Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malaga-recommendations?

• 11-03-2013 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

We are thinking of going in May, anybody any recommendations of the place or whether it is worth going to? We would be looking at going for the week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Anybody any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Yeah, I've been there twice and will be there again next weekend. Got engaged down those parts, and went on honeymoon there. Well, it's an easy-to-access entry point to the Andalucia region, and to Morocco!

We seem to always stay in Hotel Room Mate Lola (a boutique chain). There's a slightly more upmarket hotel. We also stayed in Hotel Petit Palace. Very stylish, laptops in each room, comfortable bed.

I really like Malaga - a working city, relaxed and unpretentious. Not a gastronomic city, but there's some very good places to eat and lots of random bars down back-alleys for good tapas and music. The Picasso museum is fantastic, and the area around the cathedral is very atmospheric. What's remarkable about Málaga is its history. Perched above the city on a rock is an old Moorish castle. Below that is an excavated Roman theatre.

The contemporary art gallery is great, shopping is good, it's brilliant to stop by the main municipal market for a bite to eat - freshly cooked fish and a beer or glass of wine. Other places, unfortunately, I can't remember. There's one place we really like in the vicinity of Plaza de la Constitutión, they get in good ham and nice tapas, and proper flamenco one or two nights a week. But anywhere around Constitution is worth checking out for eating.

The bus and adjacent train station are very walkable from the centre, and the bus from the airport drops you off on Alameda Principal which is just a short walk from most of the nice hotels (like the ones I mentioned). If you want to buy your own food, go to the municipal market, and if that's not open, the food court/supermarket in El Corte Inglés is excellent.

Wow, I just can't wait to be there myself next Sunday!

You could totally chill in Málaga for a week if that's your thing, but the region also has so much to offer. You can spend at least one night in Granada and visit the Alhambra. You could go to Nerja, or one of the quaint coastal towns (probably very busy in May). Or you could go up the mountains to visit the 'white towns' of the sierra like Frigiliana or go over to Ronda, which is very pleasant.

It's a great region, and you'll have a great time. This time, we're going to Malaga on the way over and back, but heading for Seville and Cadíz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Brilliant, thanks for that. I might be on to you again before we go, enjoy your holiday!

Advertisement