Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flubit (New site for buying online)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Looks like they both did.

PM didnt pick up and flubit didnt have the cop on to wonder why something wasnt shipped or to answer my emails in the absense of the boss.

PM just receive it, they don't collect.. do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

paddyp wrote: »
    PM collect stuff since when?
    PM just receive it, they don't collect.. do they?

The baby seat is too big for PM so Flubit told him they would send it via Nightline directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

draffodx wrote: »
    The baby seat is too big for PM so Flubit told him they would send it via Nightline directly.

Nothing to do with pm or nightline then nightline uk collections are fulfilled by uk mail.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews243919.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

giving this site a go , i have 2 offers in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

paddyp wrote: »
    Nothing to do with pm or nightline then nightline uk collections are fulfilled by uk mail.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews243919.html

the reason he was going to send it nightline was to speed up delivery . it could have gone PM for collection at the depot or delivery to my house.

He said today he'd send it city link on a 24 hr service. will wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I tried them earlier in the week. I put in a demand with them on Sunday, by Tuesday there was an update asking a question about the order(which is fair enough, there are 2 different models). That should have been updated within 7 hours I think. I hadn't heard anything by Thursday morning so emailed them. I got a response yesterday evening saying that the demand appeared to be lost (even though it was still on my account?!) so asked me to re-submit. They credited my account with a certain amount of points which will speed up the demand, but only Monday to Thursday (so is essentially useless to me).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

What address/info do people put in for Flubit?

I put in my normal address, but when i went to buy i had errors with my Card.
    Eventually, it looks like the problem was that i was buying in euro from outside the UK
    Hi *** :) Thank you for the screenshot!
    I see that you're buying in euros – can I ask if your billing address is outside of the UK? I'm worried that maybe PayPal is not letting you pay because you aren't in the UK.

Please let me know :)
    Steph

So i couldn't buy anything... Is this because of the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Have you input a UK address in PayPal - i.e., a Parcel Motel one? You can then choose that when Flubit redirects to PayPal to pay for your item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

nephster wrote: »
    Have you input a UK address in PayPal - i.e., a Parcel Motel one? You can then choose that when Flubit redirects to PayPal to pay for your item.

Nope.. Never done that i'll try that. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Update: after receiving no reply in 2 days I sent an angry email:
    Any news on my item? I'm getting very annoyed with the "service" I'm receiving. I initially was sent a totally different, far inferior, far cheaper, second hand product. I returned that to the seller and you refunded my postage costs. You stated that i would have the correct item 3-5 days later and that time frame has been and gone. For the sake of a few euro it's far less stress to order straight from amazon. Definitely not worth the hassle. Never again. Please update me ASAP as to where my order is.

I recieved this reply:
    Firstly many apologies for this fiasco that has been your experience with Flubit. We here at Flubit pride ourselves on keeping our customers happy heard and satisfied. After conversing with **** about your first delivery she then chose to use your original URL address and purchased your items on Amazon in hope of a speedy delivery and keeping you a happy satisfied customer. We were informed by Amazon that the items would be delivered between 3-5 days.
    Unfortunately as you have informed us this was not the case and on following up with this order it now seems they are out of stock and can only offer a full refund. We here are truly sorry for this exasperating set of circumstances concerning your car accessories.
    What would like us to do on your behalf a full refund or reorder somewhere else
    We wish there were a quicker alternative for you to receive your items

So after over FOUR WEEKS, several emails sent, a trip to the parcel motel and a trip to the post office, I'm back to where I started. I've been ordering from amazon regularly for years without one single issue. Flubit is just not worth the hassle. Also I don't believe they ever ordered it the second time around from amazon as I got no dispatch email, tracking number, nothing! Some people on here have had a good experience with flubit but for the sake of a few euro it's back to amazon for me.

• Advertisement

Called them today for the third time in 24 hours. My order was still sitting there after being told twice it wad being shipped direct. Now going by pm on Monday for delivery to finglas depot Wednesday.
    Gave them a bollicking over the lies I've been told and excuses. Could have ordered from the supplier and had it in 2 days.
    They gave me back £50 as an apology after i threatened to cancel and order direct.
    Wasn't worth the hassle.

nothing happens after i enter my details and hit the confirm and pay button?

i dont see the paypal screen.
    any idea why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

try using a different browser and see if that works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

got it eventually.

Using IE10, i had to turn off tracking protection as well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Tinie wrote: »
    Yeah the time spent waiting for a demand, the extra time waiting for them to despatch the item, having to mess about with parcel motel, having to deal with them if anything goes wrong. It just doesn't seem worth it to save a few quid. Im still waiting for my Nook to be despatched (over a week after ordering, and no contact), so just hoping to get this, and wont be dealing with them again id say.
    One thing you don't have to do with Parcel Motel is mess about....

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Ok just submitted my first few demands.

How quick do they usually get back to you?

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Ok just submitted my first few demands.

How quick do they usually get back to you?

There should be a countdown timer on the left, within 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

ANybody else finding this this site has gone to the dogs....waiting almost 2 weeks now and keep emailing them and nothing happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ANybody else finding this this site has gone to the dogs....waiting almost 2 weeks now and keep emailing them and nothing happening.

All ok for me, sent a Demand on Sunday 12th, got an Offer on Monday, order it on the same day, it arrived to PM on Friday, I sent them a mail on the Friday and got a reply on Saturday.

nava wrote: »
    All ok for me, sent a Demand on Sunday 12th, got an Offer on Monday, order it on the same day, it arrived to PM on Friday, I sent them a mail on the Friday and got a reply on Saturday.

they're fine if things go smoothly and your email relates to a demand problem

Email a complaint and it gets ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

I've not had a problem personally, but I have noticed as time's dragged on, people have encountered more and more problems.

I'd say it's simply a case of demand striding well ahead of supply and manpower, and they're a little overwhelmed. Especially since the influx of Irish orders.

Never underestimate the power of Bargain Alerts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I guess they didn't plan for a flood of demands from Ireland, each hoping to save a fiver. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I guess they didn't plan for a flood of demands from Ireland, each hoping to save a fiver. :pac:

YEah it must be bargain alerts causing too much demand as they're we're not allowed mention them on hukd. My friend whom I told the site about is also having issues with a product, maybe we have just slected tricky products.....2 weeks is a bit much though!

no bother with the 2 things i got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

I recently sent them a few emails as they were not responding, no reply at all after five days..... I then sent an email cancelling the item and guess what?.... received a reply from them within an hour!

It seems they are being selective as to the priority given to replies based on the content of the inquiry.

I got my offer on the 11th, I took it up immediately and it has just been dispatched. There does seem to be a little while between ordering and receiving, but that could well be down to the supplier (in my case google)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I got my offer on the 11th, I took it up immediately and it has just been dispatched. There does seem to be a little while between ordering and receiving, but that could well be down to the supplier (in my case google)

Did you order a Nexus 10 ?????
    I'm thinking of doing it, but im a little apprehensive....its a bit of a rigmarole....
    I'd love to hear firsthand experience from someone who did it...:)

I've used 100 points to get the offer within 24 hours but that has expired now and I haven't got an offer so do I get the 100 points back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Got my first flubit order today.

I submitted a link of a refurbished item and they accepted it... don't think they were supposed to.
    I emailed them to make sure it was a new item as they described on my flubit offer and they confirmed it was.

Saved around 50 pounds off the cheapest one I could find online.
    Brand new from amazon, delighted!

• Advertisement

I've used 100 points to get the offer within 24 hours but that has expired now and I haven't got an offer so do I get the 100 points back?
    Shoot them an email explaining the situation and they'll more than likely reimburse you.

Got a flyer in my pm tonight. Flubit.ie in conjunction with pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Ordered my Nexus4 On the 19th, still no word, hopefully I'll hear something in the next few days. Was hoping to get it before the bank holiday.

ScottStorm wrote: »
    Ordered my Nexus4 On the 19th, still no word, hopefully I'll hear something in the next few days. Was hoping to get it before the bank holiday.
    A lot of problems seem to stem from people ordering Nexus.Xs. Maybe Google just take their sweet time dispatching things?

Ordered mine on the 21st and sent them a message last Friday, was told expected dispatch is 29th which is tomorrow but if you haven't got your dispatch yet I think my hopes of that happening are slim :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Ordered mine on the 21st and sent them a message last Friday, was told expected dispatch is 29th which is tomorrow but if you haven't got your dispatch yet I think my hopes of that happening are slim :(

Sometimes the status might not change to shipped, in my case 2 items I ordered changed to shipped after I received them. Best is to check parcel motel for any charge or send them a mail about the status of your order.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I ordered a Nexus 4 on the 23rd. Was told it would be dispatched on the 29th so I hope to have it by Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

godtabh wrote: »
    I ordered a Nexus 4 on the 23rd. Was told it would be dispatched on the 29th so I hope to have it by Friday

Just wondering how much they offered for it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

delboy76 wrote: »
    Just wondering how much they offered for it?

£275 all in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thewy keep saying there is 4£ shipping on the item I want, there wasn't, it's free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Mine was similar - they did dispatch late in the day that they guided. All in it took 13 days for my Nexus. I'd say you'll have yours around the 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I looked for a quote on a contour roam 2 action camera, it's on amazon for £149 but the link I submitted was from another site for £169.

Offer came back at £159 for 7% off the price I submitted. So they will knock a percentage the off the price you submit, but not the best price out there.

I'll submit the £149 link to see what they come back with out of interest.

Vikings wrote: »
    I looked for a quote on a contour roam 2 action camera, it's on amazon for £149 but the link I submitted was from another site for £169.

Offer came back at £159 for 7% off the price I submitted. So they will knock a percentage the off the price you submit, but not the best price out there.

I'll submit the £149 link to see what they come back with out of interest.

Yep, that's the idea, you have to search for the lowest price you can find and they'll knock a bit off that, they don't find the lowest price for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Yeah there in the money making business they'll hardly find you the lowest price and then beat that...
    I find idealo.co.uk and kelkoo.co.uk a good help finding the lowest price. Any others you guys use?

Still waiting on my Nexus 4, Sent a support message to see if they had dispatched it or to give me an estimated dispatch date but got no response!

I'm sure I'll be happy when it finally arrives but customer service is s##thouse. Much more of a delay and I would be inclined to cancel my order.

Still waiting on my Nexus 4, Sent a support message to see if they had dispatched it or to give me an estimated dispatch date but got no response!

I'm sure I'll be happy when it finally arrives but customer service is s##thouse. Much more of a delay and I would be inclined to cancel my order.

Same here, I don't mind the delay as such but its the lack of updates and communication that's really annoying.

Same here, I don't mind the delay as such but its the lack of updates and communication that's really annoying.

Funny, shortly after posting that I received my order update, estimated dispatch June 3rd! I'm starting to suspect they don't process your order until you chase up on it. Others ordered after me and received earlier dispatch dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

flyguy wrote: »
    I find idealo.co.uk and kelkoo.co.uk a good help finding the lowest price. Any others you guys use?
    The InvisibleHand Crome extension is not bad — not as comprehensive as those two, but handy in the way it pops up when you're looking at something on, say, Amazon, and tells you it's cheaper elsewhere (or not, as the case may be).
    InvisibleHand supports over 600 retailers in US, UK and Germany. It also works with the most popular airlines and travel sites in the UK & US and supports hundreds of airlines & thousands of hotels.

Advertisement