bother me.

It's weird that a fiddly few minutes with base-camp boxes and quest rewards feels more grindy to me than 25 minutes at a failed arena quest.

Did anyone else try to solo the Stygian HBG arena I was talking about?

I'm not sure I have seen a more purposefully bad gearset/inventory on an arena quest previously.

The 3DS version can connect locally to other 3DSes or to the internet via a WiiU.
    You cannot play online on both the 3DS and the WiiU it's connected to.
    The WiiU runs a packet forwarder to act as an online gateway for the 3DS
    The WiiU *must* have a wired connection to your router, via the Wii/WiiU USB LAN adapter or it won't allow you to connect. Wireless is not supported. (Edit - obviously the connection from WiiU to 3DS is wireless, the "Wireless not supported" comment refers to the WiiU's connection to the internet only)

You can also play 3x3DS + 1 WiiU Local play I think.

In my opinion loading times on 3ds are quite good. I am playing it from sd card though. I do not know which one would be better.
    I remember ps vita loading times. Those are shocking.

By the way, did Wii u got update to play MH3 off screen? If yes, how is it? Can you still play multiplayer on controller too?

By the way, did Wii u got update to play MH3 off screen? If yes, how is it? Can you still play multiplayer on controller too?

Yes to all your questions

Yes to all your questions

How is it?

YES!

Okay.... :)

Absolutely!

Well, completed my wrogi+ . love it. Rathian+ got his arse kicked and oh my how handy it is to have poison resistance!!! Such an armour upgrade made my life so much easier.
    I might make jaggi+ set too. I will see.

What I really want help on now lads: bow guns. Those get elemental effect from bullets? Higher level ammo is better I guess? How does damage changes? Reload and recoil is self explanatory, but what is the third stat?
    What's the story with gunner sets? They don't have skills? So you just look at defence stats they got? Any recommendation ?
    I read that you can get monster parts broken off with bow guns too. I need flintstone and by the looks of it its the best way to get it. So when I got flintstone I can get hammer done and break off some lagiacrus horns!

Sorry Shadowhearth, Bowgunning is like an entirely different game unto itself. Too much information to condense. You're going to have to spread your research wings.

I'll get you started though.

I personally found this old Tri topic very helpful (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943655-monster-hunter-tri/58491254) when I was first bowgunning.; just Ctrl+F for "(GUNSGUNSGUNS)" and get to reading.

The topic also links Vampirecosmonaut's FAQs, who pretty much wrote the book on bowgunning.

Only big difference between TRI gunning and 3U gunning that I've seen is that in 3U you buy guns of two different classes, in TRI you bought gun pieces, and assembled them yourself into three different classes. So you're going to see the individual guns discussed as "Barrel/Stock/Frame". Ignore only that aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Mr E wrote: »
    OK I started playing at midnight last night in bed and had to stop at 3am when my battery light started blinking. Good sign, I think. :)

Well, you guys have sold me on my next game after finishing Fire Emblem :) Which do you recommend getting, the 3DS or WiiU version?

Well, you guys have sold me on my next game after finishing Fire Emblem :) Which do you recommend getting, the 3DS or WiiU version?

It's same game, so 3DS if you value portability or Wii U if you value online multiplayer.

• Advertisement

After a few days of resource gathering, my new suit of Qurupeco armour is good to go. It's stupid looking and delivers no useful skills, but as I only bothered looking at these things after I'd bought it I'm not going to fret. There might be a section of the game later on where I need to sell pan pipes CDs in a moga street market and I'll be glad of it. That's not important right now.

I bagged my first Rathian. She did knock me down once but not before I'd made her dribble and limp like Heather Mills chasing a diet frozen soy milk van. Not too bad for a first date - I held my own.

Feels good to be climbing the food chain again. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to kill her again before bedtime

Got the full HR Volvidon armour today... Wanted it in addition to the HR Jaggi set that I solely used to 'beat' the village quests. Like the skills very much and having proper fire resistance. Found an 'Attack +6' charm too! Was therefore able to gem for 'Attack Up Large'...and 'Evasion +2'. I've also upgraded the armour as far as possible (at this point in the game). Tried it in battle...and it's amazing! Wish I'd given myself the option of using it earlier. I'll have my Circle Pad Pro (XL) in the next few days. Really looking forward to having dual stick control :-)

Made jaggi + gunner set today and bunny heavy bowgun. I have to say bowgun are not for me. Way to much hassle. I can carve my own name in monster with long sword by the time I get good aim with bowgun.

Got needed Flintstone today too anyway. So I will be doing that fire hammer tomorrow. Then lagiacrus horns next!

I'll settle for Lagiacrus anything right now. Bugger won't leave the water and is destroying me. What bothers me most is that I'm leaving a lot of rips in his hide which might make my future armour look less kck-kck.

Edit: If at first you don't succeed, remember to eat before hunting and try again.. . NEXT!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Geckolimus

You guys seem to progress fast! I am still in low rank village... slowly building up my full range of SnS weaponry. Got one sword for each element and ailment! By the way, one question. What happens when you get AuL on the full Jaggi set and then have a felyne meal with the 'attack +' bonus? Do they stack?

Regards
    Gecko

Geckolimus wrote: »
    By the way, one question. What happens when you get AuL on the full Jaggi set and then have a felyne meal with the 'attack +' bonus? Do they stack?

Regards
    Gecko

Yes!

What stacks and what doesn't is a bit random, but check out this totally sexy chart for TRI that is still applicable, that I think explains it all very well (if I do say so myself)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/943655-monster-hunter-tri/faqs/62063

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Akingbade

Hey guys, just wondering.
    Does the 3ds version of mh3u get certain "events" where you fight certain bosses or similar, like MH3 on wii had ?

Akingbade wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering.
    Does the 3ds version of mh3u get certain "events" where you fight certain bosses or similar, like MH3 on wii had ?

Both versions do, but instead of cycling 5-ish quests every 3-ish days, the events are released only once to the public, from which point they can be downloaded permanently to your SD card and played at your convenience.

As well as the quests; you get new titles and backgrounds for your Guild Card that other players can see, but there isn't anything like the Wii's "Festival of Fear" where the town changed for a certain duration while Jhen Moran was in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Akingbade

Both versions do, but instead of cycling 5-ish quests every 3-ish days, the events are released only once to the public, from which point they can be downloaded permanently to your SD card and played at your convenience.

As well as the quests; you get new titles and backgrounds for your Guild Card that other players can see, but there isn't anything like the Wii's "Festival of Fear" where the town changed for a certain duration while Jhen Moran was in town.

Alright, thanks for the information.
    Just one more thing, is there a calender showing period they will be released on ?

• Advertisement

I beat G*2, got the Hunter Rank Cap lifted, and instantly went from HR7, to HR8 then to HR29.

I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do now. There's clearly a bucketload of content left, but I've hit all the immediate goals I was aiming for.

Maybe I should put the damn game down for a bit and do something else, haha.

Did anyone see this? I thought it was pretty awesome

On the topic of Monster Hunter musics, my favourite song that didn't make it into MH3U is this one, the arena theme from Freedom Unite. And not just because I'm an arena whore, I think it's a great song.

Akingbade wrote: »
    Alright, thanks for the information.
    Just one more thing, is there a calender showing period they will be released on ?

Nah but a moderator on the Capcom forums updates this topic when new event quests are released (http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/go/thread/view/7451/29831657/mh3u-download-events-updated-5713)

Was it clear from the chart btw how the Attack up armourskills (and even the powercharm/powertalon) massively overshadow the drug bonuses?

Advertisement