Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Thought I seen the 3DSXL bundle of this in the display case in gamestop in Galway for €210, thought it was a cracking price for a XL and new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

GTR63 wrote: »
    Thought I seen the 3DSXL bundle of this in the display case in gamestop in Galway for €210, thought it was a cracking price for a XL and new game.

Was it 3ds xl and monster hunter bundle? I might check it tomorrow. Might as well trade in my 3ds, add voucher and get XL with monster hunter.

Was it 3ds xl and monster hunter bundle? I might check it tomorrow. Might as well trade in my 3ds, add voucher and get XL with monster hunter.

Yeah it was the 3DSXL model. Think its 230 in Smyths, thought I remembered seeing that when I was looking at the Fire Emblem bundle prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The game comes on a 4gb memory card synched to the console, it won't work on any other, not sure what happens if you transfer the profile to another though.

The game comes on a 4gb memory card synched to the console, it won't work on any other, not sure what happens if you transfer the profile to another though.

Wow wow wow. Wtf? I got 8gb sd card that I plan on using. Does that mean I am stuck with 4gb memory card?! I already called local GameStop and they got this bundle put away for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Wow wow wow. Wtf? I got 8gb sd card that I plan on using. Does that mean I am stuck with 4gb memory card?! I already called local GameStop and they got this bundle put away for me.

I'm pretty positive you can redownload preinstalled games onto the same system from the eshop so you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I'm pretty positive you can redownload preinstalled games onto the same system from the eshop so you should be fine.

Yeah you don't have to worry. I got the white XL with MK7 pre-installed, and moved everything to a 32GB card a couple of months ago, no problemo. :)

Yeah you don't have to worry. I got the white XL with MK7 pre-installed, and moved everything to a 32GB card a couple of months ago, no problemo. :)

How do you do the move?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

How do you do the move?

Real easy, all you need to do is copy everything straight from one card to the other. You just need a computer and a SD card reader, or a computer with an integrated SD slot. Copy the contents of the old card to a folder, insert the new card, and then copy the folder contents into that one. Then put the new card into the 3ds while its off, and voila you're all set. :)

Real easy, all you need to do is copy everything straight from one card to the other. You just need a computer and a SD card reader, or a computer with an integrated SD slot. Copy the contents of the old card to a folder, insert the new card, and then copy the folder contents into that one. Then put the new card into the 3ds while its off, and voila you're all set. :)

cheers bud. will have to do that so.

Anyway. I am back home with brand new spanking 3ds XL monster hunter one. :P

I cancelled my amazon MH3, but i still needed to order XL padpro! And it is long weekend ! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

cheers bud. will have to do that so.

I cancelled my amazon MH3, but i still needed to order XL padpro! And it is long weekend ! :mad:

Download the Fire Emblem demo to keep you entertained for a bit.

Doing the copy thing. Do game save files are kept on games themselfs,right? I tried to search the sd card, but could not find a thing...

Anyway, capcom and Nintendo should love me now! Upgraded my 3ds for MH only! The other game I play is resident evil revalations too lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Cart games save to cart, downloaded games save to sd, dsiware saves to 3ds nand.

Sd is locked to console only in so far as the console unique id is tied to a set pair of directory names on the sd that the game resides in, and the game itself is encrypted with the same unique id. You can copy the contents and change card easily but you can't move the card to another console without Nintendo flashing the firmware for you.

Did you manage to get it for €210?

Did you manage to get it for €210?

Yup, cheers bud. Got it for 210eu. Traded in my 3ds and payed the rest. Very happy so far. All this time played monster hunter :). Won't be able to play resident evil though as waiting on circle pad pro :(.
    I have to say I could easily play monster hunter with no circle pad pro, though when it came to underwater it all got tits up. I hope MH3 is not too heavy on underwater ventures. I generally hate those in the first place, no matter what game I play.

One thing to note lads. You don't get a charger with MH3 3ds XL... The lads know me in GameStop so they got it to me for free. Fair play to them. Though it is an asshole move from Nintendo side.

Yup, cheers bud. Got it for 210eu. Traded in my 3ds and payed the rest. Very happy so far. All this time played monster hunter :). Won't be able to play resident evil though as waiting on circle pad pro :(

What did you get for a trading in the 3DS against the 3DSXL?

What did you get for a trading in the 3DS against the 3DSXL?

80eu only. No SD cards though, i kept them. got a spare game pad pro now for normal 3ds. They dont take those.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Can I ask Monster Hunter players, what gets you so excited about it?

Not trying to kid or anything, I tried to play one a few years ago and I tried the demo for 3 on my 3DS the other day. But I can't seem to enjoy it. So I am wondering if I am just not getting it. :o

SgtBob wrote: »
    Can I ask Monster Hunter players, what gets you so excited about it?

Not trying to kid or anything, I tried to play one a few years ago and I tried the demo for 3 on my 3DS the other day. But I can't seem to enjoy it. So I am wondering if I am just not getting it. :o

For me this sums it up perfectly:

You should check few posts few pages back, which explains why MH3 is interesting better then i ever could.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That One Minute Review is only 49 seconds long. Who do I complain to?

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    That One Minute Review is only 49 seconds long. Who do I complain to?

Its so good, it did not needed a minute! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Damn plates, I'm feeling the desire sensor kicking in now, I got a Lagi plate when I didn't need one and now I need 3 Rathalos plates and I've yet to get one :(

Killed my first Great Jaggy today! :)

Was not really hard, but no circle pad pro makes it a bit pain in a hole. Specially when you got few enemies on screen with big bastard Jaggi!

I really want new long sword! No receipes yet :(.

By the way. When armour ses resistance for fire. Does that mean resistance from fire abilities? Or fire based monster in general? Pure defence I guess from physical damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Killed my first Great Jaggy today! :)

By the way. When armour ses resistance for fire. Does that mean resistance from fire abilities? Or fire based monster in general? Pure defence I guess from physical damage?

Yeah defence is pure defence against physical damage, but the elemental (and status) side of it works very similar to Pokemon. So if you wear a full set of Great Jaggi gear you have all the elemental weaknesses and resistances that the monster does, so you're definitely weak to fire attacks (Qurupeco flint, Rathian fireball), but resistant to (I think) Dragon, not that you're going to encounter any Dragon attacks anytime soon.

There are also "Blights" which stay on your character after getting hit by an elemental attack. So if you get hit by a fireball, you get "Fireblight", which is basically your character still on fire and losing HP.

You can get rid of fireblight by rolling on the ground a few times, rolling in water or eating a nullberry. But the severity of the blight you get is also based on your initial elemental resistance. So being weak to fire means it might be harder to get rid of the burn, and being resistance might mean you just take the initial fire damage, but don't get blighted/burnt at all.

Not to knock the great Jaggi gear or anything. In fact, if anyone wants an early armour set recommendation, I would STRONGLY suggest you make the Jaggi gunner cap (not blademaster) as your helm, then make a full set of Jaggi Blademaster for your melee weapons, and a full set of Jaggi Gunner for ranged weapons. Both with the gunner cap. Save and register these as equipment sets at the box in your home.

This armour set gives you a good attack boost, and even more if you add attack decorations to the slots and find an "+Attack" charm.

I made this as my first armourset, and by finding a measly "Attack +3" charm I was able to get "Attack up Large" right at the start of the game, which is a crazy good bonus so early on.

It also gives you resistance to being dizzied, and doubles the benefits you get from Stamina items, which are both nice to have.

The next armourset you make after the Jaggi one can be down to your personal preferences, but at the point I'm at, it's STILL my best gear for raw damage :eek:

Cheers for info m8. Will start working on that set so. Will have to go and say hello to great Jaggi again! With my current gear! And no circle pad pro! Ouch! :)

Such a shame 3ds version does not have multiplayer :(. Would love to wii u, but in fairness. It is not going to have support for unreal 4 engine and I am not Nintendo game franchise fanboy at all. So it's pretty much buying wii u just for one game :(.
    Plus with 3ds XL I can play MH all day long and don't fight misses for TV.

P.s. XL is waaaaaaay better as machine. Better battery life, better screen, better grip on machine it self. My hands were always in pain after playing 3ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I'm in the same boat as you Shadowhearth. I can't justify picking up a WiiU at the moment.

The good news is that MH4 on 3DS will apparently have online multiplayer. So I'll focus on getting used to the gameplay with MH3U so that I'm prepared for the MH4 release, whenever that may be.

P.s. XL is waaaaaaay better as machine. Better battery life, better screen, better grip on machine it self. My hands were always in pain after playing 3ds.
    Stop making me want one, I'd have to get another monster hunter case from the capcom store for it then :(

Stop making me want one, I'd have to get another monster hunter case from the capcom store for it then :(

I will be honest now. When i first fired up XL the first thing that came in to my mine: "oh god, what have i done". the resolution stayed same, but screen became a lot larger. So it looked like the quality droped a lot. Though wheh i started playing MH3 it was a clear damn winner. The bigger screen just makes so much more sense. Everything id just a lot damn easier. When i played on normal 3ds i felt like looking in to a tiny box ( no dirty pun intended ).
    The 3d effect is a bit different story. I found it a lot more comfortable in a small screen then big XL. I guess when you got small screen your eyes dont need to jump so much, but when you got a lot bigger screen at same distance it makes your eyes disfocus a lot. It might be just my problem as I know 2d effect works very different on all people.

I got XL just for monster hunter. Well worth it. Specially when gamestop got that 3ds xl bundle for only 210 eu, its even cheaper then amazon! Its a fantastic deal if you are looking to buy MH3. Keep in mind you would pay 40-50 eu for game anyway!

I will be honest now. When i first fired up XL the first thing that came in to my mine: "oh god, what have i done". the resolution stayed same, but screen became a lot larger. So it looked like the quality droped a lot. Though wheh i started playing MH3 it was a clear damn winner. The bigger screen just makes so much more sense. Everything id just a lot damn easier. When i played on normal 3ds i felt like looking in to a tiny box ( no dirty pun intended ).
    The 3d effect is a bit different story. I found it a lot more comfortable in a small screen then big XL. I guess when you got small screen your eyes dont need to jump so much, but when you got a lot bigger screen at same distance it makes your eyes disfocus a lot. It might be just my problem as I know 2d effect works very different on all people.

I got XL just for monster hunter. Well worth it. Specially when gamestop got that 3ds xl bundle for only 210 eu, its even cheaper then amazon! Its a fantastic deal if you are looking to buy MH3. Keep in mind you would pay 40-50 eu for game anyway!

Yeah my brother got the same bundle, very jealous of him at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yeah my brother got the same bundle, very jealous of him at the moment.

Just invite him to a nice boat ride in the nearest lake, then when he looks away in to the water hit his head with a blunt object. wrap a few bricks around his legs and throw him in to the lake. Now you got a nice shiny 3DS XL! :D

Advertisement