Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VISA Debit card malfunction

Options
  • 11-03-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi,

My VISA DEBIT card has ceased to function - there seems to be a problem with the chip. I can use the card contactless and swiped, but I cannot use it in an ATM machine or in a chip-and-pin machine.

Do I need to bring the card to a branch in order for the issue to be verified and a new card ordered, or is this something which can be initiated from here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi plys,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There is no need for you to call into a branch in person. If you give Banking365 or your branch a call, a representative will be more than happy to order a replacement card for you. Banking365 can be contacted on 0818 365 365 and contact details for your branch can be found here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

Hi Plys,

Remember to point out that the card has gone faulty, and that you should not be charged for the replacement.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

Rang Banking365 there and the card will be replaced free of charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Same thing happened with my card and got it replaced. I know someone on their 3rd card in 6 months. These cards don't seem to last very long.

Advertisement