Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sure all you need then is the referral code, your laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm not sure if my NNID is truly mine, or if I can only use it on my friend's Wii U.

Regardless if anyone wants to add me it's: Deadeyez

If by gone you mean nicked, do the following :
    Report it stolen to the Gardaí (lost will do, but it takes longer to sort stuff out)
    if you have the box it came in, include the serial number in the report
    If reported stolen, get a crime report number
    Contact Nintendo
    Give them the serial of the new console and the lost console
    After a lot of messing about they may need you to send the console in but they can transfer the old eShop account to the new handset, which would include MH3 if it was a download copy

It's slow but cheaper than buying the games again.
    Referral code is much quicker, i guess :)
    Alas, I've given mine away already. There's a thread in the Nintendo forum, lots of asking, no so much referring going on, but might as well get on the list and offer your tale of woe.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Hi, if anybody has the 'Club Nintendo Codes' (The Red leaflet in the box) from any of these games I would appreciate if you could pass them along to me in a PM. The games are as follows:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS version)

Fire Emblem: Awakening

LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Also got MH2U on the Wii U. Very enjoyable, much more colourful and bright compared to the 3DS version from what I've seen. And the controls are better due to not needing a touch screen to move the camera or the circle pad pro which is only for the Original 3DS. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Also got MH2U on the Wii U. Very enjoyable, much more colourful and bright compared to the 3DS version from what I've seen. And the controls are better due to not needing a touch screen to move the camera or the circle pad pro which is only for the Original 3DS. :/

There is a circle pad pro for the XL. The sole reason the CCP exists is because of MH. The XL one was released alongside MH3U.

• Advertisement

Sole reason? *Cough*ResidentEvilRevelationsMetalGearSolidandKidIcarus*Cough*

Banjo wrote: »

Between the actual d-pad, l-targetting and virtual d-pad, I feel like Monster Hunter is a lot more playable without the CPP than say, Resident Evil (definitely feel like I'm slumming it without it in that game).

I absolutely PREFER to play MH with CPP, but they gave you a boatload of options to go without if need be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Banjo wrote: »

Those games can use it, but I've read somewhere that MH is why it exists, because it's a system seller in Japan. And the XL one came out the same day as MH3U.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

So I've run into a brick wall with MH3U and it's not even any perceived difficulty level, I just have so many games to play thanks to the so many games promotion that I can't choose MH over all my shiny new time-sinks. Would anybody be interested in meeting up in a cafe or something for some multiplayer monster hunting? I figure it's the only way to get me back into it right now :p

jaydoxx wrote: »
    Would anybody be interested in meeting up in a cafe or something for some multiplayer monster hunting? I figure it's the only way to get me back into it right now :p

I always am, but only in Dublin city. Your profile says you live in Offaly I think?

• Advertisement

I always am, but only in Dublin city. Your profile says you live in Offaly I think?

Oh no I live in near Dublin city centre, I'm just representing the midlands with my location :pac:

Oh no I live in near Dublin city centre, I'm just representing the midlands with my location :pac:

I'm always down for huntan dem monstas!

I'd be more than happy to meet at a City Centre café this Saturday if anyone is interested!

Yeah I'm free saturday anytime before 5, do you have a preference regarding cafés?

Yeah I'm free saturday anytime before 5, do you have a preference regarding cafés?

No preference on my end, I'm easy.

I believe last time this was done we were at the Starbucks on Westmoreland st because it has a quiet downstairs and some plugs, but on the flipside it gets pretty cold down there.

Feel free to chuck me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Quick question guys, I'm thinking of getting the 3DS XL Bundle with Monster Hunter. Should I get a bigger SD card and will I be able to put save data from the digital copy onto the SD Card? Just wondering for future reference if I get a Wii U down the line I can transfer the save data across.

Thanks!

Quick question guys, I'm thinking of getting the 3DS XL Bundle with Monster Hunter. Should I get a bigger SD card and will I be able to put save data from the digital copy onto the SD Card? Just wondering for future reference if I get a Wii U down the line I can transfer the save data across.

Thanks!

Not totally sure I understand your exact question, so I'm gonna answer the different questions I see here

(1) Monster Hunter XL bundle looks solid

(2) Bigger SD card is always better than smaller one. What size one is included in the bundle?

(3) You can transfer your MH save wirelessly between the 3DS and the Wii U, it doesn't have to be via physically moving it on an SD card (In fact, I don't think you CAN do it in the way you're describing)

(4) You can transfer your save data if you obtain a Wii U down the line. Even if you just temporarily borrow it from someone else. Just make your own profile on the Wii U represented by your own Mii and everything should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thanks!

When you buy that bundle, you get monster Hunter on 4gb sd card. Them you can put that ad card in to pc, copy the whole monster Hunter folder and put it on bigger SD card. That's it.

Keep in mind, when you buy that bundle, you don't get charger.

I nneed to get back to monster Hunter ffs. I am really addicted to fire emblem at the moment though... In fairness, 3ds xl with fire emblem and monster Hunter 3 is Tue best gaming bargain in the universe. Hundreds of hundreds play hours.

Thanks for the answer guys, @Uber I think your point number 3 answered my query nicely ;)

My 3DS XL with Monster Hunter Bundle arrived today :D

Can't wait to give it a shot later

So i'v been trying to play this when I can. I haven't done any quests really but when you fix up the encampment in the playworld map the chief's son says to go visit the 'Quest Girl' can anyone tell me who it is? I'v looked all over and unless I'm blind as bat I can't find her.

I did do a guild quest to tour the area and I killed what I thought were Jaggi's? (I got Jaggi hide from them). Is there a bigger Jaggi?

I also killed a major monster but can't remember it's name. It sorta looks a mix between a mole and a skunk or something with huge claws (it's blue I think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Geckolimus

So i'v been trying to play this when I can. I haven't done any quests really but when you fix up the encampment in the playworld map the chief's son says to go visit the 'Quest Girl' can anyone tell me who it is? I'v looked all over and unless I'm blind as bat I can't find her.

I did do a guild quest to tour the area and I killed what I thought were Jaggi's? (I got Jaggi hide from them). Is there a bigger Jaggi?

I also killed a major monster but can't remember it's name. It sorta looks a mix between a mole and a skunk or something with huge claws (it's blue I think).

Hiya! The quest girl is sitting behind a counter which looks like a hut in the middle of the main village. She is diagonally across the Chief's son and she wears a red hat. Hard to miss her to be honest.... :) Also another tip as to where to go: just look at the bottom screen of your 3DS xL. The major landmarks where you need to go will have a yellow bubble with a '....' sign to indicate to you that you need to speak to someone at that area.

Enjoy the game!

Regards
    Gecko

I thought that was her but anytime I talk to her she doesn't give me any quests or any more info. She just mentions how good it would be for people to start back hunting again and I'm like " Damnit I WANT to hunt! " :p. Do I have to do anything else to trigger it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Geckolimus

I thought that was her but anytime I talk to her she doesn't give me any quests or any more info. She just mentions how good it would be for people to start back hunting again and I'm like " Damnit I WANT to hunt! " :p. Do I have to do anything else to trigger it?

I'm afraid I can't recall specifically but have you turn any village request to the chief's son yet? Also speak to the chief himself. Try looking at your bottom screen to check out the yellow bubbles.

Yep I'v given the chief's son resources and all he talks about is random crap but nothing to indicate anything. Also there are no yellow bubbles on the bottom screen so no one has anything to say or update with :(

It's hard for someone like me so many hundreds of hours in to remember the first hour of the game, haha.

But the following might be useful to you. To explain it without going into too much detail about underlying mechanics: when the game first came out a lot of people were interested in the fastest way to get to unlocking the fishing fleet in the village, which is kinda where the "real" game starts and the tutorials are done. A lot of these were returning players of MH Tri on the Wii who didn't need to do the same tutorial twice.

According to a Japanese player, the below method can be done in about 45 mins from file creation to fishing fleet, so I'll just paste in what another dude translated
    Koyorimon wrote:

Character making (1min)

Movie (Approximately 3min) (either don't skip it or you can't skip it)

Talk with the elder (0.5min) (ignore the other NPCs, it's okay to do so)

Go to the forest and get 1 raw meat, then go to the camp and give the meat to the son (3min)
    (From room 1 go to room 2 and get 1 raw meat->go to base camp and give the meat->go to room 2-> then room 1->then return to village)

Talk to the son and then select the option to renovate the base camp (1min)
    (You can get 5000 resource points as download content)
    Note; The Wii U version doesn't have a 5000 resource point download content, so you have to go to the forest. One jaggi is 5 points. The hunting ship's request includes about 90 points.)

Do the smith's item delivery request- it's 1 iron ore (3min)
    (The smith gives you a pick. Go from Moga Forest room 1->3->4 to mine, then->6->5->2->1->return to village)

Talk to the elder to get manbo (the wide blue angelfish looking thing) hunting request (5min)
    (Room 1->3->7->8->11, kill manbo with the harpoon (2 strikes), ->climb the vines back to room 8->3->1->return to village)

Talk to the elder, then talk to the guild receptionest and take the quest (2~5min)
    (Deliver 3 unique (I think it's unique) mushrooms. Base camp->to room 2. If you don't get the three mushrooms right away, gather some meat and honey while you wait for the gathering points to respawn) (It doesn't say, but I assume complete the quest by bringing the items to the red chest in the base camp.)

Clear the guts collecting mission to lift the ban on the hunting boat (5~10min)
    (Deliver 3 monster guts. From base camp->take the secret path to->room 9->10->11 (Entering 11 triggers the lagia event.)->after going back to room 10, after about 1minute, lagiacrus will come to map 10. If you still don't have the 3 guts, you can get the rest in room 11->once you have the guts, go back to base camp to deliver them. You can also die to lagia to go to base camp easier.)

Talk to the fleet leader, then the sassy fishmongress to send the ship to "fishing - moga shore" (1min)

Capcom are doing a series of "Meet the Monster videos" where they get in guests to quickly talk about their favourite monsters.

This week's video was about Deviljho, and their guest was.... me

With apparently the worse headset microphone, in the world!

So I am back in business of getting my tits twisted off! :pac:

I bought Wii U with Monster hunter and starting everything from a scratch. Managed to get full Jaggi armour so far and tried to do Port solo HR1 stuff...
    I went for Qurupeco quest, which was a mistake. Some time in to fight I got Rathian to land on my arse. Whole fight was just a Cat and mouse game lol. After a good few ****!, all potions used out and 2 minutes until the end I killed fecker! So I learned the hard way, that just because it says SOLO, does not mean it scales it down to 1 player. :pac:

I want to try online, but I am finding hard time finding games I could join. Looks like no one doing HR1 stuff at all. Any tips with online lads? Or I better do more Village stuff and get myself up so I can solo some of the HR1 stuff to get to HR2.

I want to try online, but I am finding hard time finding games I could join. Looks like no one doing HR1 stuff at all. Any tips with online lads? Or I better do more Village stuff and get myself up so I can solo some of the HR1 stuff to get to HR2.

Odd that you would post this now as I've gotten a friend of mine into the early MH AND ALSO coincidentally gotten a loan of a Wii U from a friend of mine who's moving flats and doesn't want it back until they get their internet set up.

So I've been running password protected "low rank gear only" rooms: Either genuinely low rank players only, or HR Eleventy Billion players willing to drop down to low rank gear. Doing this we've gotten my friend from HR1 to HR3 (high rank). We've taken a little break to allow him to polish off more of the village himself before we do high rank stuff.

Doing all the village quests yourself gives you a much better file/resources for tackling online stuff, also a lot of the most useful monster armours (Jaggi, Wroggi) aren't accessible in LR Multiplayer

Let me know if you'ld like to join the room (we generally talk on skype for ease of communication.

Odd that you would post this now as I've gotten a friend of mine into the early MH AND ALSO coincidentally gotten a loan of a Wii U from a friend of mine who's moving flats and doesn't want it back until they get their internet set up.

So I've been running password protected "low rank gear only" rooms: Either genuinely low rank players only, or HR Eleventy Billion players willing to drop down to low rank gear. Doing this we've gotten my friend from HR1 to HR3 (high rank). We've taken a little break to allow him to polish off more of the village himself before we do high rank stuff.

Doing all the village quests yourself gives you a much better file/resources for tackling online stuff, also a lot of the most useful monster armours (Jaggi, Wroggi) aren't accessible in LR Multiplayer

Let me know if you'ld like to join the room (we generally talk on skype for ease of communication.

Oh I will want to have a game with you lads. Just say when you getting things rolling next. How do you use skype? does Wii U got skype? I though you can use mic on tablet too.

• Advertisement

Oh I will want to have a game with you lads. Just say when you getting things rolling next. How do you use skype? does Wii U got skype? I though you can use mic on tablet too.

What times are you available to play?

We generally run skype on our phones, as the sound quality is a lot higher than the gamepad chat.

Advertisement