Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol and Tesco Delivery times

Options
  • 11-03-2013 4:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

If my slot is 9-11pm and my order includes alcohol, what happens? It's surely being packed well in advance of 10pm, and I would more than likely (I should expect..) receive it between 9 and 10.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If my slot is 9-11pm and my order includes alcohol, what happens? It's surely being packed well in advance of 10pm, and I would more than likely (I should expect..) receive it between 9 and 10.
    You will not be allowed buy alcohol for delivery in the later time slot.

244569.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Bit unfair isn't it? Surely the sale is made before hand?

Such a ridiculous law, but I guess this isn't the thread for it!

Bit unfair isn't it? Surely the sale is made before hand?

Such a ridiculous law, but I guess this isn't the thread for it!
    But the sale is not made until the goods have been delivered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

foggy_lad wrote: »
    But the sale is not made until the goods have been delivered.
    How come when I've had problems with my card they have phoned me as it was being packed/sent out for delivery?

How come when I've had problems with my card they have phoned me as it was being packed/sent out for delivery?
    With regards to the licencing laws the goods are not sold to you until they are delivered as the law is regarding the supply of alcoholic beverages rather than the actual purchase of them. The drinks can be bought at any time but can only be supplied during the specified hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

It's possible to order alcohol for the 9-11pm slot but the delivery has to take place before 10pm,it hasn't happened to me but a few other lad's have brought back orders with alcohol when they've been running late and wouldn't get to the address before 10pm which is company policy,in relation to payment problem's the card is not processed until all the shopping is picked which on an evening delivery might not be until 2pm on the day of the delivery.

Advertisement