Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant buy anything on steam:(

• 11-03-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

looking to buy a game today
    and i cant :/

everytime i enter my credit card details , it says
    their has been an unexpected problem, unable to purchase your item, please contact steam support

ive entered everything correctly
    using the same credit card
    its still in date ,
    its monday morning so servers cant be that busy with people buying
    been trying the past few hours :/
    ive sent steam a ticket but ods are it will take them a few days to get back to me
    anyone else have a solution
    ive even tryed changing to my other steam account and still doesnt work :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    looking to buy a game today
    and i cant :/

everytime i enter my credit card details , it says
    their has been an unexpected problem, unable to purchase your item, please contact steam support

ive entered everything correctly
    using the same credit card
    its still in date ,
    its monday morning so servers cant be that busy with people buying
    been trying the past few hours :/
    ive sent steam a ticket but ods are it will take them a few days to get back to me
    anyone else have a solution
    ive even tryed changing to my other steam account and still doesnt work :/
    Try using your cc through paypal. If that doesn't work the problem may be with the credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

OP, have you tried getting in contact with your bank? They might be blocking payments to Steam if they think it's an unusual pattern of transactions that are being charged to your card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

OP, have you tried getting in contact with your bank? They might be blocking payments to Steam if they think it's an unusual pattern of transactions that are being charged to your card.

nothing to do with me credit card cant even buy anything with my other credit card or paypal
    i think its on their end doesnt matter now bought the retail version

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The client rarely works for me when purchasing cc or paypal either, but I rarely have a problem when buying directly from the store website for some reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

You should contact Steam support if it is not working via the client or the website, there could be a block on your account.

Contacting Steam Billing and Support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

I am getting this same issue, I even checked my bank and they said there hasn't even been any attempts to purchase on their side so it seems as if it's Steam ****ting itself over how many people are destroying it's servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I couldn't buy anything from the Steam client but I was able to purchase from the mobile app.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dubplate

I wasn't able to buy anything for an hour with my cc..works now though. Sadly I missed the BL2 flash sale and ended up buying the game for 20 instead of 10.. sigh

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Something similar happened to me. I waited about an hour, and worked then. I reckon an internal Steam issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

have any of you tried just adding funds to your steam wallet through paypal and buying that way? im not sure if it works but worth a try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I'm still coming up against a brick wall when trying to use my visa debit. I know there's not a block on it because I just used it to order cinema tickets there a few minutes ago. I have a moneybookers acc and I added money to my steam wallet through that. Moneybookers didn't work last night so now that that's sorted hopefully the visa debit problem will be sorted soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Asmodean wrote: »
    I'm still coming up against a brick wall when trying to use my visa debit. I know there's not a block on it because I just used it to order cinema tickets there a few minutes ago. I have a moneybookers acc and I added money to my steam wallet through that. Moneybookers didn't work last night so now that that's sorted hopefully the visa debit problem will be sorted soon enough.

I couldnt order something last night for ten minutes but it cleared up after that. I had my details cached so no re-entering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

This problem is on the rise. Apparently, 'Fite-clubisis' is the development of a split personality through the stress of impending Steam sales. What happens is a subconscious part of your brain creates a second personality with its own thoughts, feelings, and patterns of behavior. Theses personalities often are direct opposites and dominate at different times, with abrupt transitions triggered by distressful events or memories. Each may be entirely unaware of the other but aware of unexplained gaps in remembered time.

So while one part of you wants to spend, spend, spend, the other part wants to sabotage your reckless spending of cash! I think you've sabotaged yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

So if I wake up in the morning and my card has been mysteriously cut in half I'll know why! This whole payment issue is strange though. Been using steam for 3 years and never had any issue, even in past sales. Maybe its an act of sabotage to get more people into gamestop to buy steam vouchers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

It was happening to me earlier but it's working for me now.

The only change I noticed was the split between credit card and steam wallet has been removed. Before it was going to take the small balance in my steam wallet and charge the rest to my CC, it's done that before and that's fine. Now it's taking the full amount from my CC and not going near the steam wallet.

Advertisement