Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

External antenna for iPhone 4s... To get good 3G signal !!

• 11-03-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I'm heading off for a week away next week. I've been to the location before and I don’t get any data and barely a voice connection for my iPhone 4S. There's a small hill right beside where I'm staying which is blocking the reception to the mast. There's a tall pole located right beside me and I know for a fact that the top of the pole has a full 3G connection.

I am wondering if it’s possible to create some sort of antenna for the iPhone, attach it to the top of the pole and bring the cable down the pole and into the building and somehow attach it to the phone, and from there share the 3G internet connection out to the laptops via wifi??

Any thoughts, is there any kind of external antenna for the iPhone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

ando wrote: »
    Guys,

I'm heading off for a week away next week. I've been to the location before and I don’t get any data and barely a voice connection for my iPhone 4S. There's a small hill right beside where I'm staying which is blocking the reception to the mast. There's a tall pole located right beside me and I know for a fact that the top of the pole has a full 3G connection.

I am wondering if it’s possible to create some sort of antenna for the iPhone, attach it to the top of the pole and bring the cable down the pole and into the building and somehow attach it to the phone, and from there share the 3G internet connection out to the laptops via wifi??

Any thoughts, is there any kind of external antenna for the iPhone

google for

"increasing phone signal with tinfoil"

its supposed to have helped others...

You could also try getting a free pas as you go sim, as a backup plan, from another provider - O2 seem to have pretty good coverage most areas - bit of hassle - but better than no signal...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

This might help:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mobile-Phone-Antenna-Patch-Lead-Cradle-Apple-iPhone-4-4S-Dash-Mount-Holder-/151007022516?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item2328b84db4
    it's for cars, but the holder just plugs into a regular car phone antenna, so you could more easily find something like that for the top of the pole and sit the phone in this cradle.

Advertisement