Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning tips for GBB mags

• 11-03-2013 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

What does everyone use as a cleaner/lubricant for their GBB mags. I ask as I'm about to order some spare mags for my MP9 and they seem to have a tendancy to be full of some horrible gak which blocks the feed.
    I've been using silicone oil spray which works ok but is messy and was just wondering was there someting else you could use to clean/treat them with as either a one off or regular treatment
    Thanks in advane for any relpies and apologies if theres a thread on this already

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Personally, I use the full line up of Abbey cleaning products for my arms and this is the stuff for really dirty jobs: http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=&category_id=56&product_id=872&Itemid=26

Also, it's worth mentioning, that all of Abbey's products are completely petroleum free ;)

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

I also use the abbey products. They may be more expensive than buying silicone oil but I find they work a hundred times better and if you know where to put it and how much to use then you actually don't go through the cans all that quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I also use the abbey products. They may be more expensive than buying silicone oil but I find they work a hundred times better and if you know where to put it and how much to use then you actually don't go through the cans all that quickly.

I only use silicone grease not oil on all the rubber bits like the o-rings and gas seal as it expands the rubber more so than oil giving it a better seal, and a teeny amount of silicone oil in the flow valve.

Don't ever be tempted to use oil on the spring and mag follower as it will attract diry like a good thing!.

If I have not used a mag with a bit, say a few weeks ill fill it with a small bit of gas and dry fire it to keep it lubed a bit!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

I only use silicone grease not oil on all the rubber bits like the o-rings and gas seal as it expands the rubber more so than oil giving it a better seal, and a teeny amount of silicone oil in the flow valve.

Don't ever be tempted to use oil on the spring and mag follower as it will attract diry like a good thing!.

If I have not used a mag with a bit, say a few weeks ill fill it with a small bit of gas and dry fire it to keep it lubed a bit!.

+1 for using grease and silicone added gas for this task, also, like we need a reason for dry firing GBB's :D

Advertisement