Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 San Diego 2013

Options
  • 11-03-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all!

I didn't see a J1 page for San Diego so I decided to set one up, anyone have any questions or tips about jobs or accommodation feel free :)

A couple lads and myself are planning to head out to San Diego for 3 months and we are just trying to get accommodation sorted :)

Anyone else in the same boat? We are thinking about staying in Mission Beach I have heard there is more jobs around that area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dean.shallow

hey have you heard or seen anything about getting jobs/housing? i've heard mixed things about getting the social security number which can effect getting a job have you heard anything about that??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FOS5252

hey have you heard or seen anything about getting jobs/housing? i've heard mixed things about getting the social security number which can effect getting a job have you heard anything about that??

Havent really started looking, just trying to get people to live with first then ill deal with it. The intrax website says you can only get your social security number over there and it takes a couple day. I have heard you can work without one just not get paid :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lfitzpatrick10

I am also going there on j1. What are the nightlife scenes like do you know? Are jobs hard to come by?

Accom is extremely hard to find. 4000$ a month is the cheapest iv found for a 3bed 3 miles from beach. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Doctor Moose

Any luck with the accommodation?

Also, me and three or four friends are heading this summer if anyone is up for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dean.shallow

i've emailed alot of places but the two that seem good and keen on letting us stay are Avalon apartments and Camdon apartments both of which are in the pacific bay area which has a lot of bars and restaurants which would hire Irish. also with the social security number you cannot work unless you have it so cash in hand jobs (i've there is any) would be an easy way to get a quick bitta cash. i was at an orientation organised by usit the other day so that cleared up a lot of stuff for me i'd be happy to share any info if anyone has any questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonny_D

Was just down in San Diego (mostly Mission Beach area) with the family last week and managed to bump into 3 separate J1ers.

All seemed to be having fun. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 eniko

hi all these people i can see it is an older post, but i have a question for u.

Could u help me out with any ideas who is able to hire j1ers in san diego? in pacific beach if it is possible

And could you share that website with me too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nadinnneeee

Going to Mission Beach on a j1 for the summer, does anyone know of any places that or have worked in any places there that hire j1 students? any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Advertisement