Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Tonight

Options
  • 11-03-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Anyone lse going to this gig in the Academy? Any idea what time they'll play until?

Comments

was at the gig in Belfast last night, going to this one tonight as well. They came on at 9:35 last night and played until 11:50. There could be different rules for the gig here, im not sure but id say they will be on at 9

they were great by the way....played pretty much all of the new album bar maybe 2 songs i think

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭martybike

Very disappointing. Flattest gig I've been at in a long time. It had its moments, but not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

martybike wrote: »
    Very disappointing. Flattest gig I've been at in a long time. It had its moments, but not enough.

I would agree, jaysus, that solo song went on for hours.

Crowd at the back wouldn't shut up either, bunch of lads only seemed to be there for the "Bants". *Shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I really enjoyed the gig. Somewhere in the 2nd half the pace was lost a bit and then finishing with 2 new, quieter songs wasn't as cool a finish as it could have been but I still love seeing them every chance I get.

8549478687_9e529b0a6c_z.jpg

8554416026_f1bf41063f_z.jpg

8553312015_c3c1af3393_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭martybike

Birneybau wrote: »

Crowd at the back wouldn't shut up either, bunch of lads only seemed to be there for the "Bants". *Shudder*

Seems to be getting worse at every gig I go to. I was standing at the back at BRMC and a bunch of to$$ers in front of me were chatting the whole way through the gig, often with their back to to the band. Why to they pay to go to a gig and then spend the time shouting in each other's ear? Why, why, why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

martybike wrote: »
    Seems to be getting worse at every gig I go to. I was standing at the back at BRMC and a bunch of to$$ers in front of me were chatting the whole way through the gig, often with their back to to the band. Why to they pay to go to a gig and then spend the time shouting in each other's ear? Why, why, why?

They get free tickets or else they are just the usual hipsters who go there to be seen.

Absolute clowns at gigs in Dublin. Most gigs I go to in Dublin at least a 1/4 of the crowd have no interest in it. Just hipsters there to say they went.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

They get free tickets or else they are just the usual hipsters who go there to be seen.

Absolute clowns at gigs in Dublin. Most gigs I go to in Dublin at least a 1/4 of the crowd have no interest in it. Just hipsters there to say they went.

It's not a Dublin thing. I've faced that at many a gig in Galway and Limerick too so you can't define it as a Dublin thing. I saw a performer walk off stage in Dolans Warehouse years ago and we knew it was because the crowd wouldn't shut up.

And in fairness if you can talk through a BRMC gig then fair play cause your hearing must be bloody brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

It's not a Dublin thing. I've faced that at many a gig in Galway and Limerick too so you can't define it as a Dublin thing. I saw a performer walk off stage in Dolans Warehouse years ago and we knew it was because the crowd wouldn't shut up.

And in fairness if you can talk through a BRMC gig then fair play cause your hearing must be bloody brilliant.

If you shout loud enough you will be heard.

There are WAY more hispters in Dublin and you cannot compare it to anywhere else in Ireland.

Most of the time there Dublin is way worse for talkers at gigs. Obviously there will be exceptions.

Just too many hipsters and people who want to be seen at gigs these days.

Expecially groups of girls who think a gig is a pub where you go for a chat.

Advertisement