Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flubit (New site for buying online)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Are Flubit charging for delivery now? £9.99? Or just on some items?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Yeah, free delivery from supplier, £9.99 from Flubit. That killed it. ~£12 saving, but with the added hassle expense of Parcel Motel. Meh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

To the people who have bought off flubit using an amazon link, when you received your item, was it sent and repackaged by flubit or just sent by amazon like normal without any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Does everyone seem to get tracking numbers for items bought off of flubit or am I just getting a coincidence? Ive orderd about 4 items, and even the smallest items (worth like €4 once) got a tracking number. Seems a bit odd for such a small value item, it also seems to slow down delivery to parcel motel greatly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I ordered a computer case through Flubit using my parcel motel address..

But forgot that the package will be too big :pac:

Can I just collect it at the local cork depot at any time? It's under 35KG's so if I'm not mistaken it should be free, other than the initial €3.50 :)

Danger781 wrote: »
    I ordered a computer case through Flubit using my parcel motel address..

But forgot that the package will be too big :pac:

Can I just collect it at the local cork depot at any time? It's under 35KG's so if I'm not mistaken it should be free, other than the initial €3.50 :)

No. I did the same (thought it would fit), and it needed to be collected in Finglas or if I paid an extra tenner, delivered to me.

No. I did the same (thought it would fit), and it needed to be collected in Finglas or if I paid an extra tenner, delivered to me.

Just found something on the parcel motel site there now..

We will notify you by SMS text and Email to let you know if your parcel does not fit into one of the lockers and ask you to collect at our National Distribution Centre in Finglas or to contact us to make alternative arrangements, which include an option to collect at any of our other Nightline Depots (at no extra charge) and onward delivery. Additional Charges may apply for onward delivery. Please refer to our prices explanation page for more information.

Seems like I'm okay but I'm going to give them a call to be sure.. :)

• Advertisement

Ah, I missed the local depot option.
    Please collect your oversized Parcel Motel package at Nightline, Unit 5 Mygan Pk, Finglas, Dublin. Open 6AM-11PM Mon-Fri, 8AM-1PM Sat, Clsd Sun. Tel: 1890241717

I've been emailing them, and to be fair they are responding very quickly. :)

The charge for oversized products is based on dimensional weight, rather than actual weight. Anything with a dimensional weight of under 35KG's comes within the €3.50 boundaries.

Length x Width x Height in cm / 3000 = Dimensional Weight

My product is 46.4 x 23.2 x 52.3 cm which comes to about 56299.9, divided by 3000 comes to ~18.7..

When you include the packaging, it surely shouldn't double the size of the dimensional weight?

Damn, flubit do not like to cancel orders it seems. Been trying to cancel an order for the past few days, and they are very slow to reply, and when they did relp to an email, they just updated me on the delivery estimate and completely ignored it :confused:

Poor service.

Tinie wrote: »
    Damn, flubit do not like to cancel orders it seems. Been trying to cancel an order for the past few days, and they are very slow to reply, and when they did relp to an email, they just updated me on the delivery estimate and completely ignored it :confused:

Poor service.

Ringing them might be your best bet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

So I'm waiting on my barbecue from the UK (yes - it's my fault it's been raining this week!).

I got a mail yesterday saying I needed to top up my account as there were insufficient funds to process my parcel. I had a €7 balance. So I drop another tenner into it. Still no update today, so I mailed them half an hour ago. Suddenly my package appears on the site and my balance goes down by 3.50. WTF???

stimpson wrote: »
    So I'm waiting on my barbecue from the UK (yes - it's my fault it's been raining this week!).

I got a mail yesterday saying I needed to top up my account as there were insufficient funds to process my parcel. I had a €7 balance. So I drop another tenner into it. Still no update today, so I mailed them half an hour ago. Suddenly my package appears on the site and my balance goes down by 3.50. WTF???

Yeah, that's what happened with mine too. Didn't think much of it was my balance was zero (although my account is linked to my debit card...).

Ringing them might be your best bet :)

That seemed to work, they said they will cancel it within a few minutes! Lets hope it does be now. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

stimpson wrote: »

Strange, so you only got charged €3.50 and the €7 that was there should have covered it, maybe it's oversized and more will be charged after collection?

The charge for oversized products is based on dimensional weight, rather than actual weight. Anything with a dimensional weight of under 35KG's comes within the €3.50 boundaries.

Length x Width x Height in cm / 3000 = Dimensional Weight

My product is 46.4 x 23.2 x 52.3 cm which comes to about 56299.9, divided by 3000 comes to ~18.7..

When you include the packaging, it surely shouldn't double the size of the dimensional weight?

That's not entirely true, your parcel is charged on the higher of actual and dimensional weight, a small parcel of >35kg will be charged on the actual weight. On the other hand large parcels of <35kg can/will be charged on dimensional weight. Note any parcel that doesn't fit the locker or >10kg has to be collected at a nightline depot, but there is no additional charge is the dimensional and actual weight is <35kg.
    I'd say in your case you should be fine, but unfortunately sometimes (if you don't know the package size) it's a gamble/guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Does anyone have a link to the price for a 8gb nexus 4 on the Google play store in the UK. I am unable to find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

There's a thread over on the Android forum with all the links and info needed.

Link

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I ordered a 1TB USB3 External hard drive last week and received a 2TB USB2 (Mains powered) External Hard drive.
    I'm not sure if they made a mistake or just figured I'd be happy with the substitute but I'm just going to leave it be rather than go about returning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Eathrin wrote: »
    I ordered a 1TB USB3 External hard drive last week and received a 2TB USB2 (Mains powered) External Hard drive.
    I'm not sure if they made a mistake or just figured I'd be happy with the substitute but I'm just going to leave it be rather than go about returning it.

That's poor form from flubit.

If you're happy with it, thats fine, but probably no harm in sending an angry email anyway just to see if they offer any recompense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Hi All,
    Sorry if this has been answered already, I've run through this thread try to find the answer.

1. I'm aware that you have to use Parcel Motel, which is fine. However, I ordered a hard disk through Flubit over the weekend and entered an Irish postage address (by mistake). The order went through with no problems and I got a 'dispatched email' (bought from 'fireworks direct'). I'm hoping it will be delivered! My question is, do you HAVE to use parcel motel or does it depend on the seller and if they will accept the Irish address?

2. In the instances where you do use Parcel Motel, is your Parcel Motel account charged for this delivery? (even though the Amazon order might have included free delivery to Ireland). How does that work?

If I'm missing something here, apologies for the stupid questions.

Cheers,

DC

dcGT wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Sorry if this has been answered already, I've run through this thread try to find the answer.

1. I'm aware that you have to use Parcel Motel, which is fine. However, I ordered a hard disk through Flubit over the weekend and entered an Irish postage address (by mistake). The order went through with no problems and I got a 'dispatched email' (bought from 'fireworks direct'). I'm hoping it will be delivered! My question is, do you HAVE to use parcel motel or does it depend on the seller and if they will accept the Irish address?

2. In the instances where you do use Parcel Motel, is your Parcel Motel account charged for this delivery? (even though the Amazon order might have included free delivery to Ireland). How does that work?

If I'm missing something here, apologies for the stupid questions.

Cheers,

DC

1. As far as I was aware Flubit would only accept a UK address. Not sure how you managed to put in an Irish address.

2. Parcel Motel will always charge you €3.50 no matter what the delivery charge from the merchant. The merchant charges you to deliver it to the parcel motel sorting office, and parcel motel charge you for using their services.

1. As far as I was aware Flubit would only accept a UK address. Not sure how you managed to put in an Irish address.

2. Parcel Motel will always charge you €3.50 no matter what the delivery charge from the merchant. The merchant charges you to deliver it to the parcel motel sorting office, and parcel motel charge you for using their services.

Thanks for the response. I just picked the address from the list in PayPal, when paying. It didn't complain.

Regarding Parcel Motel, if it's the situation I described, where Amazon offer free delivery to Ireland, for example. I suppose I would have to factor in the Parcel Motel cost when looking at the savings made through Flubit, correct?

Cheers,

DC

dcGT wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. I just picked the address from the list in PayPal, when paying. It didn't complain.

Regarding Parcel Motel, if it's the situation I described, where Amazon offer free delivery to Ireland, for example. I suppose I would have to factor in the Parcel Motel cost when looking at the savings made through Flubit, correct?

Cheers,

DC

But they won't always use amazon though, regardless if you use an amazon link. Let us know if you get your item though.

But they won't always use amazon though, regardless if you use an amazon link. Let us know if you get your item though.

In terms of comparing prices and calculating the savings you need to look at the Amazon price with free delivery Vs. Flubit + €3.50 and your time to go and collect from PM.

God damn Flubit are slow at processing / shipping orders..
    In terms of comparing prices and calculating the savings you need to look at the Amazon price with free delivery Vs. Flubit + €3.50 and your time to go and collect from PM.

I use PM for nearly all deliveries regardless of where they're coming from.. I live two minutes from the PM and there's rarely anyone home during the day to accept deliveries :p

• Advertisement

Flubit is only really worth it IMO if your buying something greater than about £70 as usually they give 10-15% off on demands. its not worth saving 2 or 3€ for the time it takes them to despatch and having to go to PM and pay the €3.50 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sent them two demands over the past 48 hours, and they got back to me for both telling me I found the best price..

.. no fair! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Flubit is only really worth it IMO if your buying something greater than about £70 as usually they give 10-15% off on demands. its not worth saving 2 or 3€ for the time it takes them to despatch and having to go to PM and pay the €3.50 also.

Well, in my case I got a much better than 3.50 price reduction on something that wouldn't dispatch to Ireland anyway so I was happy enough. It definitely has it's uses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Basq wrote: »
    Sent them two demands over the past 48 hours, and they got back to me for both telling me I found the best price..

well, you are the ultimate bargain finder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sweetie wrote: »
    well, you are the ultimate bargain finder!
    That's going on the CV..

;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Basq wrote: »

Oh, I haven't seen that before, maybe they don't have an agreement with the supplier?

They got discounts for me on some pretty obscure stuff so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Oh, I haven't seen that before, maybe they don't have an agreement with the supplier?
    Some items would be very low margin as is. I was surprised to get 17% off a memory card.
    Both my items came very quickly. I had been thinking it was not worth the hassle due to extra work needed by me, but actually I had to do less work on my last one.

I linked to a site (one I doubt is registered with them) and I was unsure of postage, one of these stupid sites where you have to register fully before they give you a hint of postage prices. So flubit had to do that work. They came back with ~17% off, and it ended up coming from that very site. Then paying via flubit is very quick, and you don't even have to type out your address once in paypal.

Do you mind me asking how much it was? My 1TB WD is on the way out.. :(

Do you mind me asking how much it was? My 1TB WD is on the way out.. :(

It was in the region of 47-48 pounds + P.M.
    I used pricerunner first and got a better deal than Amazon.
    I believe there was a deal for a Toshiba one recently for even less but I was happy with what I got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It was in the region of 47-48 pounds + P.M.
    I used pricerunner first and got a better deal than Amazon.
    I believe there was a deal for a Toshiba one recently for even less but I was happy with what I got.

got the one for 47 from amazon direct

got the one for 47 from amazon direct

I knew I could have got a better price with a bit of patience but I was in the market for one and I wasn't going to squabble over a few quid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I accepted an offer on the 7th and still waiting for a dispatch, been on to them three times... they're quite slow!

Ok,
    So after selecting a Irish address from PayPal when buying from Flubit, the address was accepted and the item was just delivered today by registered post (1 week after dispatch). I contacted flubit support during the week too and they confirmed that the item was posted to the Irish address I specified. I don't know if this was a mistake but it saved me €3.50 in Parcel Motel fees. Reply from flubit (fireworks ) is below:

Dear XXX
    I have looked into your order and the status is completed and dispatched on the 17th June to

XXXXXXX
    XXXXX
    XXXX
    DUBLIN
    IE
    I hope this helps. Any other queries please let me know.

Kind Regards

XXXXX

DC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

n1ck wrote: »
    I accepted an offer on the 7th and still waiting for a dispatch, been on to them three times... they're quite slow!

Is it a high demand item?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

n1ck wrote: »

and I thought the 5 days I'm currently waiting was bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

abbir wrote: »
    and I thought the 5 days I'm currently waiting was bad

ordered yesterday shipped today.or so the email said.
    ordered a baby chair a few months ago and took weeks with it sitting in their office. got a £50 refund from them for the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

draffodx wrote: »
    Is it a high demand item?

It's a Nexus 4, it delivered today to Parcel Motel up north, just waiting for it to come down to Dublin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hank Moody

Bad news just got this email from Flubit, Looks like they are only going to take demands from Amazon.co.uk

From tomorrow, Wednesday 7th August, instead of being able to demand using any UK website, we're going to be asking you to do so only using products listed on Amazon.co.uk.

As it happens, the majority of our users already use Amazon for their Demands, so for most this will mean no change. By concentrating our efforts on beating the market leader, we'll be able to respond to most demands in just a few hours, much better right?

You can find out more here and if you have any questions please do get in touch via talktous@flubit.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

The website isn't accepting any demands until wednesday now either, so it's already too late to do any last minute comparisons with other sites.
    Just as a test I've found a particular product on amazon at £60 which is readily available at £50 elsewhere. If flubit can't beat the lower price with their deal then I can't see myself using it as much as before. Which would be a pity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Are Amazon taking over Flubit or something?
    Flubit will no longer be getting the best price for the consumer, just a reduced price on an Amazon product.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah bad change, don't like it at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement