Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix and UnblockUs?

Options
  • 11-03-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

My computer is broken. My brother got me on to Netflix US version. Fine then I had to pay. Then tI thought I'd not have it anymore and I deleted UnblockUs. the result is I can't do anything on my computer now ..... Does anybody have a clue what I should do? Ian

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

deniro0201 wrote: »
    My computer is broken. My brother got me on to Netflix US version. Fine then I had to pay. Then tI thought I'd not have it anymore and I deleted UnblockUs. the result is I can't do anything on my computer now ..... Does anybody have a clue what I should do? Ian

Is it the computer won't turn on, or your internet won't work? We really need more info here, is it a laptop, desktop, wireless or wired internet, Windows/Mac etc.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 22 deniro0201

A desktop and its a problem with the Internet i am on a laptop at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's your DNS that needs to be reset, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

probably need to reset your dns settings.. open network connections and check the properties of your internet connection. might need to do the same with your router if its been configured to use the vpn.

That's it :-)

• Advertisement

Where it says uncontrolled panel, network and sharing centre

Ian-PCM. And there's a line going across but there is an X in the line to the Internet

Ian-PC

under where it says 'Access type' click on the connection (might be local LAN or something like that) to open the properties of that connection.

in the status window that appears, click 'properties'

you should see a list of various packet filters etc.. scroll down to ipv4 and double click it.. you should now be able to see your ip/gateway/dns settings. try setting both to auto. if you have ipv6 installed and enabled you probably need to check that too.

How do I do that. And what is the dns .... I know what it is?!

A blast, I had a brain haemorrhage and I'm quite tired no. I can't. Find the thing you're talking about but I'll be on again tomorrow hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Open a command prompt with administrative privileges
    Type netsh
    Then type netsh interface ip set dns “Local Area Connection” dhcp

Job done

Does that make any difference

1 I can watch the tv with netflix us version in my loungeiy
    2 I can't watch it in my own room on the computer or the laptop

The router is in the lounge

Set the DNS to automatic, see here for more info. If the Netflix DNS is in the router, change the router to automatically assign the DNS settings

Nick

I have a router in my lounge. It still runs netflix us version. The problem starts when I go into my bedroom ands try to get onto the computer or laptop. ..

what exactly are you trying to do? at first i thought you were trying to fix your interent after removing the vpn service but now im thinking youre trying to restore the functionality you lost in the first place?

unblockUS is a vpn service, regional services like netflix US, hulu etc won't work without you routing through their proxy. so if what youre trying to do is gain access to netflix again, you need to reinstall and configure your unblock (or other) vpn service.

I am trying to get onto netflix us using unblock us version. I have it working on my tv. Fine. I have it working on my laptop. I just don't have it (or anything else working) on my computer.

Mod note: Just to remind folks we will not help you setup VPNs for the purpose of watching blocked content not available in this country on here.

Have you tried restoring the router to factory settings, does the PC still not connect?

Nick

The PC doesn't work.

The iPad 2 (sorry) does work and the Apple TV works in my lounge. The laptop was my iPad 2. The tv was my Apple TV. I don't know what's wrong switch it!!

Assuming PC is using Wifi, make sure the Wifi adaptor is plugged in and try re-entering the WPA/WEP security password: see here for more info.

Nick

• Advertisement

Thanks for trying

All Control panel items > manage wireless networks
    And the screen is blank beneath that.
    I have a Cisco EPC3925, I have the modem in my living room and there is a 'wireless' connection in my bedroom at my PC.
    Computer doesn't work
    My iPad works
    My Apple TV works in my living room
    Wired.
    Ian

Wierd

Try unplugging the wifi adaptor in the pc, and re-plugging it back in. Try another USB port. Could be the wifi adaptor thats faulty, especially if it's not picking up any networks. Also try re-installing the adaptors drivers, if you still have the CD it came with or download them

Nick

I will try it tomorrow !!!

1 my computer is not working
    2 my IPad 2 is working
    3 my Apple TV is working

I thought I could get back to the pre netflix us version by deleting unblock us . Obviously not ..... What do I do now?

I switched the mouse and Netgear thing - no joy though.

1 my computer is not working
    2 my IPad 2 is working
    3 my Apple TV is working

I thought I could get back to the pre netflix us version by deleting unblock us . Obviously not ..... What do I do now?

I switched the mouse and Netgear thing - no joy though.

Try the netgear adaptor in another machine (if possible), it could have failed. Also make sure the drivers for it are up to date, check out www.netgear.com (on another machine ;) ) to download the up to date driver software for it

Nick

To what do I change it?

And what if it does not work? I will be offline permanently :-(

To what do I change it?

And what if it does not work? I will be offline permanently :-(

What is the model number written on the adaptor? I am assuming the computer is using Windows 7?

Nick

I got back on :)

1 no netscape us verion (but i don't mind!!)
    2 ipad 2 has netscape us version
    3 apple tv has netscape us version

Thanks for all your help!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement