Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hickeys Dublin

Options
  • 11-03-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Just went to hickey's, and I found out last week that I get student discount, the lady scanned my things and I say I have a student card, she says it's too late (I was going to pay with card) and I hesitate a moment and say could she not cancel the whole thing and do it again, 10% is a bit, and there was no queue. "WHAT DOING It ALL AGAIN? She did not scream but was loud and rude. I took my card and left without a word, I should have asked for a manager, but I was honestly shocked about her response.
    I emailed them, I am really considering going back tmrw, I mean 1. I think she should have asked me if I have a student card and 2. I did not ask her to do something ridiculous (and as i said there was no queue and it were only 6 articles)

am I in the wrong or is this just bad customer service :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

When I used to get a student discount I would always say it before I put down my items. However there is no excuse for the ladies rude behaviour. As long as it was before payment was completed on your bank card I can not see why she could not have cancelled the sale. She would do it fast enough if your bank card was declined by the bank, you lost your wallet etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Agree she should have just cancelled the sale and started again but i dont think she should have asked if you had a student card. Maybe they have a wierd policy on cancelling sales or something.

Advertisement