Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue property valuations

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Do you know what dates each house were sold? Have any sold in 2013?

Higher one was in September, lower one in November. None in 2013.
    In fairness, I'll be having a look as to why there was such a difference before I file the return to Revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Higher one was in September, lower one in November. None in 2013.
    In fairness, I'll be having a look as to why there was such a difference before I file the return to Revenue.

Wise move. There maybe a reason why one sold for more than the other like attic conversion, extension, replacement windows etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Got my letter today and the revenue have overvalued my apartment. Interestingly the estimate is also higher than the valuation on the revenue website too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Bigcheeze wrote: »

Have you actually got the letter yet ? The letters are guiding different bands than the map.
    Yeah but the map is more accurate as it takes approximate house type into consideration. The letter doesn't as revenue don't know what type of property the letter refers to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Right they are really taking the Mick now....
    Got my letter, which has me in band 6 (300 - 350k)... there own website has me in band 2 (100-150k) and daft has me in the band 2 evaluation. How can anyone make an informed self evaluation if the guidance from revenue has a difference of 200k...

EDIT: I should add that even when I bought in 2008 I didn't pay 300-350k, I paid less so I have no idea where they even got that figure from - the mind boggles how revenue can send out two completely different guidance figures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Got the property tax letter even though we're tenants not owners. An apartment in Dublin 13 is worth €250,000 - €300,000 apparently. I bet that is news to the guy selling an identical one for €90,000 at the moment!

Advertisement