Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank draft questions

Options
  • 11-03-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I need to get a bank draft this week, its something I've never done before and was wondering what I need to bring with me to make sure getting the draft is a simple as possible?

Do I require my bank account number or will my BOI debit card suffice?
    Do I require ID?
    Can I get it in any branch of BOI or do I need to visit my own branch?
    Is the draft made out to the payee specifically? Do I require the companies full name etc..?

Thanks in advance,
    Donal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Donal,

You can only get a bank draft for an amount over €500.

To answer your individual questions:
    Your debit card will suffice and depending on the amount, you may need photo id.
    You can get a bank draft in any Bank of Ireland branch.
    You will need to check with the company directly on who the bank draft should be made out to.

I hope this clears up your questions.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Is this free for  3rd level student

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi freeze4real.

3rd level student account holders are not exempt from paying the charge for a bank draft.

For more information on the services that are free for student account holders, please see here.

Thanks for your query.
    Laura

Advertisement