Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flubit (New site for buying online)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

First time using them (only out of curiosity, saving was a paltry 6% on £21), bought on Sunday and it still hasn't shown as dispatched. Does it normally update properly or should I expect a text from parcel motel without waiting for it to show dispatched on Flubit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I used Flubit twice before they changed to solely Amazon prices and got 20% and 15% off.
    I've requested two better prices since they went with Amazon only and they got back to me with 3% and 6%! And both offers took 36 hours.
    Great move Flubit, tiny savings and taking almost just as long to produce the offer.
    I would guess I'm one of hundreds saying bye bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

First time using them (only out of curiosity, saving was a paltry 6% on £21), bought on Sunday and it still hasn't shown as dispatched. Does it normally update properly or should I expect a text from parcel motel without waiting for it to show dispatched on Flubit?

Was it an Amazon Basics camera bag by any chance? :D Very same for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I used Flubit twice before they changed to solely Amazon prices and got 20% and 15% off.
    I've requested two better prices since they went with Amazon only and they got back to me with 3% and 6%! And both offers took 36 hours.
    Great move Flubit, tiny savings and taking almost just as long to produce the offer.
    I would guess I'm one of hundreds saying bye bye.

20% off?! Thats the first time ive heard of anyone getting more than 12% off. Im guessing the item went down in price from when you submitted the demand, so they added the drop in price to the discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Was it an Amazon Basics camera bag by any chance? :D Very same for me.

Almost... :p

A pair of Schwalbe Cityjet bike tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

Ive used Flubit a few times.
    Went to use them over the last few days and they are now SH1TE.
    Im guessing Amazon did a deal with them.
    Might as well go straight to Amazon now you save so little with Flubit.

"When good ideas go bad" - Sky1 8pm

Last week I ordered a Huawei Y300 from Fubit through Amazon, saved a huge €6! They emailed me the following day saying my order had been canceled and my card refunded because their supplier ran out of stock. So I went back onto Amazon and saw that they were still in Stock so I demanded a better offer again and Flubit got back to me with a huge saving of €3 so I proceeded with the order only to receive an email two days later telling me their supplier was out of stock and my card would be refunded? I don't know what is going on in Flubit but I hear echos of examinership and liquidation.
    A joke of a website.

Last week I ordered a Huawei Y300 from Fubit through Amazon, saved a huge €6! They emailed me the following day saying my order had been canceled and my card refunded because their supplier ran out of stock. So I went back onto Amazon and saw that they were still in Stock so I demanded a better offer again and Flubit got back to me with a huge saving of €3 so I proceeded with the order only to receive an email two days later telling me their supplier was out of stock and my card would be refunded? I don't know what is going on in Flubit but I hear echos of examinership and liquidation.
    A joke of a website.

I had the same. Easier to buy from Amazon direct now, quicker too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭celticsfan

Hi guys

Used this site for the first time yesterday and got a price for a set of headphones which cost 96£ on amazon. Flubit offered them for 88 and this morning the actual price on amazon increased to 105£ so i just emailed flubit to see if their offer was still valid due to the price change on amazon.. Got a reply saying flubit's sellers were out of stock lol.. coincidence? i think not..absolute jokers.

celticsfan wrote: »
    Hi guys

Used this site for the first time yesterday and got a price for a set of headphones which cost 96£ on amazon. Flubit offered them for 88 and this morning the actual price on amazon increased to 105£ so i just emailed flubit to see if their offer was still valid due to the price change on amazon.. Got a reply saying flubit's sellers were out of stock lol.. coincidence? i think not..absolute jokers.

Well that's your own fault. :D

• Advertisement

Well that's your own fault. :D

well it was either that or go through the hassle of getting a refund from flubit,and from what i read they are not easy to deal with when things go wrong..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 edrakes

I can definitely understand people being frustrated by the change to Amazon only. There are still some good deals to be had though, especially on stuff that only really sells on Amazon.

Got some good deals on academic books in the last few weeks actually.

celticsfan wrote: »
    well it was either that or go through the hassle of getting a refund from flubit,and from what i read they are not easy to deal with when things go wrong..:cool:

What refund? You had an offer of £88, all you had to do was accept it, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I had the same. Easier to buy from Amazon direct now, quicker too.

I think this was the objective. Flubit was an Amazon competitor insofar as it sought out other suppliers cheaper than Amazon. Amazon have either bought it out or are paying sweeteners. In the near future Flubit will be no more and Amazon will have the run of the show again, probably with an even larger customer base.

What refund? You had an offer of £88, all you had to do was accept it, no?
    Ya he could have accepted it and then receive an email two days later saying it was out of stock and then wait for his refund. Dead right to nip it in the bud and forsee what they were gonna do. Joke.

Ya he could have accepted it and then receive an email two days later saying it was out of stock and then wait for his refund. Dead right to nip it in the bud and forsee what they were gonna do. Joke.

Refunds are instant in my experience..

Exactly what this man said. The price on the item increased to 105,in my opinion there was no way they would cover this extra cost. I couldn't be bothered waiting two days for a dispatch notice and then receive a cancellation email instead. What was interesting was, in the email they sent me stating the item was 'out of stock', they kindly offered me the opportunity of demanding the item again as they could source it from another supplier.

Refunds are instant in my experience..
    Got two refunds in the last week. Took them two days to tell me the item was out of stock (which it wasn't) then another two days for the money to appear back in my bank account.
    Far from instant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Got two refunds in the last week. Took them two days to tell me the item was out of stock (which it wasn't) then another two days for the money to appear back in my bank account.
    Far from instant.

It always amazes me that debits are instant but credits take days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorry to bump this lads, but I'm at a loss.

I've registered my delivery address as Parcel Motel without a bother. Can't register my billing address without a "valid postcode". How did everyone get around that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I think I used none

Not working for me I'm afraid. Getting no Paypal option either, which would obviously solve a world of pain.

padair wrote: »
    I think I used none
    My apologies, I paid via paypal.

Turns out their "new system" has to have a valid postcode to proceed, which means you can't register your card details. Also Paypal is no longer an option.

Balls to them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It has to be said that they are well past their best. Nice while it lasted, but time to move on.

Let us just be happy with shopping from UK via Parcel Motel, and stop counting the potential pennies saved.

And before you say that pennies are important: imo any purchase you are thinking of making via Fluxit is discretionary, so the penny importance argument is totally blown...

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have to say it's a pity to see them gone the way they have.
    They saved me quite a bit on some items I bought...
    Great while it lasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bought an external hard drive last week from them. 8 pounds cheaper than amazon and came from dabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I only wanted them for the Nexus 4 and got it no probs paying with paypal.. and then the Nexus 5 hoping to do the same. looks like that wont be happening now. Dont really care about the pennies saved, just want a handy place to get the hardware

Soarer wrote: »
    Turns out their "new system" has to have a valid postcode to proceed, which means you can't register your card details. Also Paypal is no longer an option.

Balls to them anyway.

I just added a Visa Debit card tonight, used BT1 1aa as a test in the post code box.

Tested it out by buying a Chromecast from amazon. (via Flubit)

so far the order has been: 05-10-2013 20:11 We are currently preparing your order

Will update if this works or not if anyone wants to know.

(Also: Sent them an angry email about them saying they love us irish but make it hard to let us use them with post code BS and having to enter my Debit card many times once more cos of that post code BS!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I gave my parcel motel address as my billing address and it worked fine

• Advertisement

I gave my parcel motel address as my billing address and it worked fine

Yep that would work until the addresses are cross-referenced.

god's toy wrote: »
    I just added a Visa Debit card tonight, used BT1 1aa as a test in the post code box.

Tested it out by buying a Chromecast from amazon. (via Flubit)

so far the order has been: 05-10-2013 20:11 We are currently preparing your order

Will update if this works or not if anyone wants to know.

(Also: Sent them an angry email about them saying they love us irish but make it hard to let us use them with post code BS and having to enter my Debit card many times once more cos of that post code BS!)

All went fine until... Sorry, this unit is out of stock from the supplier...

Yea.. Anyhow used eBay and got it fir the same price.

Update from Flubit regarding the using of Irish address in the billing postcode box.

Thank you very much for your email.

As we have recently changed to a different payment gateway we are no longer able to accept a billing address without a postcode in it. We are currently making inquiries as to the risks involved in accepting a billing address without this field and we might be able to change it based on the response we get back.

Due to the fact that we are currently capturing not at purchase but with a slight delay and we'd like to increase this to taking payment only once the order has been confirmed by the supplier, we are just trying to ensure that we don't expose ourselves to fraud.

We might be updating our payment structure shortly to accommodate for Irish billing addresses, but currently we do not accept them.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope you have a really nice day,

Maybe tell them stop putting their leaflets in with Parcel Motel deliveries!

Absolute clowns. Opening themselves to fraud without a postcode? What does the rest of the internet do with orders from Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep that would work until the addresses are cross-referenced.

Got my product no hassle :)

Has anybody done searching for a similar website? Even if they don't offer a few pennies off, a way of buying the nexus 5 would be most useful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Does anyone use flubit anymore?

Proco Jr. wrote: »

Nope. Its a big piece of ****e.

Proco Jr. wrote: »

I got a 6% discount offer on a Galaxy Tab yesterday but I think I'd need to be spending £200+ to make it worthwhile (time, Parcel Motel, warranty returns etc.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got a 6% discount offer on a Galaxy Tab yesterday but I think I'd need to be spending £200+ to make it worthwhile (time, Parcel Motel, warranty returns etc.).

i got 2% offer on the 8gig tab 3!

That's pretty good. Every time I tried to use them it never worked out for me. Good to see there are still some savings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

That's pretty good. Every time I tried to use them it never worked out for me. Good to see there are still some savings

I am getting a 2% saving on Amazon DSLR. Still more expensive than eBay.

We have had awful problems with returning a product.... It puts me off flubit completely.

Equates to £7.14 - €3.50 for Parcel Motel.

To be fair though, when Flubit started I think they were aiming towards laptops and TVs etc., for these items they may be able to offer more tempting savings (and make some money themselves).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Saved 6% on a Kindle Fire HD, got it for £93.

Much slower response time than when I last used it (ages ago), was one of the main points in moving to amazon only not to increase response times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

sweetie wrote: »
    i got 2% offer on the 8gig tab 3!

Some things will be low margin for sellers to begin with, so I would expect a lot more off certain items. Also do not just look at the saving flubit tell you, if buying off amazon normally it will have irish VAT, so compare the flubit offer to the actual amazon basket price to here.

Also check you are not wasting your time on items they will never post here, 2 posts recently were about amazon not sending perfume, they do not deliver to NI etiher, only mainland UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Ordered hp ink cartridges from flubit, supposed to receive on 21-03-13.
    still haven't received item?? did email support with item no.? no reply.
    Unfortunately, paid by credit card this time instead of paypal. Does anyone know how do i proceed to get a refund? My last order with flubit was also a disaster, should have learned the lesson. but claimed refund from paypal last time. Please stay away ffrom flubit, they havent got a clue how to deal with issues!!

Is Flubit still going!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

get onto your cc company and advise them that the goods havent arrived and seller not answering you. Ask for a chargeback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I ordered a router worth 150 quid from flubit back in the day. It kept losing all its settings when it was restarted and dropping the network connection - maybe twice a week? So I put in a complaint about it with flubit... they never even acknowledged my complaint, but a week later I got an unexpected parcel motel text - they sent out a replacement. Just thought I'd share, they may be working on the issue, sure would help to know about it, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Quackles wrote: »
    I ordered a router worth 150 quid from flubit back in the day. It kept losing all its settings when it was restarted and dropping the network connection - maybe twice a week? So I put in a complaint about it with flubit... they never even acknowledged my complaint, but a week later I got an unexpected parcel motel text - they sent out a replacement. Just thought I'd share, they may be working on the issue, sure would help to know about it, though.

Similar issue as mine, placed order for a item worth £100, item never arrived, contacted them and they organize a replacement, a week later both arrived on the same day, but a few days later I received a 3rd item, I contacted them but they said to keep them all, I was looking for them to pay for return postage so they thought was easier for me to keep them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Was offered less than 2% on a £170 item. I think that's me done with flubit now. Orders gone missing, long waits, poor return service and now prices that don't even make it worth the risk with parcel motel factored in.

Advertisement