Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card payment protection plan AIB

Options
  • 11-03-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hello
    I was paying payment protection plan for 7years.
    Is it possible to get back all money?

Cheers,
    Jacob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are you jumping on the bandwagon or do you believe you have justification for being able to reclaim the premiums?

There was overselling in situations where (e.g.) someone was a student and therefore they wouldn't have been able to claim based on the fact that they didn't have a job in the first place but what would be your basis to claim that you were oversold?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Jakub25

I think there is more people who never wanted "Payment Protection Plan"
    Payment protection insurance mis-selling.

There is possible to make a claim and get money back.

http://www.uswitch.ie/money-insurance/payment-protection-insurance/

http://www.financeclaims.ie/payment%20protection.html#top

I did make a claim but unfortunetly it is to late to get any money back.
    Changed bank for Ulster, never again AIB.
    Answer is below :mad:

IMG_zpsc0674473.jpg

You still never told us why you feel you were entitled to a refund. The fact that you didn't want the product isn't justification alone.

1.The PPI was added without my knowledge.

2.The PPI was added as a compulsory part of the agreement without my knowledge or consent.

3.I states that I was not provided with written documents to support the sale of PPI, such as policysummary, a statement of price or a statement of demands and needs.

4.I was not asked If I had existing insurance cover or employer benefits.

5.I was not asked if I suffered from any pre-existing medical conditions or warned that pre-existing medical conditions could affect the insurance.

6.I was sold a single premium policy and was not made aware of full cost of the policy or that I was be paying interest on the cost of the policy over the whole loan therm.

7.I was not advised that the single premium policy would not run the whole term.

• Advertisement

Jakub25 wrote: »
    1.The PPI was added without my knowledge.

2.The PPI was added as a compulsory part of the agreement without my knowledge or consent.

That doesn't tally with my experiences. I realise you were with AIB but with every loan I took out with BoI and NIB in the past 30 years, I was offered PPI as a separate line item with a different quoted monthly repayment (i.e. I was shown the monthly repayment rates with and without PPI) and I declined PPI at which point the bank official didn't pursue it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed, it's very much at variance with any product I've taken out either. The old AIB ones I've got seem to be pretty clear.

Advertisement