Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What times are you available to play?

We generally run skype on our phones, as the sound quality is a lot higher than the gamepad chat.

Well, I play a bit from 19:00 from monday to wensday and then at random times during the week.

You can just pm me or post here when you got party going on. Ill get skype too on my phone.

I just had a good session. Managed to kill Gobul just now. So I am moving in to 4 star quests in village.

So far my too top weapons are lance and switch axe, the later being my main weapon. The list of sets I want to get is growing fast. I will need to get that Boggi set and Barroth set for my lance build.

I will focus tomorrow on cleaning up the rest of 2 and 3 star trash quests before ocd kills me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I just had a good session. Managed to kill Gobul just now. So I am moving in to 4 star quests in village.

So far my too top weapons are lance and switch axe, the later being my main weapon. The list of sets I want to get is growing fast. I will need to get that Boggi set and Barroth set for my lance build.

I will focus tomorrow on cleaning up the rest of 2 and 3 star trash quests before ocd kills me. :pac:

That's cool. I'm sure I mention it a million times in this topic but I think full Jaggi blademaster (with Gunner cap) and full Wroggi blademaster are the two best low rank armours with different uses. I don't think you need more than them until much later.

I too made the Barroth armour thinking it'd be great, but IIRC it has Attack up S, Defense up S and Guard.

That seems amazing, until you realise that that + Attack Decorations have - Defense, and vice versa, so you can't add to either ability without losing the other.

Polishing off your village quests is a great idea.

How much of the LR port have you done?

That's cool. I'm sure I mention it a million times in this topic but I think full Jaggi blademaster (with Gunner cap) and full Wroggi blademaster are the two best low rank armours with different uses. I don't think you need more than them until much later.

I too made the Barroth armour thinking it'd be great, but IIRC it has Attack up S, Defense up S and Guard.

That seems amazing, until you realise that that + Attack Decorations have - Defense, and vice versa, so you can't add to either ability without losing the other.

Polishing off your village quests is a great idea.

How much of the LR port have you done?

Yip, Jaggi is the fantastic set. Wroggi was actually the set I was thinking about too. Will need to get that asap.

You right on Barroth set, I forgot about that. That is sort of **** up of the set :(. Still though, stats that it gives still very nice for lancer even if you can't pimp up Def or attack more.

I have done only that one quest from port that I was talking about before. I barely made it in my basic Jaggi and starter sword and shield lol. It was clearly a nod to me to get better gear if I want to solo hr1. I can't get any online hr1 games out there :(.
    I am sticking with village for now until I can upgrade my weapons and armour.
    By the way, if people start a different level online quest can I still join it when I am only hr1?

Yip, Jaggi is the fantastic set. Wroggi was actually the set I was thinking about too. Will need to get that asap.

You right on Barroth set, I forgot about that. That is sort of **** up of the set :(. Still though, stats that it gives still very nice for lancer even if you can't pimp up Def or attack more.

I have done only that one quest from port that I was talking about before. I barely made it in my basic Jaggi and starter sword and shield lol. It was clearly a nod to me to get better gear if I want to solo hr1. I can't get any online hr1 games out there :(.
    I am sticking with village for now until I can upgrade my weapons and armour.
    By the way, if people start a different level online quest can I still join it when I am only hr1?

There is no multiplayer port quest to fight LR Wroggi, so if you want to make that set (and you should), you're gonna have to solo it in the village.

I ended up using Barroth in exactly one quest ever iirc, because my primary set at the time was -20 versus water and I was getting owned by a monster who spams unblockable water jets. I swapped to Barroth for that quest only (since it is neutral to water) and I took less damage. Other than that it was a waste of parts and time.

What are your current best weapons, armour and total defense? Specific names please.

What I tend to do when playing with new people is make the gear restriction for the room whatever the least well equipped person's gear is.

So for example, while playing with my friend and getting him from HR1 to HR3 the restrictions were:
    • No weapon higher than Rare 2
    • 150 defense or lower
    • No charms or talons

We had some pretty top class players join the room, say "Hmm I don't have any armour that low" and then running around naked swinging the worst weapons in the game :pac:

It was good fun!

• Advertisement

There is no multiplayer port quest to fight LR Wroggi, so if you want to make that set (and you should), you're gonna have to solo it in the village.

I ended up using Barroth in exactly one quest ever iirc, because my primary set at the time was -20 versus water and I was getting owned by a monster who spams unblockable water jets. I swapped to Barroth for that quest only (since it is neutral to water) and I took less damage. Other than that it was a waste of parts and time.

What are your current best weapons, armour and total defense? Specific names please.

What I tend to do when playing with new people is make the gear restriction for the room whatever the least well equipped person's gear is.

So for example, while playing with my friend and getting him from HR1 to HR3 the restrictions were:
    • No weapon higher than Rare 2
    • 150 defense or lower
    • No charms or talons

We had some pretty top class players join the room, say "Hmm I don't have any armour that low" and then running around naked swinging the worst weapons in the game :pac:

It was good fun!

Ill get the list for you later, but its pretty much bog standard stuff.

Full Jaggi set with upgrades to level 3 and no gems in. Weapon is a Switch axe with fire damage, upgraded one, looks like Qurupeco design/skin. Thats all I got so far.

Are there actually quest restriction on gear etc? Or you going to do restriction yourself, so we would not get high level people steam rolling?

Ill get the list for you later, but its pretty much bog standard stuff.

Full Jaggi set with upgrades to level 3 and no gems in. Weapon is a Switch axe with fire damage, upgraded one, looks like Qurupeco design/skin. Thats all I got so far.

Are there actually quest restriction on gear etc? Or you going to do restriction yourself, so we would not get high level people steam rolling?

I think the Peco switch-axe is rare 2 or 3, so I imagine you and my friend are exactly equal in terms of gear.

The restrictions are entirely self-imposed. I just password lock the room and only allow people in if they agree to the terms and conditions.

If I (or any player who has played as much as me) wore our best kit, we'd one-shot every monster at HR1/2. That wouldn't be fun for anyone.

So last night was awesome! :D some crack playing with you ( baal) and your buddy. We actually killed a ton of monsters too. It's a shame I had to go. :(

You were right about in game mic. It's horrible, Skype from now on!

What was the name of that forum? I need more knowledge! :D

So last night was awesome! :D some crack playing with you ( baal) and your buddy. We actually killed a ton of monsters too. It's a shame I had to go. :(

You were right about in game mic. It's horrible, Skype from now on!

What was the name of that forum? I need more knowledge! :D

Glad you enjoyed it.

Forum is Capcom Unity, here's a link specifically to the topic I posted about running rooms for low HR players.

Plenty of people there can give much better/more varied advice than me. Lots of good posts in the archives.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Forum is Capcom Unity, here's a link specifically to the topic I posted about running rooms for low HR players.

Plenty of people there can give much better/more varied advice than me. Lots of good posts in the archives.

Cheers m8. This is going to be my new home for MH3 as Boardsies clearly cant manage something as awesome as MH3! :pac:

• Advertisement

Boardsies clearly cant manage something as awesome as MH3! :pac:

Get on my level nerds!

Get on my level nerds!

I was clearly not talking about you, show off! :D

I'll be playing tonight and doing some village quests.

We might as well rename this thread: "Baals and shadowhearths private chat" :pac:

Anyway, had a good session last night again. A clean up and to do evening.
    Cleaned up all trash quests in 2 and 3 star village tiers. Did good few quests in 4 stars tier. Killed urgent lagiacrus and opened up tier 5. I am getting there!
    After that I sorted my full Wroggi set and did few Moga woods killings for points, so I could improve my farm a bit.

Ah, happy days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

you get a good deal on the wiiU in the end SH?

Wossack wrote: »
    you get a good deal on the wiiU in the end SH?

Well, good deal is a relative term. I got a good deal in my own eye, because I got what I wanted, not what could I get.

I got that Monster hunter 3 wii u bundle, which comes with pro controller and Mariokart 8. Plus pikmin as a free game. It was 340 eu in total.
    You might get better deals out there, but as I said, I got 100% what I wanted.

We might as well rename this thread: "Baals and shadowhearths private chat" :pac:

Anyway, had a good session last night again. A clean up and to do evening.
    Cleaned up all trash quests in 2 and 3 star village tiers. Did good few quests in 4 stars tier. Killed urgent lagiacrus and opened up tier 5. I am getting there!
    After that I sorted my full Wroggi set and did few Moga woods killings for points, so I could improve my farm a bit.

Ah, happy days! :D

Did you add any jewels to your Jaggi armour to bring it up to Attack Medium and Negate Stun though? Huh?

Wroggi's a solid armourset, I've probably said it a hundred times, but since it has a slot in each of the armour pieces, you can drop a "Perception +2" into each. This will activate the skill Capture Guru, which lets you know when a monster is capturable by having their paintball dot flash on the mini-map.

Then from that point you can just pick your armours as:

If it sets you on fire, poisons you, or you need to capture it: Wroggi

Otherwise: Jaggi for lovely attack power boost and quicker kill

Did you add any jewels to your Jaggi armour to bring it up to Attack Medium and Negate Stun though? Huh?

Wroggi's a solid armourset, I've probably said it a hundred times, but since it has a slot in each of the armour pieces, you can drop a "Perception +2" into each. This will activate the skill Capture Guru, which lets you know when a monster is capturable by having their paintball dot flash on the mini-map.

Then from that point you can just pick your armours as:

If it sets you on fire, poisons you, or you need to capture it: Wroggi

Otherwise: Jaggi for lovely attack power boost and quicker kill

Yup, I finally got might seed and farmed the living bejaysus out of it. So I put up attack to medium now.
    Perception thing for Wroggi set something I did not though off, but it's something I will do 100% now.

Advertisement