Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Wolli Creek or Stratfield

Options
  • 11-03-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi Folks,

Where thinking of moving out a bit to get a bigger place for me the GF and 9 month old and were wondering with peoples experience of these places?

Open to other areas but Randwick must be accessible and a train line to Wynyard! I know there is no train to Randwick lol

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Wolli creek seems like an up and coming area and near park areas, train lines and facilities, not too far from newtown/glebe etc

Stratfield is a good bit more west it has a big korean (I think) contingency.
    Other than that I don't know much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

kfc1210 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Where thinking of moving out a bit to get a bigger place for me the GF and 9 month old and were wondering with peoples experience of these places?

Open to other areas but Randwick must be accessible and a train line to Wynyard! I know there is no train to Randwick lol

Thanks

Lived in Strathfield for about a year and didn't like it at all. It has a main train station but compared to other suburbs in Sydney where you'd pay comparable prices for rent, you'd be better off avoiding the place. If you want Randwick to be accessible and still be near a train station, have a look at Stanmore/Ashfield or Marrickville/Dulwich hill areas. As far as I know there's a direct bus from Leichardt to Randwick.
    Rent in these places would be a little bit higher but much better areas than Strathfield.
    Had a look in Wolli creek as well to rent before the wife an I eventually bought our place and it's just a huge block of apartments and a train station, that's it. No real playgrounds or parks either for the little one. No soul to the place at all.
    Good luck in the search anyway. Definitely worthwhile moving out a bit as rent can be sky high nearer the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

I lived in Rhodes the past year. Just past Stratfield, Into the City Centre on the Northern Line train in 20-25mins. A lot of new apartment blocks in Rhodes. It's got a decent sized shopping centre (Ikea/Cinema/Coles etc) Rent was high enough. 1280 a month for myself and Girlfriend in a 1 Bed Apartment(Big size for Sydney, All inclusive Electricity/Heating/Bins/Gym/2 Pools included) Only down side was the high Asian population. Meaning we didn't make many friends in the area. But apart from that plenty of facilities and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kfc1210

Thanks for the Info dosent look like either of them are ideal i might keep looking for other areas.
    Or does anyone else know much about them?!

Advertisement