Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Predictions for Season 3 finale

• 11-03-2013 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭

The actor who plays Milton has reportedly said "Although you'll never see it coming, when it cuts to black at the end of season three, there will be millions of mouths agape."

Im not a comic book reader.

So whats gonna happen?

Its a bit too easy to think that someone major in the group is going to die. I think its going to be more subtle than that. Maybe someone major in the group gets bitten, hides it, and DOESNT zombify? Could there be immunity?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Each season has a distinct setting.
    Season 1 = Atlanta City
    Season 2 = Farm
    Season 3 = Prison
    Season 4 = ?
    Note the main pre-seasons Posters for each season below

Finale season 3
    I predict they leave the prison for some reason
    at the end of Season 3 and are on the road again
    It could be
    Military defeat by governor
    Fire at the prison
    Or perhaps a Pull factor i.e. they receive rock solid intelligence of a safe haven else where and decide to head there
    Or maybe they leave prison for woodbury after defeating the governor and his inner circle( I doubt this does not seem much of change between seasons)

season 1 Atlanta City

PH5tnzXXfljb8c_1_m.jpg

season 2 The farm
    twdnewposter.jpg

season 3 the prison
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1DUdL4Kp-B-LoM5m2l1xxtvBPtqjq4mqS20eZts0VgDBVw1v5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I reckon Andrea won't make it to Season 4, whatever happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I predict they leave the prison for some reason at the end of Season 3 and are on the road again

Yeah, I am inclined to agree. Even if they defeat the Governor, what would they do? Set up the prison like Morgan had his town? Start growing grops and raising livestock? Wait to die?

The prison has no real future. They have to find some reason to move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I think the Governor isn't the Governor, Milton is running things behind the scenes The Guv is just there for charisma, it's been Milton who's been pulling strings getting things done. He had the Guv under his thumb saying he could cure his daughter but he needed the show of strength as he couldn't by himself keep everything in order.

Why else would we have such focus on him when he's done very little this season other than been meek.

Plus in the last episode There is something said to forshadow a situation like this about the devil you know/you don't know the people who are at the right of you. Will have to look over it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Depends on if they break away from the comics or stick to the general story, be interesting to see how it goes though.

• Advertisement

I'd say they'll break away, with the comics it's up to Kirkman when they go and don't. In tv land it's up to the actors, things change, arguments are had, characters don't transfer well from page to live action.

So think they kinda had to put in the Barn and the Prison but now the fan service has been paid and it's got it's viewers hooked it can go off on it's own tangent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

allanb49 wrote: »
    I think the Governor isn't the Governor, Milton is running things behind the scenes The Guv is just there for charisma, it's been Milton who's been pulling strings getting things done. He had the Guv under his thumb saying he could cure his daughter but he needed the show of strength as he couldn't by himself keep everything in order.

Why else would we have such focus on him when he's done very little this season other than been meek.

Plus in the last episode There is something said to forshadow a situation like this about the devil you know/you don't know the people who are at the right of you. Will have to look over it again

That doesn't fit with the conversation Milton and the Guv have had together. Milton has often tried to sway him but the Guv refuses.

true forgot about that, but still think Milton has a darker agenda than letting on. could also be he had the guv under his control but he's now become a loose cannon and powermad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

After the latest episode, I predict at least a partial union between the prison and Woodbury. Daryl/Martinez and Milton/Herschel showed us that both groups are composed of reasonable people who would probably do well to pool their resources. Once Rick and the Governor settle their differences one way or another, I wouldn't be surprised to see the prison group absorb some Woodbury folk or move into the town, for a while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I reckon that Andrea bumps off the Governor (she cant be that desperate, surely?) or, more likely, vice versa.
    Wouldnt mind if they bumped off Glen, misery guts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

My money says it'll be a "surprising" character that kills the governor. Probably Karl or Carol but wouldn't rule out Maggie's blonde sister who's usually so inconsequential I can't remember her name from either the TV show or the comics!

Milton really is the most likely character so far though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

How about this? The Governer is killed by Tyreese but Carl dies. Next season we catch up with Rick years later still caring for Judith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Otacon wrote: »
    How about this? The Governer is killed by Tyreese but Carl dies. Next season we catch up with Rick years later still caring for Judith.
    It could work I think, a time jump would actually suit a show like this. Anyway I think Beth,hershel,milton, martinez, the govener and maybe maggie to die in the finale. I think morgan will return to save the day and that tyrese will play a huge part in the goveners demise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

How about if Rick kills the Governor but is mortally wounded in the process and turns into a zombie. Carl is forced to put one in his head. And Tyreese and Daryl become the new leaders.

Either that, or Merle redeems himself somewhat by sacrificing himself to save one of the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Milton helps Andrea escape, so The Governor kills him. Either Merle or Andrea die in a self-sacrifice way. Governor kills Hershel. Tyreese kills the guy he'd been travelling with (Allen?) after Allen attacks him for siding with the prison group during the fight. Daryl kills Martinez in what will probably be the best scene of the episode. Michonne gets hurt protecting Carl but survives. Andrea injures the Governor (either in self-sacrifice or just manages to hurt him and then Rick shoots him through the other eye to kill him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Penn wrote: »
    Milton helps Andrea escape, so The Governor kills him. Either Merle or Andrea die in a self-sacrifice way. Governor kills Hershel. Tyreese kills the guy he'd been travelling with (Allen?) after Allen attacks him for siding with the prison group during the fight. Daryl kills Martinez in what will probably be the best scene of the episode. Michonne gets hurt protecting Carl but survives. Andrea injures the Governor (either in self-sacrifice or just manages to hurt him and then Rick shoots him through the other eye to kill him.

I like that theory, nicely written.

I'm thinking that Daryl will die though, its the end of the third season they'll need to kill someone major off that the viewers love, Maggie isn't good enough, and then Tyrese will replace Daryl.
    Either one of them will die though, I'm almost sure of it. There is too much power in the group if there is Rick, Daryl, and Tyrese all at once.

I'm hoping Hershel doesn't die only so they can let what happened to Dale in the comics happen to Hershel on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

if darryll dies, a lot of people will be pissed

retalivity wrote: »
    if darryll dies, a lot of people will be pissed

Perhaps they should just kill of Rick and let Tyrese and Daryl run the show. :p

I wouldn't mind being wrong, it could be cool to see all three of them at once, I just see it as being unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

I like that theory, nicely written.

I'm thinking that Daryl will die though, its the end of the third season they'll need to kill someone major off that the viewers love, Maggie isn't good enough, and then Tyrese will replace Daryl.
    Either one of them will die though, I'm almost sure of it. There is too much power in the group if there is Rick, Daryl, and Tyrese all at once.

I'm hoping Hershel doesn't die only so they can let what happened to Dale in the comics happen to Hershel on the show.

This.
    I can't see them killing off Daryl anytime soon, he's by far one of the most popular characters in the show and there will be outrage is they do that...
    With regards to who finishes off the governor, my money's on Milton, Andrea or Merle, and it'll most likely be this huge act of self sacrifice. I hope it's not Merle though, I really like the antagonistic dynamic in the group he brings with his presence.

There will be a lot of deaths though
    an article stated that 27 characters die in the season finale
    most of them will most likely be Woodbury background characters, but they're obviously going to have to throw in a few of the well known ones too. I speculate that they'll be:
    - The Governor (obviously, if the next season is going on a similar vein to the last two, the Woodbury thing will be wrapped up by the end of the season finale)
    - Milton (after doing a complete 180 and sacrificing the governor)
    - Andrea (most likely the same way as Milton, it's gonna be one or the other)
    - Merle (while I sincerely hope not, it'd be a fitting end for him to finally redeem himself and sacrifice himself to save one of the prison group, perhaps - Carol or Baby Asskicker, having realised that they've become more of a family to his brother than he ever was)
    - Beth (she does nothing, frankly her death would have more of an impact than her being alive ever did)
    - Martinez (I'm kinda split with this one, there's either gonna be a really cool showdown with Daryl in which he comes out the losing end, or he revolts against the governor and sides with the prison gang)
    - The governor's other henchman (the guy that people though was Tyreese for a while, don't know if we've ever been told his name...)
    - Allen and his son (Allen by Tyreese, his son probably as a result of his own stupidity...)
    -Tyreese's sister (her death could be the thing to make Tyreese join the prison gang, and I can't see them introducing a comic book favourite if they're not planning to use him for more than a few filler episodes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I don't think Beth will die, she minds the baby.

I think it's being set up for Milton to kill the governer, and also die himself. His loyalty is on a knife edge as it is, I think he'll ultimately stay loyal, but die trying to save the gov. Maybe even the gov will kill him, and his last thought will be "Damn! Should've killed him when I had the chance".

I actually think most of Rick's gang is safe. Rick is ok, Carl is ok, Daryll is ok. Carol is ok, she's "survived" a death already. Maggie & Glenn are ok, and the baby is ok. Merle will die, but appear next season in a halucination/dream sequence to torment Daryll - for this reason I don't think he'll have any kind of redemption, or if he does, Daryll won't know until someone tells him, probably after said dream sequence next year.

Only a small possibility of Michonne going - she's too iconic, and we've only recently started to see some character development. BUT, that same character development has been the death knell for so many other characters.

Don't think Andrea will go, she's needed to do stupid things to move certain plots along - the writers will still need that, so why kill off Andrea only to introduce another "stupid woman" character.

For that reaosn, Tyreese's woman will be gone. Also, the "one strong black character" which saw T-Dog gone to be replaced by Tyreese will also mean Tyreese's woman is at risk as Michonne won't go. Only one black woman allowed.

Tyreese is probably ok, but his white friend & son aren't.

Morgan will do some kind of heroic angel kind of Deus Ex thing, being the hero, but dying.

The only other character left really is the Hispanic Daryll-like - is it Martinez? He can't join the group because there's be too many "strong" types - Daryll will kill him in self defence, but regret it, a kind of "I don't want to do this, but I've no choice" scene. I think the scene at the pit this week is setting it up that Martinez is nothing but loyal to Woodbury

The Gov
    Milton
    Merle
    White Guy
    Son
    Tyreese's Woman
    Morgan
    Martinez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

giggii wrote: »
    This.

- Beth (she does nothing, frankly her death would have more of an impact than her being alive ever did)

Then who is going to sing folk songs/tom waits whenever there is a silence in the prison?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

Penn wrote: »

I'm expecting most of that to happen, Rick saves Andrea but is at the mercy of the Governor, a long drawn out scene with Rick strapped in the chair or something and then right at the last second, for no apparent reason and with no explanation, Morgan shoots the Governor.

bren2001 wrote: »
    I'm expecting most of that to happen, Rick saves Andrea but is at the mercy of the Governor, a long drawn out scene with Rick strapped in the chair or something and then right at the last second, for no apparent reason and with no explanation, Morgan shoots the Governor.

He'll have tracked him down :pac:

He'll have tracked him down :pac:

He will have come to his senses, heard something about a place with a cure on ham radio or something and tracked Rick down to tell him to go there, meaning that we have a new location for season 4!

retalivity wrote: »
    Then who is going to sing folk songs/tom waits whenever there is a silence in the prison?

They're beginning to play more and more songs over the end of the show, maybe it's their subtle way of phasing her out?? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Rick loses his hand.

cursai wrote: »
    Rick loses his hand.

I can't see that happening because:
    1. Comic Book
    Kirkman has always said that he regrets taking Rick's hand in the comics, it's restricted him in a lot of the stuff he's wanted to do with the character
    2. We already have a few characters with missing limbs, it's probably problematic enough for the special effects crew at the mo dealing with how to conceal Hershall's leg and Merle's hand, any more and it'd be overkill...

I think that we will find out that carl never put lori down and in the finale rick and co will be escaping through the tombs, he will see walker lori and put her down. This will finally snap him out of his crazyness

^Except we were shown her remains next to a big-bellied zombie having a fatnap...

• Advertisement

^^ and the fact that Carl has already shot her in the head...

giggii wrote: »
    ^^ and the fact that Carl has already shot her in the head...
    We never saw carl shoot her and remains ? It was a bit of hair. the golden rule of tv if we dont see a body or a definite death they can always come back. Such as andrew this series

ricero wrote: »
    We never saw carl shoot her and remains ? It was a bit of hair. the golden rule of tv if we dont see a body or a definite death they can always come back. Such as andrew this series

I knew it, Syrio Forel IS alive...........whoops wrong forum :)

Seriously though, given that we have been seeing the ghost of Lori in Ricks mind, and we saw the bloated walker after eating her, Im inclined to think she is gone gone gone.

I'm definite that she is gone, but just imagine how much of a headfúck that would be, literally outta nowhere, they're legging it through the tombs and look ahead and walker Lori is standing there with half her head and shoulder missing and starts stumbling at Rick. That would be some curveball. :eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I have a strong feeling that Herschel is not long for this world

Newaglish wrote: »

:( Hope you're wrong, I like Herschel.

• Advertisement

Newaglish wrote: »

Not quite so spoilery
    I read something that said he was going to be killed at the end of season two, but for whatever reason the writers changed their minds and decided they could use him. I suppose he's served as Rick's Wise Old Man Friend for season three, but conceivably Tyreese could take over the role of pacifist/conscience if Herschel were to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

They're all already dead, it's just a big long hallucination from an insane Rick zombie thing. And they scrap series 4 and let Telltale make a tv series out of their game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

They're all already dead, it's just a big long hallucination from an insane Rick zombie thing. And they scrap series 4 and let Telltale make a tv series out of their game.

Fingers crossed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

These are all Rick's sick coma dreams and Shane and Lori lived happily ever after :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I feel like this week had loads of foreshadowing for both Herschel and Glenn. I also suspect if they are gonna be on the move again next season they have to drop the one legged old guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

I reckon in the finale at least 1 of the prison group has to die, it's impossible to say who. A lot of people seem to think Hershel but i think they need the wise old sage character too much. I'd say either Glen or Maggie will die. From Woodbury, probably the Governor, maybe Milton, Martinez, father and son from Tyreese's group and a dozen or so redshirts.

The actor who plays Milton has reportedly said "Although you'll never see it coming, when it cuts to black at the end of season three, there will be millions of mouths agape."

There is a huge prison/woodbury shoot out and at the end of it all, the dust settles and one of the following happens:

1 - a helicopter flies overhead.
    2 - Rick is the only one left alive.
    3 - in the distance there is a huge explosion and a mushroom cloud slowly appears on the horizon.
    4 - The Governor lies dead, and doesnt turn, and Milton realises there must be immunity.
    5 - Just as the Governor is about to kill Rick, Morgan appears and saves the day.

Only just found out Tyreese's sister is called Sasha. Huh!

Also, the title of episode 16, (the finale) may be a bit spoilery, so I'll put the tags on it, don't say I didn't warn you! :D
    Season 03 / Episode 16 (Finale) is called 'Welcome to the Tombs"...

Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I know what will happen.. the governor attacks ok and as they are pounding down on the prison... then cylons attack kill the governor ! then the battle star jumps in saves rick and takes them away to fight space zombies on the moon.

Battle star gets over run zombies and rick runs away with star buck and they make moon babies.

Beth gets shot, turns, eats the baby.

Probably not though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Also, the title of episode 16, (the finale) may be a bit spoilery, so I'll put the tags on it, don't say I didn't warn you! :

Someone referred to the prison by that name in episode 10 or 11 (I watched it over the weekend).

Mr E wrote: »
    Someone referred to the prison by that name in episode 10 or 11 (I watched it over the weekend).

No... from Walking Dead Wiki:
    "The Tombs" (as called by T-Dog) are a portion of The Prison that is infested by walkers, as mentioned by Glenn in "Home."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I reckon Andrea won't make it to Season 4, whatever happens.

sooner that one is dead the better. she does my bloody head in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No... from Walking Dead Wiki:
    "The Tombs" (as called by T-Dog) are a portion of The Prison that is infested by walkers, as mentioned by Glenn in "Home."

Pretty sure Michonne mentioned it in the latest episode too.

Beth gets shot, turns, eats the baby.

Probably not though

As sadistic as that sounds, that sounds like a great story. Probably would be uproar if they actually did that though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement