Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flubit (New site for buying online)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

This post has been deleted.

Yeah, that's a legitimate concern I suppose... My item came direct from a camera shop in Somerset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I've placed my first order with Flubit and am using Parcel Motel. I've used my two free stays so will be charged this time.

Do I need to add credit to my account or will they just charge me. Using a credit card with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

More of question for the parcel motel thread. Anyway, you wrote you're using a card with them. If that is registered to your account (check this in your PM account settings) then you don't need to do anything, they'll just charge your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I have talked to Flubit regarding spam mail.

They confirmed that they themselves will not use a postal address for marketing and nor will they pass it to third parties (aside from product suppliers of course).

They can't guarantee that the product supplier won't use a postal address for marketing purposes but they have been in contact with Parcel Motel who have replied that if someone should receive spam to their PM account they should contact Parcel Motel for a full €3.50 refund. PM take photos of each item so they can verify any claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Ordered something last week with flubit, like I posted then, I'm not in a hurry for it. However it only shipped today even though the order says 2-3 working days (so at least 5 in this case, unless I missed a bank holiday). I'll keep that in mind for future orders especially since the discount was only small and I have to add the PM fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Got an email from "Bertie Stephens" (Flubit founder) saying the amount of demands you can place in a day has increased to 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Got an email from "Bertie Stephens" (Flubit founder) saying the amount of demands you can place in a day has increased to 20.

Is that not in return for beta testing the new flubit toolbar? I got an email to that effect.

sweetie wrote: »
    Is that not in return for beta testing the new flubit toolbar? I got an email to that effect.

Ah, you may be right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Now updated to reflect Ireland-based customers and Parcelmotel. They could improve and offer a sub-division that ship directly to Ireland.
    ParcelMotel.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

They quoted me £170 for an ASUS Fonepad.

Its still on preorder for £180 from Amazon, so £184.50 when you include Irish VAT.

I'm pretty happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Good article on the growing popularity of Flubit: http://tamebay.com/2013/04/flubit-update-6-5m-in-demands-since-launch.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

so does it stand for Find Lower U Buy IT (Then)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Is there a restriction on the type of websites you can give? Like can I give the amazon.de link rather than the co.uk link?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

has to be a uk retailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

has to be a uk retailer.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

I've put in for an Amazon product, if they come back with a cheaper offer and I buy it, it's not actually going to be coming from Amazon is it? Don't understand how this works tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Probably will come from amazon but it varies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

CombatCow wrote: »
    This is awesome.
    Hit the Pause button @ 18 sec. Nice try, though.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Probably will come from amazon but it varies
    But you're still completely covered with guarantees etc. as you would by buying normal through Amazon yeah? :confused:

thebuzz wrote: »
    But you're still completely covered with guarantees etc. as you would by buying normal through Amazon yeah? :confused:

Yeah afaik, and amazon would be the ones fixing something under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Got a external hard disk from them. Came from Dabs.com

The price on their site is more but via Flubit its cheaper. Not sure how they are doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

I've purchased 3 items from flubit and 2 of them I've been happy with and had decent savings. The latest was an accessory for a car. What I recieved was totally different to what I ordered, in colour, size and shape. Not only that but it wasnt new as advertised, clearly second hand from the condition (someone had written in permanent marker on the underneath!) And the receipt showed i paid a MUCH lower price than i did. Anyway I emailed flubit and got the response below. I take it they are refunding my postage costs and sending me the correct one. They are placing the blame with themselves and not the supplier of the product. I know mistakes happen but it's kind of put me off them a bit tbh.

Thank you for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear about the issue with this order. I can help and have this matter resolved for you asap.

Firstly I would like to apologies because during the product matching stage, our systems matched your item with the incorrect product. The item it matched with, was a cheaper and different model, hens the price difference. I know this has caused a delay and truly sorry for this.

Secondly, please find attached the return label and instructions to have this item returned to the supplier. You will be required to pay for postage, just email me your receipt and I will immediately refund this back to you.

Once I have postage receipt, I will make sure that we purchase the correct item you have demanded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Once I have postage receipt, I will make sure that we purchase the correct item you have demanded.

Maybe if you asked for things nicely instead of "demanding" them, they might send you the right stuff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I've purchased 3 items from flubit and 2 of them I've been happy with and had decent savings. The latest was an accessory for a car. What I recieved was totally different to what I ordered, in colour, size and shape. Not only that but it wasnt new as advertised, clearly second hand from the condition (someone had written in permanent marker on the underneath!) And the receipt showed i paid a MUCH lower price than i did. Anyway I emailed flubit and got the response below. I take it they are refunding my postage costs and sending me the correct one. They are placing the blame with themselves and not the supplier of the product. I know mistakes happen but it's kind of put me off them a bit tbh.

Thank you for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear about the issue with this order. I can help and have this matter resolved for you asap.

Firstly I would like to apologies because during the product matching stage, our systems matched your item with the incorrect product. The item it matched with, was a cheaper and different model, hens the price difference. I know this has caused a delay and truly sorry for this.

Secondly, please find attached the return label and instructions to have this item returned to the supplier. You will be required to pay for postage, just email me your receipt and I will immediately refund this back to you.

I'm at a loss as what your gripe is. this, to my mind, is an example of good customer service. They cocked up and they've admitted it, they haven't tried to blame everybody else and they've assured you that you won't be out of pocket. Sure you'll be inconvenienced but that would have happened even with poor customer service.
    Try Ryanair or Pixmania if you're not happy with Flubit's CS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

bmaxi wrote: »
    I'm at a loss as what your gripe is. this, to my mind, is an example of good customer service. They cocked up and they've admitted it, they haven't tried to blame everybody else and they've assured you that you won't be out of pocket. Sure you'll be inconvenienced but that would have happened even with poor customer service.
    Try Ryanair or Pixmania if you're not happy with Flubit's CS.

It's not that I'm not happy with the way they are rectifying the error, I'm unhappy with the actual error. How can I send them a link to a £52 brand new item and they match it to a £20, second hand totally different item and charge me £45? Im pretty sure they wont pay the 2 parcel motel stays for €7, although i will ask. I would have been better off just to have ordered from amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well it's really simple how they managed to get it wrong, their "system" failed them. I mean, according to what you have quoted them as saying in your earlier post, this is what they told you. I think that's fairly understandable and reasonable from them. Accidents happen, like.

It's not that I'm not happy with the way they are rectifying the error, I'm unhappy with the actual error. How can I send them a link to a £52 brand new item and they match it to a £20, second hand totally different item and charge me £45? Im pretty sure they wont pay the 2 parcel motel stays for €7, although i will ask. I would have been better off just to have ordered from amazon.

Well, in effect they would only be liable for one PM stay as you would have used one anyway. No harm in asking but they stipulate they will only deliver to UK addresses, it's you who decides what that address is. You decided to use Parcel Motel so you are liable for the charge, the charge is not for delivery to UK but for delivery to RoI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Well, in effect they would only be liable for one PM stay as you would have used one anyway. No harm in asking but they stipulate they will only deliver to UK addresses, it's you who decides what that address is. You decided to use Parcel Motel so you are liable for the charge, the charge is not for delivery to UK but for delivery to RoI.

They actively promote PM to their Irish users so should pay the cost of the first PM

They actively promote PM to their Irish users so should pay the cost of the first PM

Hardly grounds. Use of Parcel Motel and indeed Flubit, is actively endorsed here on Bargain Alerts. Are we equally liable?
    It was an option, it was the OP's choice whether or not to exercise that option.

Hardly grounds. Use of Parcel Motel and indeed Flubit, is actively endorsed here on Bargain Alerts. Are we equally liable?
    It was an option, it was the OP's choice whether or not to exercise that option.

There's a difference between boards and flubbit.

Flubit actively encourage users to use PM and make money from the transaction.
    As far as i know, boards makes no money from us using flubit and there is therefore no contract for goods or services bought.

There's a difference between boards and flubbit.

Flubit actively encourage users to use PM and make money from the transaction.
    As far as i know, boards makes no money from us using flubit and there is therefore no contract for goods or services bought.

As far as I'm aware, Flubit make no commission from Parcel Motel, therefore would make the same amount on a transaction sent to any UK address. It's purely an option, possibly identified by their interaction with Boards users who were already using Parcel Motel to access the site. It's a moot point as to who benefits most from the situation. Who would you identify as at fault if the OP had had the item addressed to a relative in NI and had driven north to collect the parcel, would you expect Flubit to refund his petrol expenses.? Flubit have offered to refund his return postage which is presumably what they would do for any UK customer, I don't recall their having insisted he post it back from NI although they presumably have a bulk arrangement with Royal Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Is anyone else having issues when using paypal??

I'm trying to no avail
    Please continue your purchase in the secure window we opened. If you can't see it, click the button below.

No window opens or the "Go" button does nothing.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yeah, had a bit of trouble there this morning. Pop-ups were blocked, but even when I removed the block it took a few attempts to give them my money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Yeah, had a bit of trouble there this morning. Pop-ups were blocked, but even when I removed the block it took a few attempts to give them my money.

Spot on, thanks for that. Never copped it. Now to spend money I don't have

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Was having similar issues on chrome, Firefox worked grand.

I bought a portable dvd player yester 8% cheaper and dispatched today.

Also bought a baby car seat 6% cheaper today. saved 25€ on the chepest UK site and €120 on buying it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

I purchased 2 sleeping bags and saved 10%, about £8.
    But Parcel Motel classified them as over sized, charged €7 and I had to collect from Finglas.
    This was an hour long return trip.
    I don't think I will use again unless the goods and packaging are small and/or the discount is over £15ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Just made my first purchase and entered my home address by mistake :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Eathrin wrote: »
    Just made my first purchase and entered my home address by mistake :(

Don't panic, they will contact when there is any issue with your delivery adress, you can amend then to BT1 1AA or use PM:)

I already sent them my PMID in a support message.
    I figured that it would all be automated and there would be nothing they could do but wait for the delivery to be rejected.
    I hope it doesn't get too messy!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Eathrin wrote: »
    I already sent them my PMID in a support message.
    I figured that it would all be automated and there would be nothing they could do but wait for the delivery to be rejected.
    I hope it doesn't get too messy!

What happened to me was a nice lady from Flubit emailed me when they got round to processing the order. I'd sent a support ticket in too, but clearly that hadn't been actioned before the processing part. All sorted out and sent to my PM locker - although the online details of the order remained saying my Dublin address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Do you have to use Paypal?

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Do you have to use Paypal?

I believe so.

My blunder was resolved very quickly, I was emailed within 24 hours and gave my PM address. Very good customer service :)

I ordered a portable DVDplayer on monday £8 cheaper than Amazon and it arrived in my PM last night.

It was sent courer.:D

Gf saw a package delivered from flubit to our neighbours, by courier, wonder how this magic happened!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Gf saw a package delivered from flubit to our neighbours, by courier, wonder how this magic happened!
    Ask them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

As far as I know you can risk it using the BT11AA postcode can't you? Some people have said this worked and they got it delivered to their home address, others said the delivery was cancelled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement