Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flubit (New site for buying online)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭JaManSnowFlake

Raoul wrote: »
    'twas I! :pac:

I thought it way too good to be true. Can't wait to get the phone now though.

They keep bouncing my demands back saying that the link is not suitable. Has anyone else found this and did you find a link that works? Will I have to use Flubit through TOR?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

I signed up to Flubit as I wanted to order from a UK website that only delivered in the UK and wouldn't accept PO Box addresses (so no parcel motel) ordered the goods at the start of the month and two weeks later (after taking the money from my paypal account) still no sign of the ordered item.

When I queried the delay they said they couldn't find the item at the price they had offered (and charged for) so they refunded my payment, but of course paypal took it's usual cut so I'm out by two euro. Very unhappy with their service, they shouldn't charge for goods until they have them in hand and are ready to send them out (like every other online retailer does).

:confused:

They keep bouncing my demands back saying that the link is not suitable. Has anyone else found this and did you find a link that works? Will I have to use Flubit through TOR?

I'm trying to purchase the Nexus 4! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

No, can you post an example link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm trying to purchase the Nexus 4! :D

Sorry to ask the obvious question, but is it a UK website??

I am trying to link to the Nexus 4 though the Google Play store (viewed through TOR) then when that didn't work I tried a link that had been posted previously, that link didn't work either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ask them.
    English isn't their strong suit :pac:
    draffodx wrote: »
    As far as I know you can risk it using the BT11AA postcode can't you? Some people have said this worked and they got it delivered to their home address, others said the delivery was cancelled.

Hmm, would it come by courier then? Pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I often had to use...IE.... to make an order with flubit. The paypal payment wouldn't load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Thanks, I'll give IE a try when I'm on my main computer later.

Yep I had problems with chrome, ie and Firefox work fine.

Just on the nexus question, I created a demand a few weeks ago with no problems.
    I googled nexus 4 copied the link to the UK store and used that.

Maybe Google have copped on?.....

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Yep I had problems with chrome, ie and Firefox work fine.

Just on the nexus question, I created a demand a few weeks ago with no problems.
    I googled nexus 4 copied the link to the UK store and used that.

Maybe Google have copped on?.....

Which UK store, Google Play?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Which UK store, Google Play?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Jo Satan wrote: »
    I purchased 2 sleeping bags and saved 10%, about £8.
    But Parcel Motel classified them as over sized, charged €7 and I had to collect from Finglas.
    This was an hour long return trip.
    I don't think I will use again unless the goods and packaging are small and/or the discount is over £15ish

That its oversized is not really flubit or PM's fault... Bit too late now but isn't there a nightline depot nearer to you, it would have been forwarded there without addional charge. You could also have chosen to have it delivered by nightline (think that is an additional €10,50). All this info is in the PM topic on boards and on the PM website.
    Oversized doesnt always carry an additional charge either, picked an oversized parcel up today in finglas without additional charge, all depends on weight and dimensions of your parcel.

Also got my 1st flubit order, asked to beat amazon price, order was fulfilled by John Lewis (just for info).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

draffodx wrote: »
    As far as I know you can risk it using the BT11AA postcode can't you? Some people have said this worked and they got it delivered to their home address, others said the delivery was cancelled.

I thought that only worked with Royal Mail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Anyone create a demand and not get an offer back? Waiting for an offer on a memory card the 43 hour time has run out and since yesterday morning it just says offer coming soon.

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Anyone create a demand and not get an offer back? Waiting for an offer on a memory card the 43 hour time has run out and since yesterday morning it just says offer coming soon.

They probably forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

My offer for the blu-ray player took 9 days so it takes a while sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

They probably forgot.

or their car racing set broke :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Has anyone actually bought the Nexus 4? Did you have any problems? Will it be covered over here with the warranty? and did you get a receipt that can be used for insurance?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Has anyone actually bought the Nexus 4? Did you have any problems? Will it be covered over here with the warranty? and did you get a receipt that can be used for insurance?

Thanks

All the info you need is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056938806

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Gave them this quote
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-Analyser-Bathroom-9141-WH3R/dp/B003X3A3EY/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    (£15.99)

Got it sent from house of fraser for £13.64 delivered (I live in uk). Checked it on the House of Fraser Website and it was reduced from £25 to £20. Just goes to show how much of a margin the shops must normally make!

Happy with the website so far apart from the fact the they quoted me a paring knife but then woudln't renew the offer as it's amoungst their prohibited goods! THanks OP, great find!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got a call today from Fireworks to saymy childs car seat wont fit in a locker.

They were onto PM who told them the same as I did about me picking it up at the depot.
    They've decided to ship it directly with Nightline to Dublin and bypassing the PM.
    NL have a depot near them in London.
    They go on a 48 hour courier service.

Did you think it would...? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Amouar

They were onto PM who told them the same as I did about me picking it up at the depot.
    They've decided to ship it directly with Nightline to Dublin and bypassing the PM.
    NL have a depot near them in London.
    They go on a 48 hour courier service.

How about the shipping cost? same as if they sent them to NI Parcel motel??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Did you think it would...? :pac:

Probably didn't ? :pac:

eamonnq wrote: »
    Probably didn't ? :pac:

I knew it wouldnt..but Flubit didnt, hence their phone calls to PM and me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

I demanded a Htc one about 3 weeks ago, and used clove.co.uk for the link.

Then they used the price of £425 as the base, ie. not including vat.
    They were able to find me a cheaper price, including vat and delivery!

The thing is I didn't accept it, as I got cold feet and wanted to see the Samsung GS4 IRL before I bought.

Put the same link in for a demand yesterday and now it is accepting the higher price from clove that includes vat.
    Im hoping they wont be lazy and return a dearer price than last month.:(

Anybody able to use the "revive offer" on an expired one? I tried it with no sucess... (I had got a price on a paring knife but then it expired I put it in again and they said that it was on their prohibited list....) Strange to have the button if it does nothing

Don't see that option on my expired offers -are you a beta tester?- if not, where do I find it?

• Advertisement

flyguy wrote: »
    Don't see that option on my expired offers -are you a beta tester?- if not, where do I find it?

Strangely it's under the my demands section but not the offers....

was going to paste a screen shot but think i've to give a url to attach a pic here, too lazy! Can email you one, if you can't find it PM me your email!

Found it thanks, was hoping to bypass the product-in-stock rule with a revive demand (got offer when product was in stock, offer expired, now not in stock) Looks like that wont work, so didn't try...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Pj! wrote: »
    They can't guarantee that the product supplier won't use a postal address for marketing purposes but they have been in contact with Parcel Motel who have replied that if someone should receive spam to their PM account they should contact Parcel Motel for a full €3.50 refund. PM take photos of each item so they can verify any claim.
    Quote below was posted the other day the PM rep herself
    If you receive junk mail to your Parcel Motel locker, please let us know and we will credit the €3.50 back to your account. We have to send everything out as we can't always be sure what is junk and what is not. Lots of our customers use the service to receive letters and magazine subscriptions are also very popular. You can log into your account and see a photo of the item, if it is a letter/brochure that you did not order, let us know and we will remove it, dispose of it, and credit your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Can you use credit/debit card or anything other than paypal with Flubit yet?

Dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I used my home address to chance my arm 2 weeks ago, I think it's stick in the uk looking for a Galway somewhere lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Got a external hard disk from them. Came from Dabs.com

The price on their site is more but via Flubit its cheaper. Not sure how they are doing it.
    This following is all just guesswork -but I reckon they are just haggling on your behalf, and getting a small commision. If I went into powercity I could typically get a few euro off most things above a certain value.

I expect somebody puts in a item, say on dabs for £50, I guess this gets entered automatically and shown to loads of relevant retailers, sort of like an online auction. They can all "bid" on it, say 1 shop says they will sell for £40, another can out bid and say £35 wanting to get rid of stock, some stuck for cash might sell at a loss etc. So in this case I would figure dabs said they could offer it at the lowest and beat all the other offers. Dabs still did not want to lose out on the potential profit, and might be able to visibly see what similar items have gone for recently (just like ebay).

Also it could be a way of some shops getting a customer base and talked about, it could be a hell of a lot cheaper than using the likes of groupon who typically take 50% of the selling price -which is ridiculous.

You also have to give your email. I was wondering if this is revealed or somehow confirmed to the sellers, e.g. a company I buy from all the time might not want to entice me as much as a potential new customer. They also have a bit of market research going on, sex, age, what its for etc. I wondered if you would get different offers depending on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Ordered nearly 2000 gbp worth of camera gear on the 27th April.

Its now 8th May and I have had one email with regard to my support tickets confirming one of the two products have been dispatched.

Flubit website says they are awaiting dispatch. It also says that handling and shipping is between 3 and 6 business days.

Terrible terrible service. My experience = avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Lima Golf wrote: »
    I've purchased 3 items from flubit and 2 of them I've been happy with and had decent savings. The latest was an accessory for a car. What I recieved was totally different to what I ordered, in colour, size and shape. Not only that but it wasnt new as advertised, clearly second hand from the condition (someone had written in permanent marker on the underneath!) And the receipt showed i paid a MUCH lower price than i did. Anyway I emailed flubit and got the response below. I take it they are refunding my postage costs and sending me the correct one. They are placing the blame with themselves and not the supplier of the product. I know mistakes happen but it's kind of put me off them a bit tbh.

Thank you for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear about the issue with this order. I can help and have this matter resolved for you asap.

Firstly I would like to apologies because during the product matching stage, our systems matched your item with the incorrect product. The item it matched with, was a cheaper and different model, hens the price difference. I know this has caused a delay and truly sorry for this.

Secondly, please find attached the return label and instructions to have this item returned to the supplier. You will be required to pay for postage, just email me your receipt and I will immediately refund this back to you.

Once I have postage receipt, I will make sure that we purchase the correct item you have demanded.

So I posted it back and sent them a photo of the receipt and in fairness they refunded my postage straight away. They promised to send the correct item within 24 hours and I would have it within 3-5 days. It's been almost 2 weeks and nothing. I emailed them 2 days ago and they're looking in to it...a bit of a disaster really. I had a few bits to order from amazon last night and I just ordered them without using flubit. It's much less hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah the time spent waiting for a demand, the extra time waiting for them to despatch the item, having to mess about with parcel motel, having to deal with them if anything goes wrong. It just doesn't seem worth it to save a few quid. Im still waiting for my Nook to be despatched (over a week after ordering, and no contact), so just hoping to get this, and wont be dealing with them again id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Tinie wrote: »
    Yeah the time spent waiting for a demand, the extra time waiting for them to despatch the item, having to mess about with parcel motel, having to deal with them if anything goes wrong. It just doesn't seem worth it to save a few quid. Im still waiting for my Nook to be despatched (over a week after ordering, and no contact), so just hoping to get this, and wont be dealing with them again id say.

I accepted my Nook offer with them on Saturday. I emailed them today to ask what was happening with it, and I got the dispatch email just a couple of hours later. Maybe fire them off an email and it might get them moving on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

What happens if the don't convert a demand into an offer after 48hours? I have a demand that is now at about 60 hours old.

Feidhlim wrote: »
    Ordered nearly 2000 gbp worth of camera gear on the 27th April.

Its now 8th May and I have had one email with regard to my support tickets confirming one of the two products have been dispatched.

Flubit website says they are awaiting dispatch. It also says that handling and shipping is between 3 and 6 business days.

Terrible terrible service. My experience = avoid.

How much are you saving?

Ordered a baby car seat on 23/4. Despatched 26/4. Still waiting for delivery and no response from them all for 15€ saving.
    Not worth the hassle.

Ordered a baby car seat on 23/4. Despatched 26/4. Still waiting for delivery and no response from them all for 15€ saving.
    Not worth the hassle.

The money you saved on this one should help make up for the inconvenience, no?

Also bought a baby car seat 6% cheaper today. saved 25€ on the chepest UK site and €120 on buying it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

How much are you saving?

3% and 4% on two items worth about 1k each

I escalated and looks like someone on the ball is investigating. She has already emailed me 3 times today and advised the issue is resolved, items should be dispatched by tomorrow.

Still a lot of hassle given I should of had these 2 days ago at the latest.

The money you saved on this one should help make up for the inconvenience, no?

I just called them to be told the boss was away for a few days and its still sitting in the warehouse.
    PM hadnt picked it up last week and no one thought to follow up on it.

So my savings are now gone with a call on my mobile to the UK.:mad:

I just called them to be told the boss was away for a few days and its still sitting in the warehouse.
    PM hadnt picked it up last week and no one thought to follow up on it.

So my savings are now gone with a call on my mobile to the UK.:mad:

So who messed up? Flubit or PM?

So who messed up? Flubit or PM?

Looks like they both did.

PM didnt pick up and flubit didnt have the cop on to wonder why something wasnt shipped or to answer my emails in the absense of the boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Looks like they both did.

PM didnt pick up and flubit didnt have the cop on to wonder why something wasnt shipped or to answer my emails in the absense of the boss.

PM collect stuff since when?

• Advertisement
Advertisement