Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing a Business Name

Options
  • 11-03-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

I registered a Business name 2 years for the sole purpose of getting a .ie domain. I've since closed down that website and the domain name expired. Im in the process of creating a new website which will require a .ie domain. Rather than register a new business name can I just change the old one to the name I want to use for my new website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RedRockets

I registered a Business name 2 years for the sole purpose of getting a .ie domain. I've since closed down that website and the domain name expired. Im in the process of creating a new website which will require a .ie domain. Rather than register a new business name can I just change the old one to the name I want to use for my new website?

If the new website is in the same industry as your old business name the answer is no. Just submit your old business name.

If its a new area of business you have to prove to the domain registry that you are entitled to that new domain name. So they look for relevance.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

That is how boards.ie was setup.

Company name was changed for one day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Things are much easier these days as you can now apply for a discretionary domain name as an individual.

Advertisement